Babies on the Brain

Implantation Bleeding

edited June 2015 in Babies on the Brain
I'm 7 months postpartum and started my period back regularly 7 weeks postpartum, despite exclusively breastfeeding. I have not been temping, charting...any of that, as we're not actively trying to conceive, but my husband and I are not necessarily trying to prevent it either. My cycles have always been like clockwork - 30 days - but I missed my period 5 days ago. Negative HPTs, then I started spotting today, which is something I've never experienced before. It's extremely light pink, pretty much barely there, and I'm definitely nauseous. 

I ask this because honestly, I had no symptoms when pregnant with my son. Has anyone experienced implantation bleeding and if so, how long did it take to receive a positive test after the fact? 

I have an OB appointment to be checked out on Monday, but I'm just hoping to see if anybody else has had something similar happen. Thanks so much, ladies :)

Re: Implantation Bleeding

• There are many reasons you could be spotting, and implantation bleeding is relatively rare.  Implantation bleeding also happens around implantation, which is generally 6-10 DPO (3-8 days before your expected period).

If you think you're pregnant, take a pregnancy test.  Unfortunately, there's no way for any of us to be able to tell what's causing your spotting.
  • Thanks so much for your reply! Any yes, I totally understand that nobody can tell me why I'm spotting.