May 2015 Moms

Separation anxiety

Is maternal separarion anxiety a "thing?" I miss my LO so incredibly much when she's not in my arms. I have anxiety (heart racing, sweating) in some instances when she's not with me (even if she's less than 20 feet away). I am not worried at all about the care she is in because I 100% trust those I leave her with. And, sometimes I leave her and I feel no anxiety. I'm going to ask my dr at this at my follow up appointment but wanted to see if anyone else has these feelings.

Re: Separation anxiety

• Kye042Kye042 member
    I have these feelings but for my husband!
  • mb1383mb1383 member
    I had this with my first born. It took me quite a long time to get over it. Not until he was several months old and even then I still felt uneasy. I would say it's normal. I am much more easy going with my second.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have this! It's gotten slightly better but it's still there.
  • I have it at night (when she's asleep in her crib and I freak myself out worrying about SIDS).

Today DH went on our first post-baby date and I had quite a bit of anxiety about leaving her for the first time ever. All went well, but I'm not sure I want to do it again for a while!
  • I have a wedding coming up on the 27th and my sister is going to watch my LO. I'm already having terrible anxiety about it.
  • I have had terrible anxiety about everything lately. This is one of them. SIDS, as someone else mentioned, is another. I feel like there is so much in this world I just can't control and it makes me so nervous.
  • I have the angel care movement monitor, it was a bit pricey but has given me huge piece of mind when it comes to SIDS.
  • I have it too. It was worse with DS1. He is now 3 and even though he's been fantastic about becoming a big brother, I can see him acting out sometimes and we've talked about why mommy always has the baby and some things we used to do aren't as easy right now. I've she'd some tears over this even. So one night when he was having a 3 year old moment we talked about having a mommy and me date and we'd let grandma babysit for a couple hours. Well as much as I know DS1 needs this, and as much as I want to spend one on one time with him, I'm already anxious. Soon we'll all be wanting breaks and if you're anything like me, as soon as you get one, all you want to do is go pick them back up!