November 2015 Moms

Sleeplessness anyone??

I'm 17 weeks along with twins. This past week I have been waking up in the middle of the night and cannot fall back asleep. Is this happening to anyone else? :(

Re: Sleeplessness anyone??

• It's been happening to me. Usually once or twice a week since I was 7 weeks (I'm 15 weeks now.) I've been trying some breathing techniques to help fall back asleep, like this one: https://www.medicaldaily.com/life-hack-sleep-4-7-8-breathing-exercise-will-supposedly-put-you-sleep-just-60-332122.

Sometimes it works. Good luck!
  • Yes. My husband gets up around 5:00 for work which wakes me up. So then I get up to to pee and can't go back to sleep....until it's time for me to get up.
  • Loading the player...
  • Well I get up 100 million times a night to pee...
  • Yes! I'm wide awake from 4-5 many nights.
  • I'm 18 weeks and, for several weeks now, there's been at least one day that I wake up around 2:30am needing a drink of water and then can't fall back asleep. I'll lay in bed until about 4am at which time I give up and go watch tv.
  • I'm 16 wks and I've been having a hard time sleeping due to back/hip pains, being too hot, crazy dreams, having to pee, needing a glass of water, or just plain insomnia. Thank God for TV Land at 3am for not playing infomercials. Pre-pregnancy I could fall asleep at the drop of a hat and stay sleeping through the apocalypse. *sigh*
  • Tylenol pm is my friend.
  • Yes, this has been happening to me for a while as well. It sucks! I heard that you should read somerhing boring (like a refrigerator manual) or just stare straight ahead, as these things will help you fall back asleep.
  • And a snoring husband doesn't help. #-o
  • With my last pregnancy I was awake from 2-4am pretty much every night. It's starting to go that way with this one as well.
  • Yup. I wake up between 11 and midnight every night to pee and then stay awake. My alarm goes off at 2am so that really sucks.
    Happened to me last time too but much later.
  • The last 2 weeks I have had major issues falling asleep. I can't shut my mind off thinking about work, everything I need to get done before baby is born, and if the baby is ok. Frustrating!!! I've been using a sleep aid but feel guilty about that, so can't really win when it comes to worrying.
  • For those getting up for the toilet lots, I found using a baby night light rather than turning the main light on helped. I found the main light woke me up too much & I couldn't get back to sleep afterwards. It is a godsend for me.
  • up now, but can't blame pregnancy! I've always woke up to go to bathroom, had trouble sleeping and staying asleep. so with drinking excess water, DH snoring and finding comfortable positions to sleep, this would be status quo for me!
  • Between 2 and 4am most nights I'm awake.  It's frustrating, but I've found if I put an audio book on I get back to sleep a little quicker. 
    June Siggy Challenge image
  • I have been having the hardest time actually falling asleep at night, and it's killing me. Once I finally fall asleep I stay asleep (except for getting up to use the restroom), but I'm exhausted when I wake up in the morning. I know benadryl is safe to take, but I'm trying to stay medicine free as much as possible. Sigh. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I get up about 3-4 times each night to pee. I used to be able to go right back to sleep but the last couple days I've been struggling! I was up from 2-5 this morning just tossing and turning to get comfy. Not fun!!
  • With my last pregnancy I was awake from 2-4am pretty much every night. It's starting to go that way with this one as well.
    DITTO!  I like to think it is natures way of preparing me for the lack of sleep once the baby gets here.  Welcome to sleep deprivation hell everyone.  I'm confident we will sleep again... maybe in 18 years...
  • And a snoring husband doesn't help. #-o

No it doesn't!  Haha!

I get random wake ups from time to time, but I'm also conking out as early as 7pm some nights, so by 4am I've actually gotten a decent chunk if sleep!  Usually I can't get back to sleep because I'm hungry!

• I've been trying hard to stay hydrated so of course there is the inevitable 1-2 trips to the bathroom each night. 

What compounds it for me is that my husband usually falls asleep in the "man cave" however out of some misplaced desire to be "supportive" lately he has been sleeping in our bed every night. He snores, he is restless, and he keeps the tv on when we fall asleep all of which are making me wake up exhausted.

Because his intentions are good I haven't said a peep but I think in a hormonal rage one night I will evict him from the bedroom entirely!