July 2015 Moms
Options

anyone else trying to go into labor already?

i am now 37 weeks and 1 day. ive been drinking pineapple juice and squatting, its too hot here in SC to walk anywhere lol im just wondering if anyone else is doing anything to go into labor. my husband is out of town working and he texted me and called me all day yesterday wondering if i was ready to have her yet. i reckon im too excited to meet our little baby girl, and shes just not ready to meet us yet

Re: anyone else trying to go into labor already?

• Options
    Yes! I am absolutely trying everything to being it on naturally since I was induced last pregnancy and that was thee worst 2 days of my life. But worth it if course.
    I'm in NC and I feel your pain with the scorching heat! I've been doing yoga, squats, red raspberry leaf tea, baking, I'd DTD if DH was home, I think most of this stuff is mostly to make labor easier not bring it on. Oh and I ate 2 pineapples in a week. I have not found EPO else I'd try that too and uve been craving spicy yellow curry so that might do something. The only thing I won't try is Castrol oil. Tried all these things then some with DD but nothing worked lol.
  • Options
    MCH77MCH77 member
    Nope. 34w tomorrow... She needs to keep cooking.

BFP #1 March 24, 2010; missed m/c May 26, 2010 @ 12w 4d; D&E May 28, 2010

BFP #2 Oct 20, 2010; My little boy was born on July 5, 2011

BFP #3 April 30, 2013; Chemical Pg May 5, 2013

BFP #4 Aug 22, 2013; It's a boy.  Loss discovered at 24 weeks on Jan 15, 2014 (cause CMV virus)    

<3 We love and miss you Timothy <3

BFP #5 April 6, 2014; missed m/c May 15, 2014 @ 9 weeks; Misoprostol May 15, 2014; D&C May June 3, 2014

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I haven't been trying anything just yet. I'm 37+2. Going to the doctor today for my first weekly appointment to see if I've dilated any. Not rushing her, but here's hoping she's almost ready!
  • Options
    @inkblotanna I'm with you. No Castor oil for me either.
  • Options
    Yes!!! I am 37weeks 2 days and I tried sex, squats, and dancing! Apparently she is just wanting to stay inside longer. Oh yea, I walk my dog at least a mile and a half everyday. My body is used to that though
  • Options

Yes!!! I am 37weeks 2 days and I tried sex, squats, and dancing! Apparently she is just wanting to stay inside longer. Oh yea, I walk my dog at least a mile and a half everyday. My body is used to that though

July 5th baby???
  • Options
    Yes ma'am :) July 5th can not come soon enough!
  • Options
    irsamirsam member
    Went to doctors today 37 weeks and dialated 1cm but central air in my home is messed up and the ac man said 3-5 days for part to come. Not excited at all if baby comes with no ac in this hot weather in Florida
  • Options
    mnj05mnj05 member
    A friend of mine swears by an exercise ball. Between herself and four other women, they all went into labor 1-2 weeks after getting one and bouncing on it every moment they could. Supposedly it also helps relax your hips and gets them ready for delivery. I may get one this weekend, probably more comfortable anyway. I'll be 38 weeks Friday.

imagePhotobucket

TTC #1 since 3/2011
    DX: anovulatory and severe MFI
    DH is a testicular cancer survivor
    IVF#1 w/ICSI lupron, gonal f, ovidrel
    ER 6/15/12 6R 6M 6F! ET 6/20/12
    Beta #1: 154 Beta #2: 509 Beta #3: 7326
    Baby Boy born 3/1/2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2: 6/2014 all testing came back normal

IVF#2 (#1 for LO#2) 9/2014 - 17R 10M 10F 4 blasts frozen on day 6.

