July 2015 Moms
Options

36+5 no more Braxton Hicks?

edited June 2015 in July 2015 Moms
for the last few months I've had very painful episodes of cramping and Braxton hicks to the point of false labor and I experienced prodromal labor nightly. Suddenly about a few weeks or so ago the contractions vanished all together. Now I don't feel as heavy, baby is finally head down instead of transverse, it's weird. I'm a STM and I don't remember getting a break from the pelvic pressure or BH with my first. Has anyone else's contractions suddenly vanished?

Re: 36+5 no more Braxton Hicks?

• Options
    No, but each pregnancy is different , even with the same woman. If baby is still moving well I wouldn't be too concerned about vanishing contractions. You're being seen weekly now, right @butterfly061583 ?
  • Options
    Mine is the same way, mine were almost unbearable then st 36 weeks they stopped but baby is fine!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Im not sure if I have even had a BH im 36+1
  • Options

No, but each pregnancy is different , even with the same woman. If baby is still moving well I wouldn't be too concerned about vanishing contractions. You're being seen weekly now, right @butterfly061583 ?

No not weekly yet every two weeks until weeks 39&40. I'm not concerned about anything being wrong movements are great. I'm just curious as to the vanishing contractions and if anyone else is experiencing this, because I thought they would get worse instead of stopping all together.
  • Options
    Maybe the positioning of the baby had something to do with it. Mine was transverse for a while and that made me have more BH than when he moved into head down. I don't really have them now either, just constant menstrual cramping. But I will take the stop of BH with open arms girl! My mom never had BH with any of her pregnancies, so really they aren't necessary. Actually they can indicate dehydration.
  • Options
    mirrenrue said:

Maybe the positioning of the baby had something to do with it. Mine was transverse for a while and that made me have more BH than when he moved into head down. I don't really have them now either, just constant menstrual cramping. But I will take the stop of BH with open arms girl! My mom never had BH with any of her pregnancies, so really they aren't necessary. Actually they can indicate dehydration.

I wondered if the change in position was linked. It makes sense. I'll just enjoy the break :-).

• Options
    Bugs1718Bugs1718 member
    edited June 2015
    I had BH for several weeks in my 20s and then a couple of weeks ago, they stopped (I'm 34 weeks). I'm not complaining. :)