2nd Trimester

What do you call your baby to be?

Re: What do you call your baby to be?

• We call our little one peanut but hopefully wednesday we can put a name to him/her :)
  • We call it the bean:)
  • Loading the player...
  • At my first ultrasound my daughter said ahh a monster so we have been calling ours, our little monster.
  • ems028ems028 member
    We call ours 'Sesame', because when I found out I was pregnant - that's the size the app told me they were.  Soo small!
  • Ours is The Turkey since my due date is just before Thanksgiving. DH likes to call me at work every day and ask me how the Turkey is baking...
  • We used to call her just baby then it was little basketball my hubby started that one and now we r team pink we call her by her name isabelle or izzy for short
  • I've been referring to my little one as "little sweet pea" I just came up with me it out of the blue and it kind of stuck. :)
  • During one of my early weeks of pregnancy we found out the baby was the size of a blueberry on an app. So ever since then we've called her our little Blueberry. 
  • anorthroanorthro member
    edited May 2015
    My MIL has been very opinionated about our name choices so we started telling her fake names to get her off our back. My husband teased that we are naming her Dagmar, and now everyone is calling the baby "Dagmar."
    CafeMom Tickers

• We used to call the baby our little brioche because we didn't know the sex but now that we know we're having a boy, we're taking the name we've been considering out for a test drive and it feels like a good fit!
  • We call our baby boy Champ <3
  • I call it The Alien, after the alien in Alien. 

Drives my husband crazy. He calls it the Chubb. 
  • Our first ultrasound made baby kind of look like a gecko. And it stuck. Gecko will probably end up being a nickname throughout life. We actually love the name but don't want to put that on a child who has to grow up to be an adult.

• groovylocksgroovylocks member
    edited June 2015
    Now that things are getting lumpy down there, my husband exclusively calls it The Chub. 

I am "With Chub".

The neighbour, who is also pregnant, is "Also Chubby".

He also started calling the kid "Lil Chunks"
  • We call ours our little turkey since it's due on Thanksgiving!
  • I call my little guy munchkin
  • Before we chose names, all of my kids were called Parry. Short for parasite. It drove my mother mad, she thought we were insulting the babies. I told her to define the word parasite then come talk to me.
    We have also been calling it a parasite. Both Mom and MiL absolutely hate it! They are insistent that we won't love our child if we use "such negative language at this critical stage". hahaha
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • we call ours guppy, the first ultrasound at 10 weeks, I was reminded of a guppy in a fish bowl, Guppy was very active.
  • suda12suda12 member
    Since I'm due a week before Thanksgiving my husband and I have been calling it the turkey. We've been telling people that I have a turkey in the oven instead of a bun! It's nice to call the baby something other than "it" since we don't know the sex yet.
  • Too funny. We currently call our baby (just found out its a boy) nugget.
  • We've been calling him a gummy bear ever since the first ultrasound when he looked like a little gummy bear floating around with his little stubby arms and legs.
  • binpobinpo member
    I am from Nepal, so I call her sanu (little one) and chhoru (little daughter).but at times I call her random nicknames as I am talking to her in Nepali :)
  • Me and my partner call our little one "jelly baby" due to my work mate saying it's call jelly bean but now I am further on it only seems right to upgrade to jelly baby do to the size ;)
  • My father-in-law used to work for the RCMP and in reports they would shorten first name unknow to FNU (pronounced like finnew when spoken out loud). Ever since he called my little baby bump that it's stuck! My husband and I like to freak our friends out who haven't heard the explination yet, and joke that it's the actual name for the baby! Hopefully by November we'll have come up with an actual name.
  • Our last name is Greene so we have everyone calling it "baby Greene" i already have names picked out but I don't want to jinx it until we find out the sex !!!!
  • Poochie, because my belly is pooching out now.
  • Baby razz because my mother asked me how big the baby was a few weeks ago and I replied raspberry so it stuck. :)
  • My husband and I call each other babe ... So the babies name for now is Baby Babe :)
  • sam301sam301 member
    The father of my baby calls the twins "the peanuts" and I call them "b1 and b2" or bananas in pyjamas
  • I call it my mini muffin (muffin is my DH nickname from me) or my little peanut. However my mother in law calls it baby bun.
  • We call ours Naruto, when my students found out they also called the baby Naruto without my telling them. I love the Anime and my students know that so they thought it was fitting. We named the baby that because when my fiance listens to my belly it always sounds like a whirlpool in there or the baby is making a fuss to cause morning sickness. Lol Naruto means Maelstrom which is a type of Whirlpool storm in Japanese. It is also the little spiral cheese thing you get in your ramen.
  • I've been calling him lolly pop.  Once we found out we were having a boy we immediately started calling him Oliver or Ollie for short.  That's what we are going to name him.  Then one day Ollie went to lolly and then I ended up calling him lolly pop.  People think its hilarious but we are a nickname family.  So who knows how many nicknames this baby will have.  Lollypop may be his only "normal" one.
  • I call my LO Sweet Pea like the baby Popeye adopted
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • sparkss15 said:

I've been calling him lolly pop.  Once we found out we were having a boy we immediately started calling him Oliver or Ollie for short.  That's what we are going to name him.  Then one day Ollie went to lolly and then I ended up calling him lolly pop.  People think its hilarious but we are a nickname family.  So who knows how many nicknames this baby will have.  Lollypop may be his only "normal" one.

Our baby's name is Declan Oliver but Ollie just kind of stuck so we call him Ollie:)

Before we found out it was a boy I would call him sweat pea and DH would call him baby.
  • Ours is also Baby Jellybean, mostly for the kids' sake. They wanted SOMETHING to call it, and we are still a few weeks out from having a gender/name. So it's Jellybean for now. :)
  • nelly1988nelly1988 member
    edited August 2015
    Mini me until we find out sex in few weeks
  • We call or baby "baby burd." Shortened version of our last name. my husband goes by burd for most sports and at work since he's military they also call him that.
  • By her name now :)
  • Calling mine disco dave or sprog....just a mix between the two :)
  • I call mine by whatever is the "object of the week" that apps compare LO to. I just check all my apps and then choose the one that appeals the most. This week I'm going with ice cream :D