December 2014 Moms
Options

Skin issues

jbird1222jbird1222 member
edited June 2015 in December 2014 Moms
Does your LO have any skin issues? I feel like the past month and a half my babe has started having skin issues. The rash on his cheeks from eating oatmeal has never really completely cleared up. He woke up with a red chin this morning. He has a small eczema patch on his leg. And the pedi nurse seems to think it's no big deal. -_-

I'm assuming most of our problems

I'm assuming our skin problems come from starting solids, but is this common? Or is my LO more sensitive?

Edit because I used the word "issue" too many times and it annoyed me, then phone deleted half of my post so had to retype. Ughhh

Re: Skin issues

• Options
    And here's a pic because even with bad skin he is beautiful;)

• Options
    Yes. My DS has had an eczema patch on his cheek since he was a newborn. I put aquaphor on it and it'll clear up, only to return a few days later. And he has yet to outgrow cradle cap, and he's 27 weeks. I would attribute his to starting solids, but he's had problems since way before solids. 
    We're going to have a discussion with his pedi at his 6 month checkup on Friday.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My LO will get a rash on his chin occasionally, I attribute it to teething and drool. I put aquaphor on it and it clears right up. He also has eczema on his cheeks and sides of his forehead. He has very sensitive skin. Like his pee will make him break out around his wee wee if I don't stay on top of things. I had eczema until I hit puberty and have sensitive skin so assuming I past it on to him.

When I went to his 4 month check up his doctor prescribed an ointment with a steroid in it for when he gets a really bad rash or his eczema gets crazy. He also recommended Aquaphor for everyday use.
  • Options
    We've never had family history of eczema and he's never had any skin issues anywhere else. No kind of diaper rash or anything so no sensitive skin. But here we are with a rash-y face. Breaks my heart. Doesn't bother him a bit though
  • Options
    My little one seems to get skin issues constantly...we were finally told he does have some mild eczema. We keep those dry patches moisturized and it seems to keep it under control however I've found when he gets more splotchy under his chin from moisture due to teething, drool, or baby food if we put some desitin on it before he goes to bed it's almost always gone by morning.