August 2015 Moms
Options

Coming home outfit - MOM EDITION

We've all been having fun thinking about what we'll bring baby home in, but what are the moms planning on coming home in?

I'm thinking of pulling a Kate Middleton and going with a sundress lol. No, probably not. But my other 2 were winter babies so it was yoga pants and hoodies for weeks after I have birth. This time I'm not so sure because my typical summer wardrobe is mostly sundresses and maxi skirts, but I feel like I'll want something around my lower half other than granniepanties with a ginormous pad. Blech!

So what are you planning on wearing coming home and once your home and still healing?

Re: Coming home outfit - MOM EDITION

• Options
    Nursing tank and yoga pants??? Sexy!

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
    Probably loose workout shorts and a tank/shirt.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm worried it's too hot for pants! lol
  • Options
    Stretchy shorts and a t-shirt, it's going to be about 110 here by the time August rolls around !
  • Options

I will only be outside for what 5min Max before I get into an air-conditioned car and then an air conditioned house. My legs were ridiculously swollen the last 2 times so no way I want visitors staring at my sausages.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options

This!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have no idea. Prob yoga pants and t shirt? Still have six weeks to plan :-)
  • Options
    Yoga capris and a nursing tank is my go to!
  • Options
    edited June 2015

I was also going to do yoga pants/tank.  But honestly, I don't think a sundress is that bad of an idea.  I have some casual cotton/jersey ones that I wear on the weekends and they are by far more comfortable than yoga pants. 

Edit: Re-read your post and remembering the giant diaper.  you're right...there should be pants.

• Options
    Sweat pants and a maternity t-shirt, probably flip flops.

Out of curiosity, for the people that have worn yoga pants after baby was it super obvious you had a huge pad on? I have yoga pants but they're pretty fitted and I feel like they would look weird with the pads. At my hospital they were pretty huge.
  • Options
    Probably a cotton/jersey maxi dress with stretchy compression shorts underneath. I'm going to also pack stretchy pants and nursing tops incase that feels like a better choice.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    To those opting for anything other than black yoga pants, just beware that you may leak/bleed and that's not going to be attractive. I know you're really just going from room to car, car to house, but still. 

Plus a maxi dress is probably much thinner than yoga pants, so you're going to have some seriously mis-shapen, unattractive-ass/panty lines. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

Yoga pants are usually pretty tight/ fitted. What type of yoga pants do you suggest wearing? I Have zero clue what I need to buy for this event!!

• Options
    You'll be wearing something like this. You may even have a small ice pack between your legs too. It's just all a bit "bulky." I'd choose some black pants that are not tight on your waist or butt. Perhaps a relaxed fit vs skinny/straight cut. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I'll probably pack two choices: the typical yoga pants and t-shirt, or a cotton dress. 
    DD1: 3.27.2003
    DD2: 9.7.2008
    DS: 8.4.2015

• Options
    mamaloaf said:

You'll be wearing something like this. You may even have a small ice pack between your legs too. It's just all a bit "bulky." I'd choose some black pants that are not tight on your waist or butt. Perhaps a relaxed fit vs skinny/straight cut. 
    Oh also everyone keep in mind that births don't always go as planned and there is also a chance you'll end up with a c-section (I'm def having a csection, but for everyone else reading this) so you'll want to consider something that won't irritate an incision. I think that's where I'm having trouble deciding what to do because I have pants that could be worn well above my incision, but all of my Capri/shorts would hit right at the incision :(
  • Options
    Dark colored loose shorts (I think they are linen) and a pink tshirt for team girl.
  • Options
    I'm thinking yoga pants/shorts/or leggings depending on how I'm feeling and a short sleeve or sleeveless tunic type of top that's flowy and not clingy.
  • Options
    Going with over-sized PJ pants, nursing bra and a t-shirt. Nothing glamorous. Just loose and comfy. We're going straight home where I'll probably go right to the couch to snuggle with baby. 
  • Options
    Yoga pants + nursing tank.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

Well you'll only be going from inside a hospital to your car,
    That your husband should cool off for
    You then into your house. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Sweat pants and a maternity t-shirt, probably flip flops.

