July 2015 Moms
Options

help! any working mommies having trouble finding the motivation to work?

I'm having such a hard time finding the motivation to go to work :( it's very frustrating because I'm trying to work as much as possible before maternity leave. I'm just always tired! Always out of breath and having braxon hicks. I've got a 3 year old on top of that. I'm also a single mom (trying to work things out with dad) but really doing alot on my own so it's very stressful..all i ever want to do is lay in bed! anyone working while pregnant going through the same thing?

Answers

• Options
    Yes! I'm a night shift nurse and at this moment I absolutely cannot get out of my chair. I'm so tired after running around all night and this is the busiest part of the shift. I'm 35 weeks and thinking of calling it quits after this week.
  • Options
    Yes!!! I'm a site manager at a storage facility and it's just myself and my assistant. He's really good at picking up the physical end of the job for me!! I'm 35 weeks and planning on working for another 3 weeks. I try to remember the more time I spend at work before baby is the more time I'll have with baby on my maternity leave... This usually helps my motivation!!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm working till I pop. My motivation is my extra time home with baby after instead of sitting at home waiting for her.
  • Options
    Ugh, yes. Especially since I'm most likely not going back to work after she gets here, at least not until January. I have been looking at my calendar every day and counting down the days until my last day!
    Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    MollDoll81MollDoll81 member
    edited June 2015
    Ugh. I actually fought tears this morning when I had to get up (long night, didn't sleep, sciatica issues, and have been working extra long hours to make up time to cover appointments).
  • Options
    Yes! I'm working until the end of June but have gotten much more uncomfortable in the last few days and am sleeping poorly. Yesterday I could hardly get out of bed and dragged all day at work. This morning I woke up at 4:45 for no reason and can't fall back asleep (but know I'll be trying not to fall asleep at work all day). Luckily I have a desk job - I don't think I'd last the whole month if I had to be on my swollen feet all day.
  • Options
    Bugs1718Bugs1718 member
    edited June 2015
    Yes! Working until I go into labor so I can take my 12 weeks after. I also have an (almost) 3 year old - her bday is also in July, and am struggling to keep up. It's all I can do to make it to the office each day, let alone work once I get there. So tired and it's hard to focus on work stuff when all I can think about is what I have left to do at home (and sleeping). :) We're all just doing our best at this point. I'm 33 weeks and doc doesn't expect me to make it to my due date so I'm just trying to make it through June and then hopefully baby will come a little early like my DD did.
  • Options
    Yes! I am a teacher, so I will be out of school (work) before he gets here, but the closer I get to the last day of school (June 23) the more unmotivated I become!!! I don't think I left my chair at all yesterday, and today looks like it will be the same. My seniors are all complaining about wanting graduation to get here, but I think I might want it more than them!
  • Options
    VTomanVToman member
    Back in May, I told my boss my last week would probably be the last week of June, unless something comes up and doc feels I should stop working sooner. I also told him I wasn't coming back (taking a year off to be with baby and then maybe only part time to save on childcare). Ever since I told him, the end of June can't come fast enough and I dread going to work every day! I feel like there is so much left to do for my baby and I just have no energy to do it after I've worked 8-10 hrs a day, or 40-50 hrs a week.
  • Options
    Yes....4 long weeks to go before my induction date!!! Seems like it's taking forever and ever. My job is super stressful and very needy especially because I'm overseeing 10 new interns. Hoping she comes a little early!
  • Options
    Are none of you taking disability? At 36 weeks we are all eligible for disability. It does not effect our 12 weeks of Maternity leave. I plan on taking 2 weeks before my due date. Disability is in effect until baby is born. Maybe it's a state by state thing?...but I don't think it is.
  • Options

Are none of you taking disability? At 36 weeks we are all eligible for disability. It does not effect our 12 weeks of Maternity leave. I plan on taking 2 weeks before my due date. Disability is in effect until baby is born. Maybe it's a state by state thing?...but I don't think it is.

Hmmm I didn't know this!!!
  • Options

At my job it would cut into my 12 weeks of FMLA I don't have actual maternity leave. I could be done with work now if this were true but for me atleast, it is not.
  • Options
    Yes. I'm 32 weeks and I'm so over work. I'm a night shift nurse, working 12 hour shifts. I'm hating it.
  • Options
    oooooh yeah! I am 34+4 and ready to give up! lol It's so hard for me to get around.. and for whatever reason I am always so angry in the morning! lol it never fails.. I wake up ready to bite someones head off... and the fact that I move at the same pace as a snail, I always end up running like 5 minutes behind. lol it's ridiculous. 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm finding the same thing. I just can't concentrate anymore. With the back pain, sciatic nerve pain, Braxton hicks.... It's been difficult.
    But people at work don't seem to care/understand. So I'm trying to keep all my aches and pains to myself and charge ahead.
  • Options
    I got my doctor to sign me off sick starting today! No amount of money is worth the pain I'm in by the end of a working day. I'm 36weeks today and looking forward to using the next few weeks to have some "me" time before the baby arrives!
  • Options
    Working right up until the end. So tired. Motivation is definitely hard but I have a great job and am definitely coming back after a 12 week leave.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    hallbrhallbr member
    Going through the same thing!! I have to force myself out of bed in the mornings. It doesn't help that my 9 hour days are so long and boring. Hope the next few weeks fly by!
  • Options
    Every morning is a struggle. I lay in bed and contemplate calling in sick or calling in late. But I end up dragging my butt outta bed and going in because I don't want to leave my coworkers hanging.

