July 2015 Moms
Options

Growth scan...

Hi all,

I had my growth scan yesterday at 36 weeks and my baby measured at 7lbs which is bigger than he should be..

I was just wondering what everyone else's results were?

I'm a little nervous that the baby will be huge by the time my due date comes around!

Re: Growth scan...

• Options
    Didn't and won't have a growth scan but it's all an estimate
    DS #1 Born 01/23/09
    Married 03/18/10
    DS #2 Born 05/19/11
    DS #3 Due 07/26/15

• Options
    I don't know her weight, but at my last appointment, my doctor said she's growing perfectly. Last weight I was given was at like 4.8lbs but that was at least 6 weeks ago.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    i had a scan last week at 32 weeks to check for placenta previa clearance (it did, yay!), and my son is measuring 25th percentile.
    DD1: 3.27.2003
    DD2: 9.7.2008
    DS: 8.4.2015

• Options
    Got my scan done 1 week ago at 34.5 weeks and she was measuring 5.7 lbs. I was worried she was to big at first but figured there is no point in stressing out about it.
  • Options
    Got one done at 34 weeks exactly. She was measuring 34w5d and a little over 5 pounds according to the tech. I haven't gotten any calls from my doctor since which usually means she has no concerns and all is well.
    Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    At 33 weeks baby was at 4.5lbs 
  • Options
    Had one yesterday at 37wk5days and was measuring 8pounds. Doc said he doesn't expect him to be more than 8.5 if he comes around his due date.
  • Options
    I had a growth scan yesterday at 36+4.. Baby estimated at 8lbs 9oz - now that's big! This is Baby number 4 and my heaviest was 9lb 10oz and 9 days late.. The scans aren't too reliable - although I've had regular growth scans and they are definitely following a pattern so I'm inclined to believe my figures..
    They've estimated the birth weight of this little one to be approx 10lbs 4oz at full-term - makes my eyes water at the mere thought but I'll just have to push hard to get to meet our little person.. Cannot wait!
  • Options
    At 33 weeks our baby girl was measuring at 4 lbs 13 oz
  • Options
    I had mine today, I'm 35 weeks and 3 days and baby's head measuring at 39 weeks and weight estimate is at 7lbs 4oz.
    I know they can be off. My other 4 children weighed close to or 8lbs. But I have been saying all along he feels big, I feel full term! So I don't know if this is right or not! And I certainly hope he doesn't take after my dad's dad and weigh 13 pounds at birth..... Lol....scared!!!
  • Options
    areseearesee member
    I had an ultrasound today (35w1d) and he's 5lb 11oz. The doctor said he was "spot on average."
  • Options
    I had one done today at 34/5 days and my baby weights 5lb 10oz. Doctor says he's on the 50 percentile. On the other hand, he asked me if I was in a diet cause I haven't gained any weight since eat May, lol.
  • Options
    At 35 weeks 6 days my daughter measured at 6lbs 7oz. The tech said this is 20% accurate. I'm taking it with a grain of salt.
  • Options
    Just had mine today at 37 weeks. Measuring to be 6lbs. The tech said thats about par for 35 and a few days. No surprise as my first was really little. Everything looks healthy and great. My c-section is just 2 weeks away, so ready to meet this little one!
  • Options
    I had a growth scan at 36 weeks and my princess was measuring at 7pounds 1 ounce. I was sent for a scan as my fundal height was measuring 3.5 weeks larger and the midwife was slightly concerned. Im not huge atm but she definately is going to be a big bubba. At my 29 week 3d ultrasound her feet measured 6.61cms... huge like her mummiez haha
  • Options
    I had a growth scan yesterday due to measuring big (which I didn't know) 
    I am 34+4 and LO is measuring 36+4, Tech said he was about 6.3 pounds, apparently I make big babies.
    I know its only an estimate so I am hoping is isnt really that big already
  • Options
    I've been having weeklies since 31 weeks (I'm 35 now) but they don't always do weight estimates. At 31 weeks they estimated 4lbs 11oz. This week they told me 10lbs 2oz. I call BS. The only measurement they did that indicated that was his abdominal measurement and she was having a hard time getting it because he was moving so much. They're checking again on Monday. I have less than 2 weeks until my scheduled C so I'm not super worried about him being a big boy. I'm just annoyed at how obviously inaccurate that number was.
  • Options
    VTomanVToman member
    I have not had one. Is this something you have to ask for? Or do most doctors do one at a certain time? FTM here, so I have no idea. It's just, sometimes I read posts on these message boards about tests and scans and stuff that my doctor hasn't done.
  • Options
    I had one yesterday at 37+2, baby measured 6lbs 2oz.
  • Options
    They are not very accurate at all. My DD was suppose to be well over 8 pounds and she was 6lb 1oz. My friends baby was estimate over 9lbs, so she was induced 1 week early and he was 5lbs ??oz. She felt so guilty.
    BFP 10/31/12, MC 11/9/12 - We had to say goodbye before we could really say hello. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I have not had one. Is this something you have to ask for? Or do most doctors do one at a certain time? FTM here, so I have no idea. It's just, sometimes I read posts on these message boards about tests and scans and stuff that my doctor hasn't done.