Out of curiosity, for the people that have worn yoga pants after baby was it super obvious you had a huge pad on? I have yoga pants but they're pretty fitted and I feel like they would look weird with the pads. At my hospital they were pretty huge.

I wanted to wear a tank but was considering this same thing think I'll bring an oversized tshirt that is long enough to cover my butt.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    mrsb30mrsb30 member

Probably something like this. You know...for easy breastfeeding access.

Lol you crack me up!
  • Options
    @breezymeema7 =)) Just busted out laughing in line at the grocery store. Got a ton of weird looks ha!
  • Options
    I bought 2 dresses from ON yesterday that I think will work for going home. For a first time c-sectioner, I am nervous about wearing pants. The dresses were about $18 and have easy nursing access, so I can wear a nursing tank underneath.

Like other posters, my first 2 kids were born in the winter, so it was PJ pants and hoodie to go home.
  • Options
    victoriaaa1victoriaaa1 member
    edited June 2015
    Spaghetti strap and some black joggers ! Since joggers are really lose and comfortable ;)
  • Options
    These!  They are loose, but still have the fold over top so I can comfortably adjust where I want them to sit.  Also, they are cool enough for a delivery in Texas in August!!  And...you can't go wrong with black!

ETA- I will NOT be wearing the heels this crazy woman has on with them...just my flip flops...Thanks!

Cody Lane - 4/22/2004
    Colten James - 9/9/2005

Isabella Ann - 7/20/2012

SURPRISE!!!  Emma Leigh - due 8/27/2015 (c-section date 8/7/2015)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ammc07ammc07 member
    I have a super comfy sundress. It's not a maternity or nursing dress but it's perfect for it. I didn't pick it so that I could look cute going home, I more picked it because it has easy nursing access and it's comfortable even wearing my 'diaper' under it and it won't sit on my csection incision.
  • Options

That would be the best day of DH's life regardless of what my body looks like.

• Options
    I have these pants from at least 3 years ago. Black, very loose and comfy and very thin for sweat pants so wont be too hot either...I was for sure wearing these. I love them....theres a now a big hole at a pocket in the back where those lovely mesh panties would show.
    Cue plan B...whatever that ends up being! Lol
  • Options

I was having a little bit of a down day today. No reason, just felt a little blue..hormones I guess. Thanks for posting this, it literally made me LOL not just want to type it. Ha! Kind of got me a little out of the funk I was in.
  • Options
    I think I would just wear a flowy v-neck jersey dress. My favorite ones I got at Target off the clearance rack. I've given up on pants and it's going to be hot August for Houston.
    DS1 - 8-10-2015 LO2 - EDD 4-30-2017
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I have to have a c-section so loose pajama pants and an oversized t-shirt is likely it for me. I might consider a nursing tank, but I'm not sure I'm going to want anything tight against me yet at that point. I wore pajama pants and an over-sized t-shirt for like the first 10 days after my first c-section... I'm not planning on leaving the house much anyway till I can drive myself.
  • Options
    I think I'm going to wear a loose, flowy maxi dress.. That way if I have huge panties on due to pads, ice, etc, it will not be noticeable. Also, August is going to be hot as heck, considering the temps right now!! I want the least amount of fabric tight to my body as possible!!
  • Options

Probably a cotton/jersey maxi dress with stretchy compression shorts underneath. I'm going to also pack stretchy pants and nursing tops incase that feels like a better choice.

Ditto
    Need a good read? There's a new blogger in town... www.thepinningmama.com Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm having a csection as well. Being in Phoenix in August, I'm thinking I need to wear as little as possible! It's already over 110, and the monsoons haven't even started yet! Ugh!
  • Options
    ammc07ammc07 member
    meli1112 said:

I'm having a csection as well. Being in Phoenix in August, I'm thinking I need to wear as little as possible! It's already over 110, and the monsoons haven't even started yet! Ugh!

I'm in Phoenix too (glendale). I honestly forgot about the monsoons and humidity part. Ugh. We had one hell of a year last year so I wonder if this year's going to be anything like that.
  • Options
    Yoga pants are tighter fitting than most of my dresses so I was thinking a dress would be more comfy and less noticeable for whatever sexiness is going on down under. So that's the plan for now!
  • Options
    Loose flowy maxi dress is the way to go! I have a black strapless maternity dress that should do the trick.