New York Babies
Options

long island moms? hospital suggestions?

Hi, this is my first pregnancy, I'm from suffolk county long island.  I'm only 7 weeks along.  Just wondering if anyone has suggestions for which hospital to deliver at, any good or bad experiences from previous pregnancies?  I've been to my first prenatal visit but underwhelmed with the ob...so definitely up for switching. 
Thanks and good luck to everyone, wishing you all a happy, healthy, comfortable pregnancy!

Re: long island moms? hospital suggestions?

• Options
    St. Catherine's! Omg I loved it there! Everyone was wonderful and I didn't want to leave! You just rang and the nurses helped you with everything! Amazing!
  • Options
    St. Catherine's! Omg I loved it there! Everyone was wonderful and I didn't want to leave! You just rang and the nurses helped you with everything! Amazing!
    I used to work at st. catherines, so that is really nice to hear...but I don't know if I want them seeing my bits lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    AliaM20 said:
    I have heard GREAT things about the Maternity Ward in LIJ's Southside Hospital. We just recently moved back to Suffolk, and will be delivering there.
    south side is looking a lot nicer lately, when LIJ took over they really cleaned the place up.  I have a girlfriend who delivered there 5 months ago, she had a great experience.  She mainly chose to deliver there because they have all private rooms.   I switched to an OB that delivers mostly at Good Samaritan and Southside, so depending on the day I go I just follow him.  As of right now I have placenta previa, not sure where I will choose if I need to do a scheduled section.  good luck to you guys!
  • Options
    Lij May be a bit of a ride for you depending of where in Suffolk you are coming from but I had my son there and it's a wonderful beautiful comfortable hospital. We will be having baby #2 there in July,.good luck
  • Options
    babeonthewaybabeontheway member
    edited March 2015
    St Catherine's was amazing but I've heard great things about Southside too
  • Options
    LIJ in New Hyde Park - amazing
    For this Child I prayed...<3

• Options
    Winthrop minneola
  • Options
    I agree, Winthrop.