February 2016 Moms
Options

Anyone you are anxious to tell about the pregnancy?

For me it's my dad and my daughters father (ex husband).

My dad is VERY old school and the first thing out of his mouth will be.... "When are you and BF getting married?" Well, not today! But I'm not just going to plan on having kids with any ol person Dad!

My ex because we were together since 9th grade (I'm 30) and keep close contact because of our daughter. We coparent very well together although I am the primary parent. He's a great dad and a great friend, and there are absolutely NO feelings left from that relationship but I cannot help but wonder what's going to go on in his head when I tell him.

BF and I have been together over 2 years and I've been divorced for almost 2.5. I want a couple more children (hopefully!!!) and that just wasn't in the cards with my ex.

Blah! First world problems.

Re: Anyone you are anxious to tell about the pregnancy?

• Options
    I always am, because announcing a pregnancy is like saying "hey, we've been having sex." And that's a weird thing to tell your parents/family/coworkers. Friends, not so much.

Honestly, I don't think we're going to do any kind of big announcement this time. People will know when they know and that's good enough for me.

But, I can totally understand why you'd be nervous in your situation!

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• Options
    LMMamaLMMama member

My dad is VERY old school and the first thing out of his mouth will be.... "When are you and BF getting married?" Well, not today! But I'm not just going to plan on having kids with any ol person Dad!

My ex because we were together since 9th grade (I'm 30) and keep close contact because of our daughter. We coparent very well together although I am the primary parent. He's a great dad and a great friend, and there are absolutely NO feelings left from that relationship but I cannot help but wonder what's going to go on in his head when I tell him.

BF and I have been together over 2 years and I've been divorced for almost 2.5. I want a couple more children (hopefully!!!) and that just wasn't in the cards with my ex.

This basically applies to me word for word!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    LMMama said:

This basically applies to me word for word!
    Thank god I'm not the only one on this board. I have to tell my ex RIGHT after I tell my daughter because she's five and lord knows she's not gonna keep a secret like that from him! Hahaha
  • Options
    My MIL, she's great, she just wasn't very excited the last time.
  • Options
    My cousin. She got married in 2011 a year before I did and they started trying to have kids right away and so far have not had any luck. This will be #2 for us and Im worried about upsetting her.
  • Options
    My cousin. She got married in 2011 a year before I did and they started trying to have kids right away and so far have not had any luck. This will be #2 for us and Im worried about upsetting her.
    Similar boat I'm in - I have someone who is at the beginning of meeting with an RE, they were married several years before me, I don't know exactly when they started trying - but def well over a year (compared to my 8 months or so)... 

Mostly I'm just anxious that once I tell my family despite asking them not to share the news widely, it'll be on FB from them LONG before DH and I are ready for it to be...
    28yo, TTC#2 since 6/2014
    Kiddo #1 = 10 cycles of trying, 1 CP and is now a toddler
    TTC#2 since 2/2017

• Options
    I come from a family that believes 2 is enough, 3 is too many. When I announced my 3rd I actually had a few say "I thought you had that taken care of after your 2nd". Announcing a 4th child when DS3 is only 9 months old will not be pleasant.
    Last time, we actually did not tell much family. We just let them figure it out. My friends will be excited but my family is super dysfunctional. I also happen to be the only one who is married and having kids so there is no one to share the attention with.

I had to decide that it's "my family, my business". They would be horrified to know that we are considering adopting in the future. I have a great husband, we have great jobs and our kids are thriving.
  • Options
    My mom. We have barely talked in almost 2 years and when I messaged her to tell her about the MC she responded with "I'm sorry." (Her and my sister have been through a few MC each so it wasn't a new topic for her and she didn't know what to say). I'm not sure how to tell her but I know I need to when we tell my dad and Hubby's family since she will b***h about not hearing it first. It gives me super anxiety and the doctor told me to stay away from stress. 
    BabyFetus Ticker

F16 Sep Siggy Challange - Fav Thing About Fall (even though "fall" won't be here until at least Dec)
    Green Bay animated GIF
  • Options
    I've gone back and forth about whether to post this, but maybe my experience will speak to others so here goes: my mom and my sister.

I'm very close to my dad but am estranged from my mom and have been since I was 10 when CPS removed me from her house (drugs and neglect) and my mom told me she didn't want to be a mom anymore. I moved in with my dad and my mom continued to go down a very bad path. My dad (a former marine), got me on track and I'm very thankful for that. Well, my sister is 9 years older and was away in Europe studying abroad while all of this was happening, and a few years ago she decided she wanted to help my mom so she asked my mom to move in with her. My mom is now an alcoholic (she switched meth for booze after some time in prison), and my sister is an enabler. I received a lot of pressure from them to invite my mom to my wedding and both my sister and mom ruined a lot of the day. It was humiliating.

My sis and I have never been close but she went through premature ovarian failure at 25. It was a long road and she ended up adopting, but she is open about being angry at people who are able to get pregnant. There is so much more to the story but unfortunately, with my dad living close by now, (he maintains a relationship with both my mom and sister... We are seriously fucked up), I will need to tell them either in person or in email. I'm hesitant for so many reasons- I don't want to bring up old crap for anyone, and I hate the entitlement I can already see my mom having "this is MY grandchild", etc.

Honestly I will probably wait until I can't wait anymore. Sorry so long!!!
    me: 29 DH: 30
    Married 3.6.15
    EDD of Baby S 2.5.16

LFAF-July Siggy
  • Options
    I'm nervous about telling my family. My sister is older than me and i think there will be judgment of me starting a family before her. She was very judgmental when my brother and his wife had all 3 of their kids. She was very judgemental when my dh and i got a 2nd dog saying it's a big responsibility and questioning if we were ready! And she was judgmental when i got engaged shortly after her so it should be interesting.

