Babies: 3 - 6 Months

4 month sleep regression!!

oh how this sucks!!! Yesterday he was up at 3:30 and today at 4am. I guess it's better than being up all night but man I need that extra hour!! I have to be up at 5 so this is killing me!

Re: 4 month sleep regression!!

• Welcome to the wonderful world of a 4 month old baby! Sucks huh?!
  • My son is doing the same thing. He has always slept through the night, so this new for us and the past week has not been fun. I have to be up at 5am too and with a 4 year old and a 4 month old it's impossible for me to get to bed before 11:30.
  • Loading the player...
  • My son is doing the same thing. He has always slept through the night, so this new for us and the past week has not been fun. I have to be up at 5am too and with a 4 year old and a 4 month old it's impossible for me to get to bed before 11:30.
    My DD started STTN at 4 weeks old and then she hit 4 months and that went out the window. She is now 8 months and still gets up once to eat. It sucks.
  • 11:30? I can't stay awake past 8:30/9 most nights. I'm still getting up once a night to pump. He was sleeping from 7-6 but jot the last 2 mornings. He's still going to bed at the same time and sleeping through for the most part but up for his day at 3:30/4am and there's no convincing him to go back to sleep. And were thinking of doing is this again??? There must be something wrong with us! Ha ha ha ha!
  • I am in the same boat, my little one was sleeping through and until about 2/3 weeks ago she has decided to wake up at 11, 1, 3 and 4:30 these are just quick wake up calls (she doesnt want a bottle or anything) just a quick re-position and a pacifier put back in her mouth and she is back to sleep. 

any ideas why this happens around 4 months?
  • My LO is doing the same thing! She's 6 mo, adjusted 4mo (9 wks preemie) and was going to sleep at about 8:30 and sleeping until 5. Now I'm lucky to get her to bed before 11:00 and she gets up at 6 am. Idk why she decided to switch. I'm lucky that she sleeps for 7 hrs straight but she fights sleep for over an hour every night
  • bunnyabunnya member
    edited June 2015

I am in the same boat, my little one was sleeping through and until about 2/3 weeks ago she has decided to wake up at 11, 1, 3 and 4:30 these are just quick wake up calls (she doesnt want a bottle or anything) just a quick re-position and a pacifier put back in her mouth and she is back to sleep. 

any ideas why this happens around 4 months?
    I think it has something to do with their brain development and a change in REM sleep (more light sleeping). Also an increase in awareness and a baby's curiosity to look around can keep them up:(
    Me 26 DH 31. Off oral contraception since 1/2012. Actively TTC # 1 since 4/2012. CD3 bloodwork, hsg normal 6/2013. SA performed 7/2013 - low count, low motility. First RE appointment 9/4/2013. Were told SA not good enough for IUI. Repeat SA and additional bloodwork ordered. RE suggests DH see a urologist. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3e32d9/thumb.png