Nurseries and Baby Gear

Mamaroo or FP swing?

Hubby and I are pregnant with baby #2. Of course I'm going on my shopping spree like I always do haha. With the first we had a Fisher Price swing that vibrated and did ok just didn't last long. I want to get something a little better this time and will last longer. I have looked into the mamaroo, Fisher Price 4 in 1 smart connect and the Graco dual gilder. I'm so indecisive! Lol. I really wanted the mamaroo, but I've heard bad reviews about it and that it's very slow. My daughter loved her FP swing and I do want something with faster movements. Any suggestions or personal experiences with which you prefer? Thanks in advance(:

Re: Mamaroo or FP swing?

• I never tried mamaroo. We had the FP little lamb swing and used it for our 2 boys. They both loved it and lived in it practically. Only down side is battery operated but I understand the new ones have a plug. That's definitely a feature to look for in a swing. I also feel they outgrew the straps rather quickly. Have you tried a Rock-n-play? It's low tech but it's easy to put right by your bed and folds up to use a grandmas.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was trying to decide between the mamaroo and fisher price 4 in 1 also. I talked to a friend who had the mamaroo and she said it was ok but she didn't feel like it was really anything special. I don't have any other close friends that have either of them but I think I've decided on the 4 in 1 after watching videos and reading about them.
  • Loading the player...
  • We have both, I used the swing for the first 3 weeks and bought a mamaroo. My LO slept really well in the swing then wanted nothing to do with it. The mamaroo she loves. She will sit in it for an hour and watch me make dinner, if she's already asleep I can put her in it and she naps great in it.

Surprise! Baby #2 EDD 7/28/17
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • The Mamaroo reviews are very mixed, so it is really hard to make a decision. I had a Fisher Price Snuggabunny that was battery or plug-in operated...and it lasted through 4 kids before it died.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Our twins loved their mamaroos.