High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Cerclages and Sex

Had the stitch done about 3 weeks ago. I just wanted to know has anyone had no sex/no orgasm restrictions with the cerclage?

Re: Cerclages and Sex

• Options
    justyhjustyh member
    edited June 2015
    Doctor told me no sex Or anything in vagina. Not sure if oral sex counts?
  • Options
    I was told absolute pelvic rest. And that orgasms cause you to contract which can damage the stitch and make your cervix shorten. But every doc is different
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was told no sex. Nothing about orgasms, but I did occasionally get them when I sleeping.
    imageimage image image Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I don't have a cerclage, but I'm on pelvic rest, including no orgasms and I've had some in my sleep, too! The nurse told me to, "Try not to do that." Right...
  • Options
    In your sleep? Wow you're talented...lol
  • Options
    Lol I wish I had them in my sleep
  • Options
    Haha! I get them from time to time, especially if I wake up having to pee really bad. I guess it's kinda like guys morning wood? When I was first put on pelvic rest, I had them more. I would wake up hoping I wasn't sending myself into labor!
    imageimage image image Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    doc told me no sex . nothing going in vag at all . and no orgasms bc they contract your uterus when you do . good luck .
  • Options
    I had my cerclage placed at 14 weeks and was told no sex for 2 weeks. I have noticed that I do get minor spotting after intercourse with my cerclage.