Pregnant after 35

my husband is disappointed by gender

My husband wanted boy so much, in his family all brothers have girls and he pictured and expected baby to be boy. does anybody experience something similar? how to deal with that? I know he will be fine just his reaction hurted me littel.

Re: my husband is disappointed by gender

• Aw, I'm sorry. Did you tell him how it made you feel?
  • Yes, he will be fine, I know he will love littel girl, it just made me feel so sad in the moment
  • Loading the player...
  • My husband wanted a boy, too. I'm too happy that it's a girl to be too upset, but I get upset over plenty of other things! So it balances out. I'm sure she'll capture his heart and he'll fall in love with her, she'll be daddy's little girl. For my husband, he can picture himself doing so much more with a boy. Once our girls are here, though, I'm sure they'll be changed forever.
  • HWKIHWKI member
    Remind him he can do everything with a girl he could have done with a boy - sports, outdoor activities. My DH is wrapped around the finger of my DD and he was so happy our 2nd will be a girl as well. He will come around. Go buy a little pink baseball mitt or fishing pole or whatever he thought he could only do with a boy.
  • When we got the results of this genetic testing back for this baby I was just sooooo happy there was nothing genetic wrong with the baby.  When I told my husband everything looked great and it was a boy he stomped his foot down, rolled his eyes and huffed.  Then said "oh I wanted a girl".  He didn't go with me to the ultrasound at 20 weeks because he "already knew it was a boy and that wasn't exciting" so why take his time to accompany me.  Last baby when I told him of my ultrasound he was trying to decide if he would go or not his response was something like "If I  knew it would be a girl I would go, but who cares if its another boy".  We were unable to tell with that one what we were having.  Even right before birth he made a comment like "if its another boy, who would care, thats not exciting"/ My husband is just used to always getting his way and can't handle it when there is something out of his control that isn't his way
  • Hi, I would never think he can be really so disappointed. I knew he wanted boy, but likeHWKI said he can do everything with her he could have done with a boy. I do not see problem in this. I know it is just in his imagination, he and his family pictured boy,  because all his brothers have girls.For me the most important part is to have healthy and happy baby. :)
  • @florida2001, my fiance wanted a boy as well.  His one sister has four girls and his other sister had three girls and one boy, who was born last year.  I think everyone was kinda looking for a boy playmate for our new little nephew.  

When I found out we were having a girl, I texted him and he texted me back "crap."  If I hadn't been out in public with my brother and sister, I think I would have cried.  But, he explained later that he has a whole different set of worries raising a girl than a boy.  

Anyway, he has already come around and is excited.  I am sure your hubby will do the same. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ErinkaErinka member
    My DH will be happy with either gender! Just so thankful to be pregnant!
  • There is a lot of info on gender disappoimtment. I really didn't care when I found out I was preg but hubby really wanted a boy. He has a girl from his first marriage. So I was on the boy bandwagon too. It's weird cuz u are happy but that little part of u feels a twinge of disappointment. I don't think it's the actual gender it's the "daydreaming" about little league games etc. I told my hubby we could have a girl who lovesto fish and watch football as easily as boy who wants piano lessons. It's all meant to be!
  • My DH wants a girl. He even picked the name already. We don't know what we are having but I asked him last night and he said boy. He also informed me that he has his name too. Guess I don't get a choice on names but after trying for 6 years he can name this child anything he wants.
  • My boyfriend is also disappointed we are having a girl. He stopped being excited when we found out. Now he doesn't return our calls. His loss. I'm so grateful to have her. I don't need him.
  • cneiding said:

When we got the results of this genetic testing back for this baby I was just sooooo happy there was nothing genetic wrong with the baby.  When I told my husband everything looked great and it was a boy he stomped his foot down, rolled his eyes and huffed.  Then said "oh I wanted a girl".  He didn't go with me to the ultrasound at 20 weeks because he "already knew it was a boy and that wasn't exciting" so why take his time to accompany me.  Last baby when I told him of my ultrasound he was trying to decide if he would go or not his response was something like "If I  knew it would be a girl I would go, but who cares if its another boy".  We were unable to tell with that one what we were having.  Even right before birth he made a comment like "if its another boy, who would care, thats not exciting"/ My husband is just used to always getting his way and can't handle it when there is something out of his control that isn't his way

That's really sad and HURTFUL! Bless your heart!!! I can't imagine! Little boys are sweet little blessings!!!!! I have 3 of my own and a stepson. I would be happy with either gender this time, and long as it's a healthy little baby!!

• My boyfriend is also disappointed we are having a girl. He stopped being excited when we found out. Now he doesn't return our calls. His loss. I'm so grateful to have her. I don't need him.

Geeeeez. What's wrong with these stupid men???????
    :(
  • My DH was disappointed at the ultrasound when we found out our 1st was a girl. Wasn't mad, just disappointed..... our little girl is 20months old now and she is the light of his eyes. He even recently said that he would be excited if #2 was also a girl because of how amazing DD is.
    Lilypie - Eu0n
    BFP: 12/3/15     EDD: 8/11/16     IT'S A BOY!!!
    MAXIMUS POWERS   8♥5♥16

Lilypie - pXE7
    BFP: 8/5/13      EDD: 4/13/14     IT'S A GIRL!!!      
    AYLA BLAIR   3♥27♥14