July 2015 Moms

Diaper bag ?

What kind are you going for ? High priced ? Or reg ?

Re: Diaper bag ?

• I'm going for Xtra large and very roomy... we are using cloth diapers. Unfortunately, I'm still on the hunt.
  • I found a coach diaper bag at tj maxx. I wouldn't have bought a designer bag probably if it wasn't discounted like that, but I like it a lot better than some other diaper bags id seen
    Mom to one in heaven. Mom to one here on Earth.

BFP - 12/1
    First U/S - 12/11 Saw heartbeat
    Second U/S - 12/18 HR 120 BPM 
    Third U/S - 12/23/2014 HR 150 BPM

Due Date - 8/8/2015 
    Arrival Date - 8/3/2015 - Asher David 8 lbs 5 oz 21 1/2"

• Loading the player...
  • Just using a regular tote. I find diaper bags to be really overpriced, even the cheaper ones, and super unattractive.
  • This is the one that I got, it's made my carters and you can find them at babiesRus... I LOVE it! It's so cute and super roomy! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm using a hand made one my MIL gave to me, it's not stylish (more cute baby style) but a decent size, has plenty of pockets for smaller stuff and best of all, was free :)
  • We had a standard diaper bag for our first but I found the straps annoying after awhile because my hands were never completely free, even if it was over my shoulder. We've been using a backpack style since DD was a toddler and while that is better, I find everything falls to the bottom. We have now bought a messenger style one for this baby from babies r us, I think. I think that will be the best of both worlds because my hands will be free and it still had tons of pockets so everything isn't just tossed in. It's also roomy enough for my DDs stuff, not that she needs much since she's potty trained now. It's also a neutral color so I can use it later on.
  • We got 2 at our baby shower, cute one for me a practical for SO. Both are from babies R us. The JJ Cole back also has backpack straps which sold me on it. 

JJ Cole Backpack Diaper Bag - Navy Arbor - JJ Cole Collections  - Babies"R"Us

• I'm going with my breast pump backpack to carry everything I need.  Or if that gets too crowded with things, I will transfer it over to the diaper bag I used with my first born.  Nothing extravagant.  It's just a regular diaper bag :)
  • celiadeverceliadever member
    edited June 2015
    I went with a diaper bag that looks like a purse, since it will essentially be both for me. I don't wanna carry around a purse and a diaper bag... The Kate Spade "Stevie" bag is VERY roomy and comes with built in stroller clips for easy attachment. And for hubby, we got a Columbia diaper bag/backpack as well.

• I also went for a diaper bag that looks more like a purse. It's leather so I'm a bit worried that it will get ruined but I guess we'll see.
    It's made by Big Buddha, it was an unofficial mother's day gift from the hubbs.
  • We got two from our showers, a cute Winnie the Pooh one that will primarily be mine and a more manly looking Columbia Outfitter bag for my husband (we registered for the Columbia one). I had registered for a nice Skip Hop bag that looks a little more purse-like for myself, but having the Winnie the Pooh one doesn't bother me, it's just to hold my kid's junk.
    Anniversary 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I bought this diaper bag about two days ago, I'm actually going to go pick it up later ;;) it's matches the chevron canopy my sister bought for the car seat
  • I went with a diaper bag that looks like a purse, since it will essentially be both for me. I don't wanna carry around a purse and a diaper bag... The Kate Spade "Stevie" bag is VERY roomy and comes with built in stroller clips for easy attachment. And for hubby, we got a Columbia diaper bag/backpack as well.

I want a Kate spade diaper bag, but won't get it til early next year since right now we in a tight budget , but my sister has the poked dotted one very roomy and fits everything!
  • I bought this diaper bag about two days ago, I'm actually going to go pick it up later ;;) it's matches the chevron canopy my sister bought for the car seat

This is the one I registered for! If I hadn't gotten a different one as a gift I probably would have bought it for myself.
    Anniversary 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We got a black fisher price diaper bag from BRU. I love it because it has compartments that are well set up for easily accessing stuff without doing a bunch of digging, it was like $45 I believe.
  • I'm so not a purse person, so when I saw a deal for Daddy & Co diaper bags on steals.com, I grabbed one. Went with gray and black. It's super masculine, but my husband can also carry it around and I really don't care about fashion when it comes to toting around baby stuff. Then again, every single purse I own was picked out and gifted to me by friends and family, so obviously I'm not in the "accessorizing" game. :) 

image BabyFruit Ticker

Married 10-15-2011
    BFP 10-30-2014
    Baby's due 7-08-2015

• We got a Marc Jacobs diaper bag that I LOVE. That will be the primary bag we use, as I hope to carry just that and not a purse in addition to it. We are also registered for a diaper bag from PBK that would be used for daycare and other outings/for DH.
    Anniversary
  • I'm going for a diaper bag insert. It's just a insert organizer that you can put in different bags. I didn't want an actual diaper bag and I also have a lot of big bags and stuff so the insert works perfect for me :)
  • ktabsktabs member
    I got a solid black, Kate Spade Stevie. It looks like a tote more than a diaper bag. I got it for $190 on Amazon, FYI. I saw them on tradesy (it's an awesome fashion app) barely used for closer to $100. It can be done!
    PAIF
    pregnant after round 2 of IVF. Transferred 2 embryos and (surprise!) was pregnant with triplets. Identicals passed at 8 and 10 weeks. Still have one healthy baby boy with EDD of July 30!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • This is on sale until tonight... Diaper bag that looks like a purse also, but has a longer strap you can attach so you can carry it hands free across the body. So cute! It's from Stella and Dot
  • I have three different JuJuBes one needs to go tho, its pink and I don't do pink lol
    DS #1 Born 01/23/09
    Married 03/18/10
    DS #2 Born 05/19/11
    DS #3 Due 07/26/15

• We are cloth diapering, and I have a JuJuBe Be All. I know they can be $$ but I got mine on a local swap for like $20. I love it, I had one with DS as well.
    Mama to two crazy kiddos
    J -- 9/04
    L -- 11/10
    E -- 7/15

• afm27afm27 member
    I got the Kate Spade "Stevie" as well, and absolutely LOVE it!!
  • mrsb30mrsb30 member

We got a black fisher price diaper bag from BRU. I love it because it has compartments that are well set up for easily accessing stuff without doing a bunch of digging, it was like $45 I believe.

