June 2015 Moms

Crazy Nesting Activities

13»

Re: Crazy Nesting Activities

• Kresla said:

My nesting started with major baby shopping followed by major organization of the nursery. Then, I divided up the laundry and have since folded and put away each load while organizing as stuff ships in. All that is left in my nursery is one load of laundry, making the crib bed, and setting up the monitor and putting pictures up once they ship in. On Saturday, my DH and I will do a massive house organization followed by cleaning in every room. DH knows that on Saturday, I own him lol. After Saturday, I hope my nesting is complete.

That's awesome-- I wish I had the energy to do our junk drawers in our house, but alas! I'm pretty tapped out.

Are you gonna set up your monitor on a table or up on a shelf? Haven't even thought about that one.
  • Loading the player...
  • KreslaKresla member
    @Westypet We actually considered either the bookcase, which is near the crib and literally bracketed to the wall (DH's idea as he fears baby pulling bookcase over lol), or on the wall. We have a video monitor so we need a place that baby can hear us talk though the hand held part and a place that we can see baby sleeping. It came with some wall mounts that look pretty nice and not really redneck. We will see... However, DH is adorable. The bracketing of the bookcase and coming home to see a smoke alarm and carbon monoxide detector installed in the nursery made me burst in tears. He also insisted on sanding and painting the whole nursery himself, even though his brother volunteered to help. They say the DH goes through a bit of a nesting phase and it is true.
  • I bought this thing called a "scour stick"
    It's a pumice scouring stick....... My nesting is over but DH used it on our toilet rings ( house built in 76 ) .... And they are completely gone! In case anyone reaaaally wants to get those toilets cleaned before baby.
    Also it was sexy that he finally cleaned the toilets after 2 years of marriage.
  • klkonwi said:

I bought this thing called a "scour stick"
    It's a pumice scouring stick....... My nesting is over but DH used it on our toilet rings ( house built in 76 ) .... And they are completely gone! In case anyone reaaaally wants to get those toilets cleaned before baby.
    Also it was sexy that he finally cleaned the toilets after 2 years of marriage.

I BOUGHT THAT THING TOO!!!
    It was my only hope to get some disgusssssting mildew out of our shower.
    Works on toilets?! Nice!!!!
  • Ok so I followed @westypet idea for drawer organization. Nothing we bought at dollar general was small enough. I did find these ikea organizers....... Having my sis look for them in KC and bring them when she comes! Prob could order online?
    6 for 9.99
  • mellymar said:

I've decided that the money I would save at dollar general I would waste in gas, so I looked for drawer organizers at Walmart today and didn't find shiz. So I'm going to measure out and cut up partitions out of the multitude of cardboard boxes I have and use them to make organizersj. Yeah, I'm ghetto. :-??

Let us know if that works! I saw it on pinterest but I'm afraid if I do it it'll turn into one of those "pinterest fails". If you have a bed bath and beyond they have some there as well !
  • @Zeuskay01 I think if we use thicker ply cardboard and cut it so it just barely fits (maybe even right to size so you kinda have to smush the edges to get it to squeeze in lengthwise), it should work enough. I'm thinking of using the boxes from my stroller and carseat, they're pretty thick.

I'm probably not going to do this till after LO comes tho, when my mom is here. I know I'll probably be exhausted, but she likes to organize and I can just cut em to fit and give her a pile of stuff and she'll put them all away.

If it's successful tho I'll take pics and share. I have some ideas from when I took woodshop about how to fit pieces together so I can quarter a drawer or have odd sized sections
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • mellymar said:

@Zeuskay01 I think if we use thicker ply cardboard and cut it so it just barely fits (maybe even right to size so you kinda have to smush the edges to get it to squeeze in lengthwise), it should work enough. I'm thinking of using the boxes from my stroller and carseat, they're pretty thick.

I'm probably not going to do this till after LO comes tho, when my mom is here. I know I'll probably be exhausted, but she likes to organize and I can just cut em to fit and give her a pile of stuff and she'll put them all away.

If it's successful tho I'll take pics and share. I have some ideas from when I took woodshop about how to fit pieces together so I can quarter a drawer or have odd sized sections

I did this with my makeup drawer and it worked out great!!

