December 2014 Moms
Options

Post baby issues

Hi moms ! My son will be 6 months old on Saturday and I'm still loosing my hair and my skin is doing basically whatever it wants! Anyone else still having post baby issues !?

Re: Post baby issues

• Options
    Oh lawd! I haven't had excema since I was 13. Now I have it on my cheeks arms AND legs. My hair falls out in clumps. I also cannot lose weight. I've been stuck at 188, which is my pre-pregnancy weight but none of my pre preggo clothes fit. How weird is that?!
  • Options
    Me too! My hair still falls out and I'm stuck in my weight. I have no time to go to the gym and no one to watch LO for me to do so. I try home stuff but it's not enough to blast the fat :(

Also, is anyone still having a lack of libido? Mine comes in small waves but most of the time it's like 'don't touch me' and I still feel bad for telling my SO no a lot of the time but by the time we have 'alone' time, it's late and I'm exhausted from baby and housework and work work.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My hair is finally starting to come back, except now it looks like I shaved the side of my head since it's so short.

I really wish my hemeroid would go away, I thought they would just pop back in once LO was here.
  • Options
    My libido comes in waves too! I think after all day of my LO wanting things from me by the time my SO comes home I just need some space and don't want to be touched ! And I feel bad about it but I just need some me time !!
  • Options
    Are you nursing? Your hair may fall out till you stop nursing. That's how it was for me the first time around, and still falling out/nursing for me too.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Keratosis pliaris on the back of my arms and thighs is super flared up after years of it being pretty subdued. It sucks and is definitely from postpartum and breastfeeding hormones. Boo!!
  • Options
    My hair didn't start falling out until after I was done BFing. Now it falls out like crazy! My skin has been ok up until now. Now I'm breaking out in acne on my face and chest. Ugh. AND the weight issue...I've gotten back into exercising (at home) and I think I eat fairly well most of the time (but not ALL the time) but the weight isn't going anywhere :( I WISH I could afford to have just a little tummy tuck (we are one and done with kiddos. Not by choice but by misfortune of trying to get pregnant, etc.) I feel like if I could get this extra flab I got going on in the tummy area I could get toned in other areas by doing the exercising I'm doing. I keep trying to remind myself it took 9 mths to put all this weight on and I didn't really start working out until 4mths PP so I'm hoping I can make some kind of head way within a year or so.

I don't know about everyone else either but I feel like I'm on an emotional roller coaster half the time. Mostly when I'm exhausted...I just wanna cry over any little thing. Ugh. I'm 41 though and possibly my hormones at that age have something to do with all that too!
  • Options
    My hair loss is starting to ease up a bit. Definitely don't have as much coming out in the shower.
  • Options
    pchungpchung member
    Sometimes when I cough I pee a little and sometimes that makes me cry a little.
  • Options
    teaismCAgalteaismCAgal member
    edited July 2015
    Are we being totally open here? Here are my ongoing issues: 

- Still 10 pounds over pre-pregnancy weight :(
    - Have redness in *that* region which is normally OK but can feel really dry sometimes. I'm using estrogen cream on it and my doctor says it will likely go away on its own eventually. (this is caused by the sudden drop in estrogen and apparently can take women years to get this balanced again)
    - Still have my negra linea -- this isn't a big deal, don't care if it sticks around.