August 2015 Moms
Options

I'm not the "fun," girl anymore...

Don't get me wrong, I have never felt so much joy and excitement before I was pregnant. I am embracing the idea of being a mommy to my DS and can't wait for him to get here. That being said, I can't help but feel like I cramp everyone's style. Especially once I started showing. Certain friendships have completely ended since I found out I was pregnant, which hurts but c'est la vie. I think it hurts more that my husband doesn't include me in his plans. For example, he has taken two vacations with his "bros," during this pregnancy. How many vacations has this mommy been on? 0, none, zilch, nada. When I suggest doing a babymoon or getting out of town for a day or two he says we don't have the money for it or he wishes I would have thought of it before he planned his other vacations. I want to do things with him before DS gets here because this will be the last time it will ever be just us until we are really old. It really bothers me that he has all of these things that separate us (band, golf, "bro" vacations). Getting him to do anything with me is like pulling teeth, he checks his phone and always has other plans for after we are done. I just feel like I lost that allure. That I'm not worth hanging out with anymore, because I don't want to go out to the bars or can't stay awake past ten. Am I crazy? Do any other mommies feel like that lost their "fun girl," title? I'm still the same person, I just get heartburn and swell up more easily. Sorry this is so long and not really a question. It did feel good to vent though.

Re: I'm not the "fun," girl anymore...

• Options
    I definitely am no fun anymore.  Several friends parties I have not been invited to.  My DH suffers through pregnancy right along with me so, he is moody and tired and hungry and we have no energy for anything (this isn't fun either).  I hope things get better between you and your DH and you can get on the same page better.  It sucks to feel so seperated.
    Aug 15 April Siggy challenge: Baby Shower fails:

BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I'm sorry you're going through that. I feel your pain :( my SO basically blames me for a lot of things. We've both gained a lot of weight during my pregnancy but it's my fault she gained weight because I'm eating all the time and a bad influence. It's also my fault that we are both out of shape because she has no one to go running or rollerblading with now. She constantly reminds me how she can't wait until I'm no longer pregnant so I'll be able to do stuff again.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Definitely right there as well. Hubby gets calls from friends a lot, and I get nothing. I sit at home by myself a lot and I get very lonely. And people wonder why I talk about my cat so much :(
  • Options
    I feel like you took the words right out of my mouth. It's summer time now and all I want to do is go to the beach or get away for a weekend but friends and husband always have other plans or we sit at home and do nothing. I understand iam fragile and limited to the things I can do, but who knew pregnancy could be so lonely. It will get better, that's what I keep saying :)
  • Options
    Maybe once your hubby and you go have a fun night out, he will realize he's wrong. Also maybe he's worried you'll overdue it and then he will feel guilty so maybe a night out before a baby moon.