April 2014 Moms

Dreading bed time...

For the past month DD has been a terror to put down to bed. Screams as soon as we put her down. Routine is the same.. and she is SO tired...but just not having any luck. Is there a 14 month sleep regression or could this be separation anxiety?? CIO is so hard for DH and I...we last 10 min at most... We are at the point where we put her to bed in our bed and then transfer her to her crib. Not ideal... but mama needs sleep :(
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Dreading bed time...

• Teething? When DD's molars came in she was absolutely awful after months of being the best sleeper ever.

March siggy challenge: Dream job = Playing with wolves

• LO has had a rough time the last couple nights too. I suspect those molars at bugging her. We just out some toys in her crib to entertain her and let her CIO. 20 minutes was the longest she lasted though. Good luck!!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • We've had to shift bedtime to later here--LO just can't seem to settle when it's still bright out, even though we have miniblinds and blackout curtains. He used to always be asleep by 7:30. Now it's 8:30. But once he is out, he's staying out until about 6, so the later time is a trade off I'm willing to work with. Hope things get better for you soon!
  • We've got molars coming in here and it's not fun. There have been a couple of nights that LO hasn't gone down easily and we've done Tylenol after fighting him for half an hour. Then we just started doing Tylenol at bathtime when we thought he was teething. I think I'm going to buy some stock in Tylenol ;)
  • Yeah, I hate preemptively dosing her with Tylenol, but it makes thing so much more painless in the end!

March siggy challenge: Dream job = Playing with wolves

• Because we have 4(!) molars coming in right now, we just give Motrin at bathtime bc we know she needs it. My husband is a PA and says it's fine, but I worry when we give it to her for several nights in a row. That's what it's made for though right??

She's also been harder to put down. I have found that if I hold her arms a little to keep her from moving so much she settles pretty quickly. Hopefully this will be over soon!
    Good luck!
  • We were having this issue about a month ago and definitely some of it had to due with teething and the Motrin helped, but we also transitioned him to one nap a day at 1pm and not letting him sleep past 4, instead of the 10 and 2 nap and it's made a HUGE difference. I was about to lose it before with the sleep fighting, not wanting to be in his
    crib and multiple night wake ups. Now he sleeps through the night most nights from 8-7. I think the two naps were taking away from his nighttime sleep. Just a thought.
  • smushismushi member
    We're working on molars and bed time has moved a few hours later than usual the last few weeks.  I'm going with teething.  No fun...