September 2015 Moms

How would you spell this name?

emmamohn21emmamohn21 member
edited June 2015 in September 2015 Moms
I'm kind of obsessing over the name Lily and all of its long form varients. They just sound so pretty and classy! Anyways there's about a million and half different ways to spell my particular favorite, and I'm not sure which looks best. Thanks in advance!

How would you spell this name? 78 votes

Liliana
43% 34 votes
Lilliana
34% 27 votes
Lilianna
14% 11 votes
Lillianna
7% 6 votes

Re: How would you spell this name?

• Beautiful! I want to pronounce the first two like Lilli-Ona, and the second two Lilli-Anna. Which is correct?
  • I read them as being pronounced Lilli-Ahna, but I actually don't mind it being pronounced either way. Also should mention the middle name is going to be Marie, if that makes a difference in spelling and pronunciation :)
  • Loading the player...
  • I like the spelling Lillianna (pronounced -ona)! Goes beautiful with Marie. Great choice there, mama!
  • WDDCHWDDCH member
    If you want the ah-nuh sound then it needs to end in -ana and NOT -anna. I voted for Liliana. Shorter and easier for a child to learn to spell.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • WDDCH said:

If you want the ah-nuh sound then it needs to end in -ana and NOT -anna. I voted for Liliana. Shorter and easier for a child to learn to spell.

I agree. I change my vote!
  • I also voted for the shortest one and read it -ahna and second two as -ANNa.
  • I know it isn't a choice, but I know a little gorl named Lilyona & I loved the spelling!
  • My niece's is spelled, Lily-Anna.
  • I'm also stuck on this name! I've picked it since the beginning & I was open to hearing my boyfriends suggestions but I was just never shaken from it, haha.

So I'm picking Lillian. But the majority of my family is Hispanic so they would be calling her Lilliana, so that's my vote but it sounds so pretty
  • Agree with PP's that Ana clues you in more towards the ahna pronunciation than anna