March 2015 Moms
Options

Burping

My LO was throwing up a lot and I took her to the doctor and he said she wasn't burping good enough to get the bubbles out and that's why she's throwing up. She went all day and all night yesterday without throwing and it just started again! Any tips or advice on how to get her to burp better?

Re: Burping

• Options
    Try burping halfway through feeding. After one breast, before you switch to other one or halfway through bottle. Also, try not to bounce her around too much right after she eats :)
  • Options
    @Christina80xoxo I always burp her half way through the bottle and she doesn't get bounced around after either. Sometimes she might not throw up until an hour or so later after she eats
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm out of ideas then :) mine did and we realized it was only when she was with her papa who would pick her up and play with her after eating.
    Good luck :)
  • Options
    Dr Karp from "Happiest Baby on the block" recommended that you sit baby up on knee and bounce gently to get all the air bubbles to the top of stomach- then burp - I've been doing this- not sure if it makes a difference but may be worth a try
  • Options
    Rub baby's back with your palm from the bottom of back or middle of back to the top by neck only in upward strokes. That works the best for us when my little guy has a burp "trapped" !!