FET #1 10/15/14 - Beta #1: 216  Beta #2: 823

Baby Boy born 7/10/2015

• Options
    I am starting acupuncture today which I will do every day/ every other day until my induction date (June 27th). I wouldn't be trying this before 40 weeks except that I have gestational diabetes and my doctor thinks the benefits of him coming early far outweigh the possible issues of waiting. I hate the idea of getting induced with drugs so I am willing to try all my natural options first (also drinking rapberry leaf tea, 2 long walks a day, etc). Crossing my fingers that I will avoid a medically induced labor!
  • Options
    mnj05 said:

A friend of mine swears by an exercise ball. Between herself and four other women, they all went into labor 1-2 weeks after getting one and bouncing on it every moment they could. Supposedly it also helps relax your hips and gets them ready for delivery. I may get one this weekend, probably more comfortable anyway. I'll be 38 weeks Friday.

I have one, sit on it every day bc it helps my hips had it for months now. Still pregnant but my hips don't hurt as bad
    DS #1 Born 01/23/09
    Married 03/18/10
    DS #2 Born 05/19/11
    DS #3 Due 07/26/15

• Options
    One more week till I'm full term.. If she does come out on her own I won't stress it any.. But I can't wish she would arrive just yet. As for doing anything about it, no.. I went that route with my oldest and NOTHING worked. Although I have been craving eggplant parm.. So I may eat that next week, just in the off chance that it does actually work! Lol.

But I have never gone into labor on my own, induced with my oldest at 41.3 and c section with my youngest at 40.1. This baby is scheduled at 39 weeks even. (So watch me actually go into labor lol!)
  • Options
    Um as soon as 37 weeks hits (one more week) I'm literally going to do all I can!
  • Options

Yes ma'am :) July 5th can not come soon enough!

Same here! :D
  • Options
    Nope. I'm tired of being pregnant but I want her to stay in until at least 39-40 weeks. Only way I'll try to encourage active labor is if I go post term and I want to avoid being induced with pitocin.
  • Options
    I'll be 37 weeks in 2 days :) I haven't been doing anything to try and make her come BUT I'm hoping she comes soon haha :D we are just so excited.
  • Options
    I'm not trying to go into labor but I am definitely being active as possible. Indoors though cause it's miserable here in NC. Baby will come whenever she is ready just hoping to not go past my due date since I have GD and don't want her getting too big.
  • Options
    Yes! I'm doing everything in my power. Ugh hurry up baby girl. 37 weeks + 1 day.
  • Options
    37 weeks is not full term.  It is early term.  39-40 weeks is full term.  There are developmental finishing touches that happen in the last few weeks of pregnancy.  You may just want to let your baby come when it is ready. Also, I know dilation is focused on in terms of when you are going to go in to labor but it is important to keep in mind that you could walk around for several weeks 3-4 centimeters dilated and not be in labor.  Every cervix is different. 
    YES! 37 weeks is NOT full term!

https://www.acog.org/About-ACOG/News-Room/News-Releases/2013/Ob-Gyns-Redefine-Meaning-of-Term-Pregnancy
    DS #1 Born 01/23/09
    Married 03/18/10
    DS #2 Born 05/19/11
    DS #3 Due 07/26/15

• Options
    It doesn't matter when full term is, they won't induce medically until 39. So literally it's only if the baby is ready. Me and my sister both came at 36 weeks- over 7.5 lbs and fully developed. As for the question, my doctor told me to go ahead and have more sex and all of that now, I'll be 37 on Friday. And i walk my dog outside in Texas heat for over two miles a day this whole pregnancy and still do; basically he will come when he is ready bc I am one active mama!!! Lol
  • Options
    Don't try to kick your little one out so early! Let it happen naturally. They'll show up when they are all ready and fully developed.
  • Options
    To everyone saying let baby cook, I had that mentality last pregnancy and dd was 2 weeks late and almost 9 pounds. So yeah, I'm 38 weeks and I am gonna go ahead and prep for labor, thanks.
  • Options
    Oh and I had to be induced so if my daughter wanted to come when she was "good and ready" I might have had a 20 pound baby that could have had a bowl movement in utero.