I agree with putting mom to work, times a million!
  • klkonwi said:

Ok so I followed @westypet idea for drawer organization. Nothing we bought at dollar general was small enough. I did find these ikea organizers....... Having my sis look for them in KC and bring them when she comes! Prob could order online?
    6 for 9.99

These are what I used!! They're awesome and the size variety gives a home to everything!
  • I've done all the laundry including all my linen, comforters, pillows, all of my son's comforters and basically anything that got in my way that I thought needed washing. I cleaned all the extra dishes we don't really use.

I still need to vacuum, wash/detail my car, have my husband build the crib, clean out my nightstands and re-check my hospital bag. I think I've "re-checked it" about 10 times now since I first got it ready. I'm thinking I should put it in our car and leave it there before I want to re-check it another 20 times. :-<
  • Does it still count as nesting when you've always been an ocd cleaning and organising freak?
  • KreslaKresla member
    @almakie I think so. Nesting is simply the urge to get house and home ready for baby. I'm an OCD cleaner as well and mine is just a wee bit on overdrive :)
  • I'm going to be induced tonight at 8 & it hit me after breakfast. I have a TON of nervous energy, so my house is now cleaner than when we moved in! Now maybe a nap?!
  • Went to Home Depot today and bought all new doorknobs, hinges, cabinet pulls, light switches, and bathroom light fixture for the master. It's been driving me crazy that this is the only room in our house, that we have been in for 3 years now, that still has all the originals of those things. I just can't look at the ugly 80s brass doorknobs and strip lighting anymore! And I just got down and scrubbed my baseboards in there with a toothbrush. I'm 38.5w. So ready for this baby to come!
  • Lightly remodeled our laundry room today. Made DH fill 44 holes in the walls...yes 44! The previous owners must have been nuts!
  • I am overwhelmed by how much large furniture is in our tiny apartment. I've been asking dh to move his dresser from our bedroom into the walk in closet for three weeks, then today I flipped out and just she-hulked it in there myself... Then I decided I was going to put my dresser into the hall closet because it's a big closet, but I knew I was going to have to push it in at an angle and finesse it... He walks out of the bathroom to find me trying to cram it in.... And it's too long to turn in by AN INCH. so, we moved my dresser back into the bedroom and tried to fit his dresser in... It fit! But we couldn't open the freaking drawers, because they're a little too wide... By AN INCH! Sooooooo we pull his dresser back into the hallway and I open a drawer.... It's empty. Penn another drawer...full of books...another drawer has random scraps of paper and crap he's emptied out of his pockets... One drawer had socks and underwear, another had three pairs of pajama pants.... Wth? I check the closet... ALL OF HIS CLOTHES ARE ON HANGARS. So eff that, his dresser is now gone, mine is in the closet and he has a drawer for underpants and a drawer for sweats/pajamas, and I spent an hour sitting through the crap in his three junk drawers. So flipping irritated at him because he was hugely irrational about moving his dresser in the first place, like the three feet between where it was and where I wanted it was really going to change his daily routine so much....

Finally got to the bottom of his disapproval at about midnight... He wanted it where it was because he kept a big fan on top and it was the 'best angle'..... Ummm.... I'm nine months pregnant sweating to death all night and you sleep bundled in a blanket. Screw you, the dresser is gone and the fan can go on my night stand.
  • Remember the virtual nesting I mentioned earlier? Well I finally put it to work late last night, now I just have to put things in the correct place. Thank you pinterest !!

• ^^^^^^ pinterest win!!!!!!!!

• WestypetWestypet member
    edited June 2015
    Repacking my hospital bag, detailing my car, and installing nursery curtains are on my nesting to-do list right now. I want to scrub things with soap, but there's nothing really to clean. This is crazy!
  • KreslaKresla member
    My nesting has diminished some. However, the other night I kept DH awake and we deep cleaned the laundry room and I made him move the stove so I could clean the sides and behind. I was also yelling like a mad women because he is a bit of a slob lol. Now my list contains all stuff he has to do. I only have pictures to hang and basic cleaning to do.
  • I've decided to test fate today! I'm washing my sheets, pillows, mattress protector and comforter and comforter cover in an attempt to date my water to break.
  • lwyzlwyz member
    I'm ironing towels right now. Towels.
  • WestypetWestypet member
    edited June 2015
    Day 7 Post Partum:
    STILL love the scent of Dawn dish soap.
    Used some Dawn to make a homemade ice pack for the swollen chesticles!

• Westypet said:

Day 7 Post Partum:
    STILL love the scent of Dawn dish soap.
    Used some Dawn to make a homemade ice pack for the swollen chesticles!

Oooh. Now that sounds nice. Well played, Westy
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker