Babies: 3 - 6 Months

What to wear to sleep??

weve recently been using Meelin's Magic Suit for sleeping at night...amazing product! However last night LO started rolling over in the suit so at 1am I had to take him out. I put him in a sleep bag but he was all over his crib for the rest of the night. So much so, that my husband didn't sleep much to be able to check on him (letting me catch a few Zzz's...nice guy!) I was just wondering you all are having you LO's sleep in once they start rolling over to belly? We just turned 5 months, we weren't ready for this just yet haha! Thought we would have another month or so until he figured out how to do it with the suit.

Re: What to wear to sleep??

• Depends on the temp in the room for me. Once DD wasn't swaddled anymore, I had her in a sleep sack but now that it's warm at night she just sleeps in a onesie.
  • My DD sleeps in sleepers that zip up. We keep the house cold.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Proud Mom to Kaleigh (14yr) Emma (12yr) and Hanna (7yr)

photo 65b2d6f3-b1dd-4a2a-944b-fcb0ed878723_zpsc89c0b93.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • We've been doing a wearable blanket by halo that is sleeveless but now I have to get him to sleep or else he just rolls around in the crib forever. Whereas when he was in the suit he would fuss for a few then just doze off to dreamland. Last night I had to rock him and stay with him until he went to sleep, it was like each of his limbs had minds of their own and could not be controlled. He got more sleep last night than the night before so I guess we are headed in the right direction. I'm sure the rolling is normal but do you just let them exhaust themselves or do you help them to sleep?
  • I meant footed sleepers when I said the ones that zip up. We hate the button ones. I didn't really clarify in my post.

For bedtime my daughter always goes down around 7pm. We do a bath then bottle and she is out. Earlier on we were able to just lay her down and she would put herself to sleep. But now it takes a bottle and sometimes a little bit of rocking.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Proud Mom to Kaleigh (14yr) Emma (12yr) and Hanna (7yr)

photo 65b2d6f3-b1dd-4a2a-944b-fcb0ed878723_zpsc89c0b93.jpg
  • My son is also 5 mo old and we use Merlins suit EVERY night, but not nap times.  I love that thing so much, he practically sleeps through the night 11 hrs with it.  Recently, he started rolling to belly at nap time and cries for a bit and falls asleep on his belly, but yes he is all over the crib.

I am not looking forward to him rolling in the suit, I am also not ready for that!  For naps, he wears a sleeveless zip up blanket and I'll probably do the same for night time or the footed pjs, we'll see what works better.

BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We've been using the sleeveless blanket thing for the last couple of nights and since being out of the suit (did I mention it is an amazing product and that I miss it terribly?!?!) and we've been having more wake ups than before but he's still sleeping for the majority of the night and seems to be enjoying the freedom. I've had to bring out the "mommy bear", the thing that makes the womb sounds again and I'm helping him to sleep more but overall it's not that bad. I'm not a huge fan of the blanket just yet, maybe we'll try footed pjs and see.
  • Huge fan of the Zipadee Zips here. Our twins sleep like rocks in them and holy cow do they move around in their cribs. Every time I check on them they are in a different spot.

For some reason their room has been the coldest this summer, so they wear fleece pajamas underneath the jersey Zippy.
  • melissa11015 , how is your little one doing out of Merlin's suit now?  We are on our 5th night without and my LO is not doing well at all.  this is going to be a looooong transition.  We have caved in and put him back in it 3 of the nights because he whines for so long (we've let it go to an hour sometimes).  I feel like we have taken away his "lovie" and he isn't tolerating it well at all.  We've tried the sleep sack and footed PJs.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Getting him to sleep, in a word, sucks. But once he is asleep he's asleep and will sleep through the night. When he was in the suit it would take about 10-15 min for him to relax and fall asleep now we are up around 30-45 min. He loves it because he can go wherever he wants around his crib but gets mad when he gets stuck in th corner of the crib. His newest thing is he's fine until I leave the room then cries/whines. And when my husband goes in, he cries louder. It seems that I am the only one who can put him to bed. I keep telling my husband that he needs to go in because he needs to get used to him but he gets frustrated and says that it's hard to not be able to calm and comfort him. We've been out of the suit and in a sleep bag or footed pjs for about a month or so now and it's hasn't gotten any better getting him to sleep.
  • That doesn't sound promising at all:(. I hope our babies get use to this soon! I got a generic zipadee off etsy and he is in it the 2nd night. He did well falling asleep so far but wakes so I go nurse him and he goes back to sleep. We were doing so well without nighttime feedings and now they're back (hopefully temporarily)!
    BabyFetus Ticker