Multiples
Options

Running?

Are there any runners on this page? I'm not sure if some exercises are different if you're carrying multiples. I wasn't a huge runner beforehand but I occasionally ran, at the most, 5 miles. I forgot to ask my doctor so wanted to check with you all before going straight to the Dr. I'm 8w 4d.

Thanks in advance.
1st child DOB 9/3/02

SO and I met 6/25/06

Married 9/2/12

Due date 1/16/16 with our twins!

Re: Running?

• Options
    I'm a distance runner and planned to continue. But after bleeding and pain following a 9 mile run at 8 weeks (decreased pace) I had to give it up. My drs okayed it at the beginning until that happened!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I was running before I got pregnant and ran a few 5ks in the first trimester....it quickly became too uncomfortable and I didn't push it. I can't wait to get back into running after the babies are born!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Similar to above replies, I ran several times throughout the first trimester but it really became challenging quickly. Walking became easier. :)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    rue:Drue:D member
    My doc said if you did it before pregnancy, you can do it during. Obviously just listen to your body and stop if you're in pain or uncomfortable. :)
  • Options
    I was a distance runner as well. After the IVF transfers which gave us our daughter and the triplets, I didn't dare run. Just didn't want any "if I didn't..." despite what they say about working out and pregnancy. Pregnancy with triplets however is very different.
    March 2011: Off Nuva, cycle back to "normal" for me: No periods since 15 years old. June 2011:Provera&50 mg Clomid; Progesterone:0.7 July 2011:Provera&100mg Clomid; Progesterone:3.29 Met with RE:No Clomid response, begin injectables Sep 5 mg Letrozole and Ovidrel in the interim month. Cut out running (was a distance-runner), cycling, eliptical. Restricted to weight-training, walking, pilates. Brain MRI normal. Being physically over-stressed is the reason the body stopped producing prog. Late Sep 2011: Menopur, Ovidrel,& IUI (10.10.11):BFN-Great injectable response: 2 mature, 6 near mature, many smaller; Problem: 9 cysts! Dr: IUI too uncontrolled for number of viable eggs & age. On to IVF! IVF ER 12.6: 37 mature eggs, 27 fertilized, froze all to avoid overstimulation; FET 1.22 (2 Grade 1)=BFN; FET 2.22 (3 Grade 2)=BFP! Beta 10dp3dt=291; 12dp3dt=644; HB 3.26!! 174 bpm: Vanishing twin almost completely absorbed 10wks Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you all I really appreciate your advice.
    1st child DOB 9/3/02

SO and I met 6/25/06

Married 9/2/12

Due date 1/16/16 with our twins!
  • Options
    I'm an endurance triathlete and always pictured myself as an active pregnant woman. I biked and ran until I had a bleeding scare at 13 weeks after an 8 mile run. After that I was on pelvic rest until 20ish weeks when I went back to swimming, yoga, and walking. It wasn't much but I didn't have a hard time getting back into running 8 weeks after my csection. Dr said the bleeding wasn't caused by my running but encouraged me to stick with light exercise after that.

Finding the energy and time to do it was and still is a whole other thing! I'm just now (twins are 14 months) getting back to what I call real, regular workouts.
  • Options
    MeeeowMeeeow member
    I had to stop early on due to all day vomiting. When that finally passed, running caused contractions. Boo.