Los Angeles Babies

Nanny share - West LA/Santa Monica/Brentwood

Hi ladies!

I'm in the process of trying to find another family to go in on a nanny share agreement to start around February/March 2014.  My friend is looking to start nannying full-time, and would like to work with my little one (due in November) and a little one from another family.  Ideally the other baby will be at least 12 months old by the time February 2014 hits (ideally 18 months+ but we're flexible).  My friend has her degree in early childhood education and is GREAT with kids (she has 2 kiddos of her own in -- now in elementary school).  We both live in West LA, but location can be TBD -- so long as it's in/near West LA/Santa Monica/Brentwood area. 

If you're at all interested in exploring this option further or know of other moms/dads looking, please send me a message. 

Thanks!

Kristen 

Re: Nanny share - West LA/Santa Monica/Brentwood

• Hello!  We are looking for the same situation, same timing.  We are in Santa Monica, north of Wilshire.  Your friend sounds great.

Our little guy will only be 4 months by then (we're due in September)...so that doesn't fit your 12-month desire, but if you and your friend are interested in meeting us anyway, it could work out really well. 

Let me know if you'd like to talk further.  Have a great week. 

Best,

Lo 

• Hi ladies! I'm due in July and will be looking for a nanny share starting in January 2015 when my baby boy is 6 months.  We are in Santa Monica by Berkeley and Santa Monica area.  I'd be interested in talking to either of you about a nanny share situation.  I've looked into daycare, but this seems like a better option.

Thanks!

Stacy
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi.  I'm due in late July...and I too am looking into childcare options from when the baby is 6 months and up (starting sometime in mid-late January 2015).  My husband works in Santa Monica (near cloverfield and olympic) so anywhere near there works.

Please keep in touch about options!
  • I'm moving to the Westside of LA in late September/October 2014 and interested in a part time nanny share for my daughter, born 4/10/14 (she'll be about 6 months old) to start around that time.

I need about 10-20 hours of flexible care while I work part-time from home. Please let me know if you are interested! tksprice@gmail.com

• 2JEL2JEL member
    @tksprice, I replied on your other thread but thought I would add here as it's been a while since you posted.

We are looking for someone 15-20 hours/week to share/split starting Dec/Jan/Feb (I think ideally Jan but any of those would work) for our daughter who will be born around Thanksgiving.  We live around Wilshire and Ocean in Santa Monica.

"And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." 
    2 Corinthians 12:9

• hi 2JEL, we are looking to do a nanny share. we live in santa monica near ocean and california which is very close to you. let me know if you are interested although our son is already 10 months now.
  • @nhz1 We are still looking to set up a nanny share, though I think my husband will have a heart attack if I start paying a nanny before our child is born. :p  Were you thinking of wanting to split a nanny so we each had her part time or have them full time but watch together?  We are pretty flexible as I will be staying home indefinitely.

When were you looking to start?  I'm better about checking email than the bump, so you can either reply here or send me a private message with your email address.

"And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." 

• Hi Stacy,

I'm looking for a full-time (7am-5pm) nanny share in Santa Monica beginning January 5th. I live by 2nd and California. My little girl will be 4 months old.

Are you still looking? If so, I'd love to chat! Here's my e-mail address: ajbirdie80@gmail.com

Thanks!
    Amanda
  • Hello- My husband and I are moving to Santa Monica in January 2015. We are looking for a shared nanny for our 15 month old daughter! We would love any leads or advice in the process of finding a shared nanny! Thanks so much ladies :)
  • @jennifer3986 and @ajbirdie it sounds like you guys be a good match.  I live near Ajbirdie Santa Monica and am interested in shared use of a nanny but was leaning more towards an arrangement where her time was split between our family and another family as we do not need full time care and will have an infant.  If either of you is interested in that, let me know.

• @2JEL - I just saw your post and wondering if you found a nanny share.  We are interested in a nanny share starting February or March. Our baby was born 12/31/14.  Let me know.
  • DeutschALDeutschAL member
    edited February 2015
    It sounds like there are a lot of great leads here. Has anyone found a nanny and looking to share for 4 to 5 hours a day. I am in Santa Monica and looking for a nanny from 10 to 3 starting in the middle of March. If anyone is interested in sharing their nanny I would love to hear from you.

Alyssa Montgomery
    513-807-7690
    Alyssa.Deutsch@gmail.com
  • Hi all! My husband and I will likely be moving to the Santa Monica/Culver City area in late May/early June.  We're relocating from Washington D.C.  Our son will be 13 months old by then.  If anyone is interested in a full-time nanny share around that time, please feel free to get in touch with me! We would prefer a share with a child who is close in age to our little boy but we're not ruling anything out! Also, if you know of good resources for moms in the area, please feel free to share. We are completely overwhelmed!! :-)

S. Janelle
    dpgangels@yahoo.com
  • LilyDG917LilyDG917 member
    edited June 2015
    We'll be looking for a nanny share in Santa Monica in September. Our little girl is One month old now but will be ~4mo around then
  • Hi all! My husband and I are expecting #1 late December 2015. I work near Olympic and Sawtelle and we currently live right across from Cedars (convenient, I know!). I can easily travel anywhere on the westside before and after work. My hours are 9-5 Mon-Fri and I plan to go back to work early April 2016.

We do plan on moving closer or into SM after the baby is born.

If anyone has any interest in pairing up or has any good resources, please email me! mnphilbin@yahoo.com

Thanks!
    Michelle