I live in California and we are allowed 4 weeks disability prior to due date. It doesn't affect the amount of time we can take after birth. This is paid at about 55%. My work suggests taking two weeks prior to due date so I'm compromising and taking three. The thought of staying home for a month with nothing to do was appealing at first but the more I thought about it the more I thought I might go a little crazy.
  • Options
    Handree said:
    Every morning is a struggle. I lay in bed and contemplate calling in sick or calling in late. But I end up dragging my butt outta bed and going in because I don't want to leave my coworkers hanging. I live in California and we are allowed 4 weeks disability prior to due date. It doesn't affect the amount of time we can take after birth. This is paid at about 55%. My work suggests taking two weeks prior to due date so I'm compromising and taking three. The thought of staying home for a month with nothing to do was appealing at first but the more I thought about it the more I thought I might go a little crazy.
    I am so jealous! I wish we had something like that here in Michigan :( we have allotted enough money for me to be off for 8 weeks after I have baby. I may have to have a c-section because she has been breach, I'll find out on the 17th and if we get to schedule my c-section then I am considering going on leave a week before it's scheduled just because I am really struggling!

Pregnancy Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Yup I'm on my feet for ab 6 to 8 hours a shift. I wait tables, no maternity leave though, so I have to keep pushing through. Three days a week till the end of June, then I'm done!!
  • Options
    YES! Work isn't really uncomfortable and I do enjoy my job, but I find myself sitting around a lot, annoyed at all the things I could be doing at home. My evenings are jammed packed lately so I feel totally stressed about getting ready for baby!
  • Options
    LAO12LAO12 member
    Yes! 35w with twins and still working 4 10 hr days (measuring 43w for singleton). I am exhausted and so unmotivated.
    *** Siggy warning ***

DH: 31 normal
    Me: 31 tubal disease
    Married 2011
    TTC 2012
    Clomid x 2 with OBGYN: BFN
    IF testing 2013: blocked left tube, low AMH
    March 2014: Ectopic rupture, emergency surgery and D&C.  Absent left tube and now closed right tube
    October 2014: IVF with ICSI #1 - BFP (17r/14icsi/12f - 2ET 10/27; 7 frosties; Nov7 beta #1= 806; Nov10 beta #2= 2738; TWINS!!!!!  EDD late June/early July 2015)

• Options
    Jennym2b said:
    At my job it would cut into my 12 weeks of FMLA I don't have actual maternity leave. I could be done with work now if this were true but for me atleast, it is not.
    Same here. It's rare to find paid maternity leave in the States (a topic I could soapbox about for ages if given the chance) and I'd rather spend my FMLA at home with baby than sitting around waiting for her to make her grand entrance. 

I just wish I had more energy to do anything really, but I'm with a few PPs that I fear I'd get bored and antsy if I was stuck home. As it is, I feel entirely useless on my days off since I can't really do much gardening or deep house cleaning. I can't imagine being home for longer than a day at a time, though I'm getting more and more uncomfortable as the work days stretch on.
  • Options
    Almost 36 weeks and still teaching. Lucky to have amazing kids who are really understanding of my pregnancy. Love those kids! They complain about how cold my room is though. I keep the a/c on full blast. Lol two more weeks to go.
  • Options
    areseearesee member
    I don't mind going to work since I have a desk job that I love, but it happens to be a really busy season, I'm trying to squeeze in some extra appointments before I go, and today I found out that I have to hire for one of the positions in my department over the next week. Then I either have to bring work home to keep up or do the millions things around the house that need to get done. Things will quiet down in a couple weeks, so I should have a lull before baby arrives (due July 20), but I really feel like I'm losing it right now.
  • Options
    I'm even having trouble at my desk job, can't imagine having to be up on my feet through this. The swelling is what's making it unbearable, swelling in my thighs, ankles, feet and hands but so far no pre-eclampsia. After sitting for a few hours it's also really painful in my back and hips to get up to pee. And I hate looking so huge in my work clothes. But I just started this job a few weeks ago so I'll be working up until the day I have him. Luckily I work for a hospital system so I just have to waddle across the street and I'll be set :)
  • Options
    I'm just all around too grumpy to work. My boss is making me nuts lately, as are my students (we're year round) and I just want everyone to leave me alone! Lol I'm very grateful to be employed, but man I wish I could just have the rest of this time off with no consequence. I'm tempted to consider dipping into my PTO, which I really need to save for FMLA in order to get paid, just so I can be at home and nest!
  • Options

Yes!  I am planing on taking disability, but only two of the four week it allows.  I live in NJ, so it might just be a state thing.  After baby is born that is when my FMLA takes affect.  But if there was no disability, I would probably just suck it up and work until I go into labor.