Also - my sister in law has always wanted a family and has been trying for years with lots of health issues. We are very close and i know she'll be so so truly excited and happy for us but i know she'll be a little jealous deep down.

We told my mil&fil last weekend. . . My fil commented on the fact that my "bra size" will increase as well and mil commented on how jealous my sister in law would be. Not exactly the reaction i wanted! But they were and are very excited and supportive.

My mother and i don't have a good relationship. She's in her own world now and not very involved with mine. She used to be a nurse and actually used to work in the maternity ward at the hospital i plan to deliver at and she knows about the obgyn office I'm going to so i really want her to be by my side throughout this but she's not reliable and I'm not sure if she's emotionally stable enough to be the support system that i need right now.
  • Options

Same here! I already told them but I was really nervous to because they were not thrilled last time... And like I suspected they weren't too thrilled this time either.

BabyFetus TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    MrsJG3MrsJG3 member
    @mrs3615 my heart goes out to you and you situation with your family.

I am not going to be announcing really at all. I really don't want to tell my parents. They decided once I had kids to become completely dysfunctional. Everything is about them all.the.time. It is exhausting.

Also I have a friend who just had her fourth boy and strangers come up to her and make the rudest comments. Makes me anxious just thinking about it.
    DD: 8  DD: 3.5  DS:18M
    Baby #4 Due: 2/4/2016
    Feb16 August Siggy Challenge
    Favorite TV Mom

• Options
    I'm lucky in that we don't have any family that we are worried about telling, but I'm anxious about notifying my boss.

Basically, my boss quit about 3 weeks ago. No one has bothered to inform me of who I report to now, but I logged in to our HR system and it says I now report to his boss. This guy is 5 levels higher than me, one of the company bigwigs and not based in our office (or even our city). I have no idea how to go about telling him as we've only spoken maybe twice in the 2.5 yrs I've worked at the company and its not like I can just pop in to talk to him.

I'm either going to have to schedule a conference call or send him an email and both seem totally bizarre.
    Me 37, DH 37
    Married since 4/2004
    DS born 1/20/16, Graeme
  • Options
    The only person I'm nervous about telling is my sister in law because she's easily upsettable (is that a word?) and they have been trying for a year and a half I think..
    Benjamin born on - 4/5/12
    BFP 12/31/14, EDD 9/08/14 ~ Natural M/C 2/21/14 at 11.5 weeks
    BFP 5/24/15 - EDD 2/4/16

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    My grandmother.. She's not one of those warm and fuzzy grandmas and I just feel like every time I have big news she can't just be happy, she always has to play the realist. I don't know what she'll say but I know it won't be all rainbows and butterflies lol
    Married: 8/25/12
    Started TTC: 1/1/14
    BFP: 6/1/15
    Baby Girl Athena Born: 2/7/16

• Options
    mrs3615 said:

I've gone back and forth about whether to post this, but maybe my experience will speak to others so here goes: my mom and my sister.

I'm very close to my dad but am estranged from my mom and have been since I was 10 when CPS removed me from her house (drugs and neglect) and my mom told me she didn't want to be a mom anymore. I moved in with my dad and my mom continued to go down a very bad path. My dad (a former marine), got me on track and I'm very thankful for that. Well, my sister is 9 years older and was away in Europe studying abroad while all of this was happening, and a few years ago she decided she wanted to help my mom so she asked my mom to move in with her. My mom is now an alcoholic (she switched meth for booze after some time in prison), and my sister is an enabler. I received a lot of pressure from them to invite my mom to my wedding and both my sister and mom ruined a lot of the day. It was humiliating.

My sis and I have never been close but she went through premature ovarian failure at 25. It was a long road and she ended up adopting, but she is open about being angry at people who are able to get pregnant. There is so much more to the story but unfortunately, with my dad living close by now, (he maintains a relationship with both my mom and sister... We are seriously fucked up), I will need to tell them either in person or in email. I'm hesitant for so many reasons- I don't want to bring up old crap for anyone, and I hate the entitlement I can already see my mom having "this is MY grandchild", etc.

Honestly I will probably wait until I can't wait anymore. Sorry so long!!!

FX for you sweet girl! We all have a story and a past - my former MIL was not allowed in the room when I gave birth because she felt entitled and I really thought she would grab the baby from my midwives hands! Some people.

Babies/pregnancies should bring happiness and not stir up old family issues but believe me - this is the real world, and we all know some people cannot let the past be the past.
  • Options
    my former MIL was not allowed in the room when I gave birth because she felt entitled and I really thought she would grab the baby from my midwives hands! 
    Sounds like my own MIL. I wasn't letting my own mother in the room, so I sure as hell wasn't letting MIL in. This time, we're just going to wait to tell them that LO has come until after it happened. ILs showed up like the second I got my catheter out and I looked like shit. And we had people showing up unannounced until after 10 pm. Not going to happen this time.

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• Options

Same here! I already told them but I was really nervous to because they were not thrilled last time... And like I suspected they weren't too thrilled this time either.

That's not so comforting sorry they weren't super excited! Oh well for her I guess.
  • Options

That's not so comforting sorry they weren't super excited! Oh well for her I guess.
    It's so weird because they were the least excited when I was pregnant but now they are the most obsessed with the twins. Like they wanna come over every day to see them. I figured they'd be a little more excited we were adding another baby to the family! I'm sure they'll be excited once the baby is actually here.

BabyFetus TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker