July 2015 Moms

STM's how did you know?

did you have any signs of labor before you actually went into labor? Like did you have signs & know that it would be soon? If so, what were they? I'm sorry if I worded this weird haha I didn't know exactly how to say it

Re: STM's how did you know?

• ambahambah member
    Honestly had no signs...I remember walkinf through Costco and thought I was having bad braxton hicks...well sure enough that night I woke up and was in labour. So I look back now and think what I thought was intense braxton hicks were actually pre-labour. But there was no signs really. Best advice I could say if you are unsure whether the contractions are the real thing is if you can talk through them. I could not talk through my contractions, they were that intense.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• With my first, I had a lot of BHs over the course of a few days but not painful or routine. Then I walking at the mall for 2+ hours and started getting really crampy. That subsided but I woke up later that day, from a nap, & knew I was having real contrax.

With my 2nd, I knew to ignore the lame BHs and wait for the cramping. I had my bloody show and also knew I was 4.5cm dilated, based on my appt the day prior. I woke up in the MOTN with serious cramps and timable contrax, that had me in the fetal position within 45 minutes. I was 7.5cm about 2 hrs later, when I got to the hospital.
  • Loading the player...
  • mnj05mnj05 member
    Although my water didn't break on its own and I went in to be induced, I had zero signs. When I was hooked up to the monitors for my induction, I was contracting regularly but did not feel it at all. I walked into that hospital 5cm and 100% effaced so I had been in labor for who knows how long and never knew it.

imagePhotobucket

TTC #1 since 3/2011
    DX: anovulatory and severe MFI
    DH is a testicular cancer survivor
    IVF#1 w/ICSI lupron, gonal f, ovidrel
    ER 6/15/12 6R 6M 6F! ET 6/20/12
    Beta #1: 154 Beta #2: 509 Beta #3: 7326
    Baby Boy born 3/1/2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2: 6/2014 all testing came back normal

IVF#2 (#1 for LO#2) 9/2014 - 17R 10M 10F 4 blasts frozen on day 6.

FET #1 10/15/14 - Beta #1: 216  Beta #2: 823

Baby Boy born 7/10/2015

• I'm not sure. I was induced. When I arrived to be induced I was actually in labor and couldn't feel a thing, I had no idea. I think the most I felt were slight twinges in my back until I reached 7-8cm dilated and they ruptured my membranes, then I could feel them. My BH were actually more painful than labor for me and I never got to the point where I couldn't talk through them.
  • No signs. First was induced, second had a small leak that morning followed by contractions and a baby that night.
    DS #1 Born 01/23/09
    Married 03/18/10
    DS #2 Born 05/19/11
    DS #3 Due 07/26/15

• I started having uncomfortable contractions with my first at around 5:00pm and went to the hospital at 11:00pm when they started to come more frequently and were more painful. Before I went to the hospital, I was pretty sure that SOMETHING was going on.

Contractions for me were not like clockwork like it said in the baby books. My contractions were uneven. That's why it took us awhile to figure out I was in labour because I would have contractions seven minutes apart and then twenty minutes would pass until I had another one.

They were painful and would grow to be more painful though. And that was something that the doctor warned me about so I would look for that if you can. Also if fetal movements have lessened, spotting, or fluids are good signs to look for. Good luck!
  • Labor started for my about an hour after having sex with the hubby. I thought I just felt I uncomfortable, which is normal for me after the deed while pregnant. It felt similar to BH. I knew 2 hours into it though they were contractions bc they had a beginning and an end and I could feel them crest. I had lost pieces of plug the day before also.
  • I had pretty bad lower back pain as DS was faced the wrong way. Plus, blood tinged mucus when I'd wipe, and my water broke. When I was admitted I was just 1 cm. Received pitocin because my contractions weren't getting any closer.
    You'll know, and if you don't your doc will tell you at your weekly appt!
  • Well, at 3:45 in the morning 48 hours before DD was born, I got up to go to the bathroom and I could. not. walk. I had so much pain/pressure in my pelvis I actually CRAWLED back to our bedroom. Went to the hospital and they said that I was in early labor and to go home and rest/relax. Exactly 24 hours later, my water broke in the middle of the night.

With DS I don't think I had any signs. I woke up at 5 or 6am and noticed I lost my mucus plug and had some pink spotting on the TP when I wiped. That was the beginning of early labor for me.
    Mama to two crazy kiddos
    J -- 9/04
    L -- 11/10
    E -- 7/15