May 2015 Moms
Options

Wardrobe...and no money...I am hiding in the house! :(

ladyteach0505ladyteach0505 member
edited June 2015 in May 2015 Moms
Since I'n taking off the year DH and I have to budget carefully.  That said, my clothes suck and I don't have time to style my short hair so it's a mess. I've been home with DD but I have to go out tonight and I'm dreading it- I just feel gross.  I've lost almost all the weight, but I feel bleh. Anyone else relate?

Re: Wardrobe...and no money...I am hiding in the house! :(

• Options
    I can relate to everything but almost losing all the baby weight. I still have 40lbs to go and ate everything I could get my hands on yesterday.
  • Options
    mb1383mb1383 member
    I feel like that most times when heading out. I am living in yoga pants and tights. I still have 18lbs to lose and don't fit my regular wardrobe.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I hear ya. Also super tight budget. I wear yoga pants constantly. I don't care about my appearance now nearly as much as I did pre-baby, though.
  • Options
    kby721kby721 member
    I feel the same way. I still have 15 lbs to lose -and don't fit in my regular or maternity clothes. I have literally one outfit and it's covered in spit upm right now.
  • Options
    Ugh I have a friends baby shower on Saturday and I am absolutely dreading getting 'dressed up' for it. I feel your pain!
  • Options
    I have all my clothes in piles scattered around the bedroom - fat maternity, early maternity, before pregnancy, regular clothes in bigger sizes and sweats/yoga clothes. Nothing fits right except the sweats. It's a hard transition!
  • Options

I can relate to everything but almost losing all the baby weight. I still have 40lbs to go and ate everything I could get my hands on yesterday.

This! I have to lose weight, I don't fit into anything but my too big maternity clothes. :-(
  • Options
    And why WHY is everything out right now crop top?! Who the hell has time for that?! But on the flip side, take a look at the girls' section at Target and feel a pang of regret that you aren't a kid anymore because those clothes are SUPER cute.
  • Options
    I'm still wearing my maternity clothes & gym clothes I lost most of the weight. Still need to lose 4lbs but I'm saggy not tone as I used to be so I don't feel the same & clothers don't look the same B-) I'm 20days postpartum & already started working out to help my confidence level go up maybe then I'll go shopping & get new things it is a tough transition
  • Options
    Yoga pants and maxi skirts here! I wouldn't dare try to put my old clothes on right now. Can you spruce up a maternity tunic or top with a belt and wear with leggings? Or look for the loosest dress you have pre pregnancy. Just some ideas that are working for me at the moment..
  • Options
    Someone yesterday asked me when I'm due.  Uh....REALLY?!  I'm still fairly little in spite of my leftover bump so that sucked hard.
  • Options

Someone yesterday asked me when I'm due.  Uh....REALLY?!  I'm still fairly little in spite of my leftover bump so that sucked hard.

Ehhh that sucks. That happened to me after my first. I guess empire waist is a no no post pregnancy
  • Options

I am hiding because I know that comment is coming for me too. I only gain weight in the belly so seriously it's bad...
  • Options
    marthaudanimarthaudani member
    edited June 2015
    I still have 15 lbs to go at 19 days pp but I was able to put on and zip up my size 4 shorts with just a tiny bit of muffin top showing! It's just a bit of loose fatty skin but I'm counting it as a victory! Losing the weight after my third child is proving to be a huge challenge.

My closet full of skinny girl/non-breastfeeding-friendly clothes mocks me...

I plan on hitting Forever 21 this weekend for a couple of outfits that won't break the budget.
  • Options

DD is almost 6 weeks now. I've lost all but 8lbs of the baby weight but my stomach is still poochy/flabby/gross. I've had TWO people comment on my stomach asking me about when I'm due when I'm carrying DD in the carseat. Really? You don't see the 5 week old I'm carrying here? How could I POSSIBLY be pregnant again and showing?!

None of my pants fit so I've been living in dresses/leggings/maxi skirts. I REFUSE to wear my maternity pants so that isn't really an option.  

Us: Me (27) Hubby (27) Married since 7/24/10

BFP #1: 10/30/2007    DS born 06/20/2008

BFP#2 09/11/2014      DD born 05/01/2015

• Options
    My pants ripped the other day while taking my daughter out of her car seat (the only pants that fit) I cried a little. 20 lbs down and 20 lbs to go and it's so hard being that inbetween sizes... At least when I was pregnant I had a cute bump now I'm more "lumpy" than anything. Worst part is I had a c section and can't work out for a couple more weeks....