July 2015 Moms

heartburn killing me

Ladies I'm fedup with this and nothing working here like zantac ,tums etc etc .Whole night awake struggling to sleep but no joy .any suggestions or tips ?

Re: heartburn killing me

• crf4crf4 member
    Do you have a recliner? Sleep in that or if you don't you'll have to create a pillow mountain in your bed lol, an incline should help along with the medication. Good luck, it's the home stretch!
  • The only thing that has worked for me has been Prilosec and also Pepcid complete when it's really bad. I've also cut out spicy foods and orange juice/lemonade. Make sure to talk to your doctor before you take either of those. I take 1 Prilosec a day and I haven't had any heartburn, it is so freeing not having to deal with it. Good luck! I had the worst heartburn throughout pregnancy, I got heartburn when I drank water! I wish I had started taking it earlier and didn't "tough through it" hope this helps :)
  • Loading the player...
  • MaracsMaracs member
    If your looking for something more natural I drink a big glass of milk when it gets really bad and it tides me over.
  • I agree with everything everyone else said but also make sure you sit upright for at least an hour after eating or drinking anything. I find that if I don't it really starts up fast and lasts forever.
  • CkorinesCkorines member
    edited June 2015
    I spent the weekend at the lakehouse and cried in the middle of the night because I didn't have my pillow mountain. Sitting up is key. And tums. Pillows and tum has summed up the last few weeks of my pregnancy.
  • I finally found that Mylanta works wonders!!
  • Good ideas. I have awful heartburn too! This kid better have a ton of hair if that wives tale is true!
  • My daughter came out with a wig on. Tons of hair
  • Pickle juice is a great heartburn cure! I have to drink that and milk throughout the day to help with mine. Also put a tablespoon or baking soda in a glass of water and drink it. It works wonders to neutralize the burn.
  • Thank you ladies ,gonna try these today