Two Under 2

Need help picking a double stroller

I didn't want to spend money on a double stroller as my son, now 26 months old hardly sits still to sit in our stroller. Now baby #2 (also a boy) just arrived and I realize I don't have the courage to venture out of the house without some way to contain my 2 year old (he also decided he wanted to ride in our stroller when we took new baby to the store. I have a chicco key fit 30 and don't want to spend a ton of money on a stroller. I was looking at the baby trend sit and stands and think that might be a practical and affordable option. Can anyone confirm chicco is compatible with baby trend? Can anyone provide feedback on a double stroller?

Re: Need help picking a double stroller

• I have a 4 month old and a 17 month old and we use a baby trend- Sit and Stand. I think it is compatible with most carseats. We use an evenflow careseat with it and it works fine! It is kind of annoying to push though because it is so heavy!

This is the exact one we bought.

• Loading the player...
  • Honestly I hate double strollers. I have two and never use them. I wear the youngest and let the big girls walk leaving only DD#3 to need a stroller or cart.
    Me - J.R. - 05/1986
    DH - J.I. - 08/1986
    Married - 09/22/2006
    DD#1 - A.E. - 12/15/2009
    DD#2 - N.R. - 11/07/2011
    DD#3 - S.R. - 05/20/2013
      DS - R.E. - 10/03/2014

Absolutely in love with our 'big' family!

I'm also a proud Auntie to a crazy little girl, her brand new baby sister, a little man on his way in the next month, and a sweet little mister we will miss forever!!!
  • I had a double jogger and I used it only for walks around my neighborhood.  It was too heavy and cumbersome to take places.  When DS was little I wore him and put DD in the stroller.  

I also have a sit and stand (Joovy) that I still use (DD is 3.5 and DS is 2).  It's especially helpful going to the mall or the museum or some place like that.  I like being able to strap them both in when I need to but get out easily.  I never used it with a car seat so I'm not sure how it works.  
  • I love my Joovy Caboose Ultralight. It is a great sit and stand, and you can normally find them used fairly easily. (Mine was a hand me down, and my sister is looking at them on her craigslist all the time.) It has a universal car seat adapter/decent seat for the younger kid. My 27 month old daughter loves the freedom of standing, but there is a small platform I can buckle her to when I want her 100% contained.
    Mommy to N (3), J (2), and C (10 months). LO4 is due in mid-September.
  • I have a Baby Jogger Versa with the Uppababy rumble seat (it works with that stroller) and I love it because it can be a single or double when I need it.  
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • I  love my Britax B-Agile double. Works great for zoos, mall, hiking trails. I also have a Baby Trend Sit N Stand that works great for just being outside at our house. We live on a farm, so grass and gravel terrain. The sit n stand is nice because DS1 likes to get off and look at stuff around home. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• really like our city select. my older guy was walking a lot until the baby came along, and then he always wanted to sit in the stroller like his brother.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Here is a great review of various double strollers, based on your needs and price range:

https://www.lucieslist.com/gear-guides/best-double-stroller/

We just ordered the Baby Trend sit-n-stand because it has the option of carseat + upright, or upright + standing (for when the 2u2 get a little older)

**siggy warning**

Current Age 35, DH 33

Married 9/2011

BFP 8/2012, Miscarried 9/2012

BFP 9/2012, DS 6/2013

BFP 6/2014, Miscarried 7/2014

BFP 7/2014, DD 4/2015

• I also have a Baby Trend Sit N Stand. My boys are 2 and 9 months. I also get a lot of use out of it for walks at playgrounds where my 2 year old likes to get off and on.

• Ditto to the above - Craigslist/yard sale!! We have two - one I bought brand new (Graco Quattro Tour - double) and one from Craigslist (Baby Trend Navigator). I can honestly vouch for both for of them, but for different reasons. The front to back seater (Graco) is great for navigating stores, malls and fitting in my SUV. The side to side jogger (Baby Trend) is great for all terrain, smooth steering and riding, and the kids to interact with each other. It all really depends on your preferences.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Does anyone have the joovy Too Qool? 

image  image
    Baby Muffy Due July.8.2015!

• We love our city select. Sometimes we use both seats, sometimes we only use one. When we are hoping for a nap out of our toddler we face her to us, when she wants to look around, we face her out. Most often her seat is holding our jackets, she is "helping" by pulling the stroller and baby is giggling away in his seat.

We also babywear quite a bit and chase the toddler, but if we are out for the day the will tire and we need an option for her to ride.
    PgAL (MC@7w 29/10/11 - lost you before we knew we had you)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • City select user here. It can be a single or double. The seats can be front or rear facing. There's a stand up add on. It's very versatile. It's a little heavy but they all are.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Franco Paul born 6/4/15 at 39 weeks.  Mila Francesca born 10/19/13 at 37 weeks.  Both born via C-Section after 6 years of fertility treatments, disappointments and losses. Love them!!

• britini90britini90 member
    edited May 2015
    For my twins we also have the chicco key fit 30 carseats so we got the chicco cortana together double stroller. The car seats just clicks right in super easy. Its a little expensive but its a great stroller. Fits in my little crossover. Easy to fold up or down, light and it has lots of storage space and the back can recline for your oldest to relax. We love it.
  • NhbabyNhbaby member
    Whoops, I just posted a new discussion about this very topic… I bought the city select double front and back and was concerned with how heavy and cumbersome it appears to be. My three week old in his car seat and my 21-month-old in the front seat was hard to maneuver. I also babywear a lot so I think I'll use the stroller as a single sometimes as well. I'm thankful to hear some of you like the Cuty Select.. I was tempted to box it up and go back to the drawing board on finding a lighter version...
  • NhbabyNhbaby member
    Oops. Duh: CITY not Cuty