July 2015 Moms
Options

laying position

I was wondering if at almost 35 weeks if it would hurt to lay on ur back even though they say lay only on ur left side

Re: laying position

• Options
    You can lay on your back, after awhile it will probably get uncomfortable. I lay however I want which means stomach. I'd much rather actually sleep that fret over if I'm laying int he correct position.

(and yes I can still lay on my stomach and not feel like a teeter totter lol)
    DS #1 Born 01/23/09
    Married 03/18/10
    DS #2 Born 05/19/11
    DS #3 Due 07/26/15

• Options

You can lay on your back, after awhile it will probably get uncomfortable. I lay however I want which means stomach. I'd much rather actually sleep that fret over if I'm laying int he correct position.

(and yes I can still lay on my stomach and not feel like a teeter totter lol)

I hate you for that :-w
    It hurts now when I try to sleep on my stomach and I actually have to balance perfectly on my side to get just a little bit of sleep :(
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I lay on my back still, not for too long though. I todd and turn at night so maybe I'll be on my back for 30 minutes to an hour or so.
  • Options
    I find my back to be the most comfortable position for me. When I sleep on my back, I wake up pain free! Every time I try to sleep on my left side, I end up waking up every hour to pee.
    I tell my doctor every visit I lay on my back and have never been told once to stop. But I also have an anterior placenta so I'm definitely not at risk of squishing anything.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    mers90mers90 member
    I get so uncomfortable laying on any side that I spend a little bit of time every night on my back just so I can get some rest! It starts getting uncomfortable after 1 hour or something like that, but is the best position for me right now!

• Options
    itsrandiyoitsrandiyo member
    edited June 2015
    I think the biggest thing is comfort for you on the laying position. When I lay on my back it definitely is uncomfortable for me and makes me light headed/nauseous after a while because I think when most pregnant people lay on their back it blocks a blood vessel of some sort? Don't quote me on that haha. But If its comfortable, I'd say do it!
  • Options
    I lay on my back to give my hips a break here and there. I wouldn't stress too much about it as it seems us pregnant ladies are never able to stay in one position for too long anyway. :)
  • Options
    I certainly wouldn't stress about your sleep position. Like others, I sometimes lay on my back to give my hips a break, but have found that I sometimes struggle to breathe more if Im on my back so I invariably turn to one of my sides lol. But even my OB said its better to get some rest than to worry, since the likelihood of something happening is slim to none, but the prevalence of insomnia in pregnancy is high!

So I say, go get your sleep on in whatever position works! :)
  • Options
    I can't seem to get comfortable in any position. I'll lay on my belly (I have to bend one of my knees way up for this to work) for a little and that's the only real relief I can get...
    I try not to do it cause after a while baby starts moving a lot (guessing he doesn't like it) and then I have to pee.
  • Options
    I didn't know if it would hurt the baby bc I've heard it cuts off circulation to the baby