TTC After a Loss
Options

TTC AFTER LOSS

I had a mc at 19 weeks. I never thought I could be so depressed in my life. But I had to bounce back because I have a 3yr old already. OB told us we could try whenever we were ready & finally I am. AF showed up 35 days after Aiyden's arrival. I have decided to start charting. I have been taking my prenatals as well as taking extra folic acid. I will be adding soy ISO on cd 3-7 to mature my eggs. I know it sounds crazy but we are TTC twins. Lol. I'm currently waiting for AF to approach soon. If any members have any suggestions please feel free to send them my way. Baby dust to every one!

Re: TTC AFTER LOSS

• Options
    Sorry for your loss, but welcome to the group. No advice though... I know nothing about TTC twins lol.
    Kristie
    Mom to 2 earth angels (2006,2010) and 2 angels in heaven (2009- 20w 5d; cause unknown, 2015- 7w4d; trisomy 22).
    imageimage

• Options
    So sorry for your loss, I too haven't got any tips or advice for trying for twins but I wish you all the best and hope it happens for you :) I have recently had a mc 3 weeks ago and we are already ttc but haven't been temping or testing when ovulating. Sending baby dust to you too :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have done a lot of research on Soy ISO & have decided to start them this upcoming cycle. I'm way excited & anxious! Can't wait!
  • Options
    Hi! How exactly do you ttc for twins??
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015 

• Options
    So sorry for your loss. I'm gonna be honest. TTC for twins? Its ranking right up there on my wtf scale. I have never heard (and i've researched quite a bit) you could make your body release two eggs. From what i know, aside from medical intervention, its a really random thing that happens adn considered a miracle in a sense. After having a mc in April, i am jsut doing everything in my power to get KU, let alone thinking about twins.....
  • Options
    edited June 2015

I am so sorry for your loss. Welcome to the board.

While I hope that you have a successful and healthy pregnancy in the future, I do feel the need to point a few things out that spring to my mind.

Watch taking supplements without the direct supervision of your doctor. Soy contains compounds including phytoestrogens that can have an effect on reproduction, and while I am sure that is why you are taking them, they do not always have the effect we think they will.

There are so many joys with the birth of twins, but there are also so many devastating risks. Over the years on these boards I have seen so many TTCAL women have subsequent pregnancies with twins. I can think of one that didn't end up with a life-changing NICU stay, and those life changes are sometimes terrifying and sometimes tragic. Pregnancy with multiples is generally high-risk, both for the life of the babies and for the life of the mother. Even a young and healthy mother can find herself in hospital bed rest for months waiting for the babies to mature to the point that they might survive if the complication that placed her there worsens. At minimum, the cost of a comparatively short week-long NICU stay common to twins can bankrupt some couples, even after insurance pays their part. Twins are a blessing, but the true miracle is when they come without complications. If you want twins, I hope nature obliges you, but be very aware of the risks so that you can have support in place early.

Finally, for those that are newer to the loss community, please be aware that one of the most painful and offensive terms out there in TTC-land is 'baby dust'. I am absolutely positive that none of you meant anything offensive when you said it. You were just intending to wish positive energy to those around you in their TTC endeavors, and that is wonderful. However, I personally ask that you file this particular term away in the 'best not to use' file, along with retard and a host of others offensive terms commonly found in use. The reason for this is that many women in this community have lost their pregnancies at a stage that cremation was an option, and the visual of having baby dust tossed on them is both jarring to painful memories and horrifying in a way that is difficult to explain to someone who hasn't lived that reality. I am absolutely not suggesting someone who uses the term would ever intentionally hurt a fellow member of this community, but I am bringing it up so that we can be aware that the term is hurtful and to ask that we please avoid its use in the future. In full disclosure, I am one of those with cremated remains.

All advice given based on lengthy personal experience.

I am not a doctor, I just have a working medical vocabulary.

Always available to answer questions about loss, infertility, and TRP.

imageimage

• Options
    kimey1kimey1 member
    edited June 2015
    @MrsGargoyle Though I haven't used the term, I had no idea of its implications. I'm so sorry for your loss and thank you for sharing & explaining. Wishing you only the best...<3
  • Options
    Well I will say I am one of those. I did have to cremate my son this past March When I miscarried & if I did offend any women by the term I'm sorry.
  • Options
    In Nigeria they have very high twin rates. Most believe it is from eating white yam. You can buy it here, called name at Walmart or your local African store.
  • Options
    Well ladies as I was waiting for my cycle to start I finally realized that it wasn't coming. After a dr appointment yesterday I found out I am pregnant ladies. 5 weeks & 3days. I am very surprised & excited as well as scared out of my mind. It's not completely real to until I get a ultrasound
  • Options

Well ladies as I was waiting for my cycle to start I finally realized that it wasn't coming. After a dr appointment yesterday I found out I am pregnant ladies. 5 weeks & 3days. I am very surprised & excited as well as scared out of my mind. It's not completely real to until I get a ultrasound
    Congratulations! May I suggest the Pregnant After Loss board? It's a great place to connect with ladies going through the sometimes scary reality of navigating a new pregnancy while you are still wrapping your head around your previous loss. Best of luck moving forward, may you have a happy and healthy 9 months ahead of you.

All advice given based on lengthy personal experience.

I am not a doctor, I just have a working medical vocabulary.

Always available to answer questions about loss, infertility, and TRP.

imageimage