Trouble TTC
Options

TTTC Checkin - 06/15/2015

Good morning, everybody! 

What's going on this week? Post any updates... and good luck this cycle!

PAGING:
@GoldenKeys: dx:unexplained  treatment: currently benched, getting healthy
@kittycap  dx: PCOS  treatment: Clomid
@kristylang dx:Low counts/quality  treatment: Clomid+IUI
@jurba25 dx:PCOS/hypothyroidism  treatment: Clomid
@starlitfae dx:Unexplained, thyroid  treatment: Synthroid, femara, trigger+IUI
@chaconvanessa: dx:testing phase  treatment: Charting
@KidShrink: dx:Immature follies, thin lining   treatment: Femara/Ovidrel/Prometrieum
@mandasand: dx: low AMH  treatment:IVF
@jnissa: dx: DOR   treatment: IVF
@AnnieBananie90:  dx: PCOS   treatment: Clomid + TI
@Boogaloou: dx: PCOS +MFI  treatment:metformin, femara, Purgon + IUI
@27alex: dx: unknown  treatment: waiting to test
@SmileyMcGee
@tiffk10: dx PCOS  treatment: Femara +TI
@J_k4ever05  dx: PCOS + MFI (morph)   treatment: benched/getting healthy
@nickis32: dx: Endo + MFI (morph)
@dmsmth
@lifeislove87 dx:autoimmune challenges
@Alyeena dx: PCOS + MFI  treatment: modified IVF + ISCI
@BlissfulWifey: dx: Anovulatory: Progesterone + trigger
@SandyBrook: dx: irregular bleeding  treatment: testing phase
@Aera11: dx:mild PCOS treatment: Clomid
@AndieB83: dx:unexplained  treatment: Clomid/IUI
@Cupcakegal930: dx: MFI: count and motility  treatment: IVF+ISCI
@graphicgranite: dx: Possible PCOS treatment: Clomid + testing
@eekers: Unexplained treatment:Femara, Ovidrel, Prometrium
@stac12679: dx: Bilateral tubal blockage  treatment: mini IVF
@tripplek1988: dx: PCOS  treatment: Clomid
@amazeballz: DX: pcos treatment: TBD
@mmkipper: dx: MFI/motility treatment: Clomid + IUI

NEWCOMERS:

To be added to the Weekly Checkin, please answer the following:

1.  How long have you been TTC?

2.  What is your diagnosis?

3.  What is your current treatment plan?

Question of the Week:   How is your spouse/SO doing emotionally?  Any ideas to keep our relationships from getting overwhelmed with IF anxiety and depression?

Married for 7 years, TTC for 4 years
dx:  Diminished Ovarian Reserve
2 Clomid IUI's + 4 injectable IUI's= 5 BFNs and 1 mc

Re: TTTC Checkin - 06/15/2015

• Options
    GoldenKeysGoldenKeys admin
    edited June 2015
    Hi all,   this week I decided to stay away from the scale and to just try to eat healthy and get some exercise.   I've been feeling a bit defeated and just need to give myself a break.  So no real news on the 'getting healthy' front.    I've been really thinking about going back to school to get a masters in management, maybe an online type of school.  This week I'm going to look into substitute teaching which might give me a more flexible schedule to pursue this dream.

QOTW:  My DH tends to ignore his feelings about IF, which doesn't help either one of us.  Because when you ignore things, you aren't dealing with them and your pain and anxiety comes out in different unhealthy ways.   I think that he feels helpless and somehow responsible for making me happy.   I've been using some conversation tools that I learned at RESOLVE to try to work this out, but he's one of those macho types so it takes time.

• Options
    Hello, I am still just trying to get healthy but I had a lot of cake over the weekend so I am not getting on the scale to see my damage. I just plan to do a ton of Zumba and try to make this week better. 

QOTW:  My DH is kind of just taking it one day at a time. He is doing great with the supplements and the acupuncture but I dont know how much longer he will last with all the diet restrictions. 

IDEA: I read somewhere online that couples should try a romance jar to help a relationship thrive. The concept is just to get a jar and  write down things that you find romantic/fun as it comes to you. The jar should include entries from you and DH at any given time (maybe use different color index cards). The other person then pulls from the jar to fulfill those things that their spouse suggested. I have yet to actually try it but it sounds fun.

Have a great week everyone.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    GoldenKeysGoldenKeys admin
    edited June 2015

Hello, I am still just trying to get healthy but I had a lot of cake over the weekend so I am not getting on the scale to see my damage. I just plan to do a ton of Zumba and try to make this week better. 

QOTW:  My DH is kind of just taking it one day at a time. He is doing great with the supplements and the acupuncture but I dont know how much longer he will last with all the diet restrictions. 

IDEA: I read somewhere online that couples should try a romance jar to help a relationship thrive. The concept is just to get a jar and  write down things that you find romantic/fun as it comes to you. The jar should include entries from you and DH at any given time (maybe use different color index cards). The other person then pulls from the jar to fulfill those things that their spouse suggested. I have yet to actually try it but it sounds fun.

Have a great week everyone.
    I know someone who did that romance jar thingie and she seemed  to really like it.   I might give that a shot at some point!

• Options
    In the same spot as you @GoldenKeys! On Friday, I felt shitty about my progress weight wise, then went to my GP and lost it... Just started crying as I was updating him on everything so far. I'm lucky he's fantastic and will refer me to the top clinic in the area (a good hr away, whereas the other one is 5 min away from our house) if things don't go as I hope at our meeting with our current RE in July. DH felt really bad he wasn't there when he heard how rough it had been for me.

DH has been itching for a baby for quite some time now, and he's getting impatient. He's also very bitter at my little sister having gotten pregnant on the first try. I've seen him cry over this 2-3 times over the past few months, which is significantly more than the two times in the previous 8 years. It really hurts to see him that way, especially considering that I'm the 'problem'...I just feel like I'm disappointing him, even though he's been amazingly supportive throughout.
    He's also had some performance anxiety...and that's part of our reasoning to want IUI after my surgery. For some reason he feels like it's less pressure to do it in a cup (go figure, I don't get that one).

We're leaving for 2 weeks in Italy on Saturday. We're excited to spend quality time together away from all the fertility and other stress in our life. Hopefully, that'll recharge our batteries for the surgery and upcoming treatments.
  • Options
    KidShrink  I'm sorry that you had a rough week too...   hopefully your trip to Italy will give the both of you some well deserved relaxation. Have a great time!

• Options
    tripplek1988tripplek1988 member
    edited June 2015
    Hello Everyone,surprisingly my DH has been so supportive and emotional he is doing very well, he always seem to brighten my day and cheer me up whenever I beat myself up and blame my self for not giving him a family, he reminds me that nothing happens before its time and regardless of what happens we have each other :)

Health wise i am still working on losing weight it has been so hard, I've found a new love for Smores throughout this process which definitely doesn't make the weight fall off any easier. Im being optimistic though and still trying to eat more organic and exercise at least once a week.

Things I found helpful in keeping the relationship from getting overwhelmed, is to have date nights once a week no exceptions,doing chores and improving our house together and also going for bike rides/walks in the park sound cliche but it has helped taking my mind off this relentless process :)
    Married 03.30.12
    TTC Since September 2011

Me: 27  DH: 28, 
    Dx: PCOS/Block right Fallopian tube
    Treatment: clomid.

• Options
    Hi all...this week no real updates (2ww) except the fact that it's going to be tough emotionally because I celebrate a bday, a reminder that another year has passed without conceiving, I'm a year older & relatives asking the dreaded "so it's about time you have kids, don't you think?" DH is holding my hand through it and being so supportive but just like @goldenkeys he isn't forthcoming with his emotions. It's like pulling teeth to get him to express just one ounce of feelings. He wants to fix it all and be positive through it, but won't say anything more than "well next time" which can drive me up the wall. Sometimes I think I'm emotional enough for us both :( I like the romance jar idea may have to take advantage of it.
    Married Sept. 2011
    Me- 33 all test have come back normal
    DH- 37 all test have come back normal
    TTC since Sept. 2013
  • Options
    Hi all
    Nothing new going on here this week. Waiting for my cycle to start in July to move onto IVF #2. Focusing on losing weight like the dr asked me to and hit a road block this weekend because we were super busy with family bbq's. Hoping to get back at it this week and get back into my excercise routine.

DH never shows his true feelings on anything, we actually started to go to couples therapy when we got the infertility diagnose back in November, it helps him to get his feelings out. He's been working really hard on telling them to me on his own now. The one thing we decided to focus on this month before starting up again next month is "us". Each week we do something fun together, tonight we are going to see Train and the Fray in concert and going out for a nice dinner. So each week we've been trying to find time for just us. It's helped a lot.
    Me: 40  
    TTC #1: 3 years
    Me: Type II Diabetic
    Started with RE 11/2014
    Going through IUI with Donor Sperm

• Options
    jnissajnissa member
    KidShrink  Italy. So jealous. Because of work (he's on a fellowship for the last two years), we haven't been on a vacation together for two years. We're headed to Costa Rica this November and I am literally counting the days. 

Vane55a1CJ  Good luck on you TWW! Stay positive.

I started estrogen priming this week, so I'm retaining water and emotional. Fun times! Weight doesn't seem to be as big an issue for me as for some of you, but *nobody* likes to finish a run, get on a scale, and weigh 4 pounds more than they did a few days before. I also have my HSG this Friday. I didn't really mind it the first time around, so I'm not anticipating anything bad.