That's what we got and I love it! I love that you can get wipes from the outside.
  • I got this backpack this time around though at first I thought I wanted a PPB. They are just so heavy and I'm very petite-I couldn't imagine carrying that thing full or it even hanging off the back of a stroller. The Columbia one is light weight and I like the side compartments plus DH can easily use it!
    KAR8706 said:

We got 2 at our baby shower, cute one for me a practical for SO. Both are from babies R us. The JJ Cole back also has backpack straps which sold me on it. 

JJ Cole Backpack Diaper Bag - Navy Arbor - JJ Cole Collections  - Babies"R"Us

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Apparently I'm in love with chevron grey lol

I got the same one from my registry but when I saw it in person I didn't love it. so I ended up sending it back and ordering a jjcole bag. My SIL has it and loves it!
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00JWX0TBQ/ref=aw_br_ov_dp__1?colid=252UE44JB8XW4&coliid=I18BPJOQEHDGQ3&vs=1
  • Those interested in a Kate Spade bag, go to the Kate Spade website and sign up for their email alerts! They don't send a ton of spam... And they DO send notifications for the Kate Spade Secret Sales. These sales always have a few diaper bags to choose from...

I got my diaper bag for like $90 on there and love it! It's the only way to go when purchasing Kate Spade.... But beware you may be tempted to add adorable purses to your cart as well ;)
    IVF #1 September 2014 - Transferred one 5-day blast : BFN
    FET #1 October 2014 - Transferred two 5-day blasts: BFP!!
    << Due July 10, 2015 with our first baby! >>

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I got the Storksak Bobby and love it!!
  • abir12abir12 member
    We got a Vera Bradley messenger style diaper bag from our shower. At first I wasn't too thrilled since I'm not a big Vera Bradley fan, and DH would not carry it. But once I looked closely at it I liked all the pockets and the long strap. So I'm going to keep it and get DH a cheap backpack style that he can use if he wants.
  • Just got this from Walmart. Great reviews and tons of storage space.
  • I have to laugh whenever I see someone say they bought a separate bag for DH or he won't carry the one you have. I certainly can't speak for guys on this but I doubt most of them will be packing a separate bag or unpacking the main one to move it over to his bag for those times when he takes baby by himself. I can understand for those ladies that plan to use it as a purse so they'll be carrying it even when not with baby but if that's not the plan, I just don't get having 2 bags.

My DH laughed when I told him about those type of comments. He said when DD came along, he was proud to be a dad and didn't care what the bag looked like. For this little one, I bought a neutral color so I could use it for longer and he said again he didn't care if it was pink, he'd carry it fine. He said "I'm not trying to impress anyone with the diaper bag and I'm secure enough with myself that I could care less what color it is". It'll be interesting to see if the guys that make an issue of it now really end up caring about it after they are a Dad for awhile.
  • We got the Garanimals diaper bag from Walmart in the giraffe print, for less than $25; it's a great size, nice and big with lots of pockets for storing ALL the things.
    DD1: 3.27.2003
    DD2: 9.7.2008
    DS: 8.4.2015

• My mil got us a large, black bag that I think is wonderful. My husband wants a backpack style with special straps to attach it to stroller. So we may end up with two. I'm suddenly worried about a heavy bag at the stroller handle causing weight shift.
  • I got a Vera Bradley bag when zulily had there big sale a few months back. It was like 60%off
    ~Jenny~

BabyFruit Ticker
    Excitedly Expecting our first!      EDD July 10

VOTE on my Name List
  • I'm gonna try one of my spacious backpacks, if not I'll probably buy used if need be
  • With both my girls it just happened that the only diaper bag I liked was $60 (used the same with my second so I guess with her it was cheap) it was a huge black bag, with girly cartoon skulls on it. Had a changing pad and everything.. I still like skulls and all.. But I am a little bit older now.. Lol not to say there's anything wrong with the way I used to dress.. But early 20's to late 20's is a bit of a difference.. Also, this time I really want a normal size diaper bag, it's black with round studs on it and looks like a nice purse. (Even has a brag book) and it's only $20! But it's big enough to hold everything I need. I discovered that I don't need 10 diapers and 5 bottles to go into the store.. I carry extras in a tot bag out in my car in the trunk (extra diapers and wipes. Obviously can't leave clothes or bottles in there.) and just bring in what I need in a not super heavy all over the place struggling to keep it on my shoulder bag.
  • Apparently I'm in love with chevron grey lol

The pink and grey of this are my nursery theme!! Lol I love it. And never likes zig zags or pink and grey before
  • I purchased a bag from MyThirtyOne.com and love it! It's spacious and I had it personalized with my daughter's name. I will have to get another for this next baby too...just need to pick a name for her first :)
  • I'm going for a small JanSport backpack. I've used them for my other 3, & when they're older it's their little carryall when we travel.