Multiples

Double yolk eggs...a good sign?!

Snowy5Snowy5 member
edited June 2015 in Multiples
Yesterday, after waking from a dream that one of the twins had vanished at my next ultrasound, I cooked breakfast for the family and cracked not one but two double yolked eggs!

This morning, cooking breakfast again and I cracked two more double yolkers!

Is this a freaky coincidence?
I also cracked some single yolked eggs too.

I have never in my life seen a double yolker so I'm going to take it as a positive sign my two little peanuts are still going strong

Re: Double yolk eggs...a good sign?!

• rue:Drue:D member
    I've seen a few but never that many one right after another!
  • I had a double yolk in my 2ww- I'm a believer that it's a sign :)

***SIGGY WARNING***

Our Story

Me- 35, mild hypothyroidism

DH- 29, low count due to a chromosomal abnormality, only option is IVF/ICSI with PGD.

Married 5/13

TTC since 8/13

IVF/ICSI #1 ER 9/14 - 14R, 6M, 6F, 5 blasts off to PGD- 1 normal female, 2 balanced males

FET 12/8 of 2 frosties - 1 male/1 female - stick babies stick! 

Beta #1 10dp5dt 444! Beta #2 14dp5dt 2,340!  U/S 1/5-- TWINS!!!  EDD 8/26/15

"You'll never see the rainbow if you can't survive the storm"

image    image

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Snowy5Snowy5 member
    @katers79 that is so cool. I'm a believer that it is a sign. I had a dream it was twins before I had my ultrasound and found out. The sonographer told me that a lot of mothers have signs or intuition that they are carrying multiples.

Ps, I cracked another double yolk this morning. There are three eggs left in the carton. So far 5 out of 9 have been doubles!
  • Right after I found out I was having twins, my mom had lots of double yolkers! I take it as a fabulous sign :)
    DH & I married 12/17/2012
    Me (31)-dx w/PCOS 2007, when married to ex-husband after MC
    DH (41)-no MFI
    07/2014-Femara 5mg + trigger + IUI= chem preg ;(
    08/2014-Femara 5mg + trigger + IUI + 2nd trigger= BFN
    09/2014-Clomid 100mg + trigger + IUI + 2nd trigger= BFN
    10/2014-benched due to RE out of town, tying naturally!
    11/2014-benched due to cyst
    12/2014-Femara 5mg + stair step with additional 5 days Femara 5mg + trigger + IUI=BFN
    01/2015-Femara 5mg + Gonal F 25 units + trigger (plus additional Gonal F 100 units on trigger night) + IUI= BFP!!! Twins due 10/2015
    09/28/2015- Surprise!  Conrad and Hudson born at 35w6d!  
  • Snowy5Snowy5 member
    Just an update..... 7/12 were double yolkers. I just bought another carton, different brand and you wouldn't believe it.......another double yolk!!!
    Freaking out but happy to say the babies looked great on u/s the other day so I say it's a fabulous sign too :)