You know, both times we did IF treatment, DH was in work hell, so I handled *a lot* of it independently. I also think because we're both ok with donor (and will go that route if this IF fails) it's a little different. I don't know. We never really got to the point where things were super emotional for us (we aren't super emotional people), but then again, that's part of what makes us work as a couple!
    Me: 41, DH 38, Diagnosis DOR
    Started TTC 12/2013
    First Trip to RE: 11/2014
    IVF Round 1: 2/2014 - BFP
    DD Born 11/9/2014
    TTC a Sibling Started 5/2015
    First IVF Round 8/15 - BFN
    Taking a break to go on vacation + enjoy the holidays before FET and/or another IVF round in 2016!

• Options
    Aera11Aera11 member
    Hi All!  

No new updates here....just waiting to see my RE again next Tuesday to discuss the second SA and HSG.  

QOTW:  He's doing surprisingly well so far.  It took a little encouraging in the beginning to get him on board with seeing an RE and accepting that many couples struggle with IF, but now that he's heard first hand what the doctor has had to say and has seen what I've already had to go through, he's been very supportive.  We are both trying to be positive and hopeful, which doesn't always come naturally to me.  I tend to be more of a realist.  

Ideas:  There is definitely a fine line of not talking about IF and not letting it consume us...which I get, because some days it is all I can think about.  We make an effort to do something that doesn't result in us talking about babies.  We try to do a fun night out just because in the middle of the week to mix things up and we've found it kind of revives us for the rest of the week.  We'll go downtown or catch a movie; now that it's nice out we've packed a picnic or got ice cream and took our pup to the park.  I know it's hard, but I think it's still important to be a couple and I've watched some good friends loose that in their struggle with IF.  I am thinking of you all and sending lots of hugs out!

Side note: Are any of you involved in support groups where you live?  I am debating about whether or not I should join one in the area...I have lots of reservations about it but am a little interested.
  • Options
    Aera11Aera11 member
    @KidShrink, omg Italy?!  Where are you going?  It's one of the most amazing places.  Have a great trip :)
  • Options
    eekerseekers member

I'm currently in my 2ww with blood draw scheduled for tomorrow morning to test progesterone levels.  The prometrium/progesterone suppositories are kicking my butt.  I can't remember the last time I felt this tired so I've been focusing on eating healthy, exercising and trying to get to bed earlier each night. 

DH has been pretty supportive- coming with me to appointments, listening to me ramble, etc.  He doesn't like talking about our miscarriage and just wants to focus on moving forward so he shuts down whenever I bring it up.  Otherwise he's been open about his feelings and fears thru this process. 

We try to have one night a week where we go do something fun together and laugh vs thinking about our struggles. 

• Options
    @Aera11 : 5 days on the Amalfi Coast, 5 days around Bari (DH has extended family there, so we'll be getting nonna style food when we visit, plus a cooking class), and 3 days in Rome! We're super excited, and it does take my mind off everything that hasn't worked so far and the upcoming surgery. We've had to travel back to Montreal (where we're from) from Toronto recently, and haven't had much quality time just the two of us. When I was in grad school, we had decided that every Friday night was a 'just us' date night, and it was great. Since we moved to a new city, it's like we feel bad saying no to anything/anyone, and then we often have visitors or go back home, so it hasn't happened enough. Italy should make up for a little bit of that, but I'll propose reviving that :)

Good luck to everyone over the next two weeks! I'll hopefully have an update after my RE on July 6 (right after we come back).
  • Options
    Aera11Aera11 member
    That sounds amazing @KidShrink!  Enjoy your trip and eat tons of delicious food ;) Yeah I love that Friday night 'just us' idea.  Safe travels!!
  • Options
    Hi everyone, I am feeling optimistic as we had some good news at our clinic appointment today where we found out DH's SA was good and that I ovulated on my first round of clomid. no bfp this time but I'm keeping hopeful for next time.
    QOTW: Like others have said, DH is very reserved about his feelings and also he has a "take things as they come attitude" rather than stressing about everything that might happen or might go wrong. So in that sense he's good for balancing out my over-thinking tendencies! He also has several relatives who have struggled with infertility, including a few with no success after many years of treatments so I think he's just trying to be positive that we are just at the beginning of all this and still have lots of options to try. Overall he's pretty supportive but sometimes I do wish he would want to talk more about everything.

Hope everyone has a good week!
  • Options
    To be added to the Weekly Checkin, please answer the following:

1.  How long have you been TTC? 15 months

2.  What is your diagnosis? PCOS, MCTD and IBS.... past history of nutritional deficiencies and waiting on further testing for infertility reasons

3.  What is your current treatment plan? DH needs to get the "balls" up to call for his SA... then I will be put to the front of the line as I have already had 21day progesterone and an initial vaginal ultrasound which looked normal (other than the whole one ovary covered in cysts looking like it was hit by a shotgun thing and the other looking like it took a few shots)
  • Options
    ACleanLife24 Welcome and you're added!