I've never had one, this is my third
    DS #1 Born 01/23/09
    Married 03/18/10
    DS #2 Born 05/19/11
    DS #3 Due 07/26/15

• Options
    A few weeks ago my twins were both measuring above the 50th percentile. That means that they are average. Which I was told many twins don't even make it to the 50th percentile let alone above it at any stage of pregnancy let alone the end. So I'm happy. Just remember it's all an estimate and hopefully baby will be happy and healthy. Everything will be ok and that baby will come out one way or another.
  • Options
    grlplzgrlplz member
    edited June 2015
    I am 37 weeks and had one today. They estimate her being 9lb 1oz. But her brothers were big, I was 10lbs when I was born, my husband was just shy of 10lbs. All the babies in my family are big babies and I've had GD all 3 of my pregnancies so this comes as no surprise. They did warn be that this is an estimate and can be off give or take a pound and a half but when they told me that with my boys they were only off by 2 oz each time.

I only got the scan because I have GD, my history with big babies, and my doctor has been predicting she was measuring big for a long time now.

They also measured everything and not just her belly. I wouldn't take that as a good guess either.

Ultimately it's just a guess so don't stress it too much and don't let them try and worry you into getting induced early. Baby will let you know when it is time. People have big babies everyday. You won't remember how much it hurt and it gives ya some pretty good bragging rights.
  • Options
    I had a scan on Wednesday at 34 weeks 3 days and baby is measuring in at 6lbs. I'm not concerned whatsoever because it's not very accurate and even if it is then that just means baby girl is nice and big
  • Options
    I had one at 32 weeks and he weighed 5.4oz and was in the 86th percentile i am now 35 weeks and going for another growth scan july 1st...cant wait to see what they say then
  • Options
    Our doctor was actually pretty accurate haha he told us before that the weight is just an estimate and he said that our baby was 3 lbs 11 oz. and when our baby arrived she was 3 lbs 9 oz. haha he was surprised that it was pretty accurate haha
  • Options
    36.2 (just the other day) baby was 6lbs 12oz. Dr is predicting just over 8lbs at term.
  • Options
    34 weeks he was 6lbs 10oz. The doc estimates 9.5lbs at term... my son was 9lbs and my daughter was 10.4lbs so that sounds about right.

My fundal height was 38 weeks at the scan.
  • Options
    My last pregnancy I had one done 1 week before DD was born. They said she was 7lbs and would be 7.5 by birth. She ended up being 6lbs 5oz. I don't trust them at all.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had one done at 34 weeks which was two weeks ago he measured 5lbs 4oz so they say if I go full term he'll be 8 or more but we will see. My cousin had one day the day she was induced for medical reasons bc she was extremely high risk and they said her baby was going to be a lil over 6 and he came out at almost 9lbs so they were way off.
  • Options
    At my doctor, the ultrasound tech measures on the screen each body part and that calculates an average for their weight. 12% accuracy my technician has told us. At 31 weeks he measured big at 4.3 lbs so the doctor had me get another one when I was 36 weeks and he was measuring 6.4 lbs which was perfect for the week. I was worried at 31 weeks that he was going to be big. The weight can change + or - 12% of what they tell you, also there are growth spurts. They're estimates.
  • Options
    At 35 weeks he was 7lbs 3 oz. 82nd percentile