February 2016 Moms

Just how many sticks have you peed on…?

Someone tell me Im not crazy… or hell, tell me I am. I have used 5 Wondfo HCG test, 1 digital, 1 FRER and 2 off brand HCG test that THANKFULLY all but 1 said positive. I didn't realize I was a pee on a stick-o-holic but thanks to my DH, he pointed it out. Please tell me I am not alone?

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Just how many sticks have you peed on…?

• I'm up to 8 and all had very strong lines and the digitals all said I was over 3 weeks. I just continually check to make sure they're not getting lighter or anything

Feb '16 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing About Fall: Haunted Houses and Scary Movies! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • You're not alone. 

Ive done 4 FRERs, 1 CB, and about 8 wondfos. 

Actually, I am now just stopping, tho, b/c I did the Clear Blue with the weeks indicator, and it came back 1-2 ((which means 3-4 weeks pregnant)). I know I am AT LEAST 4.5 weeks, and that stupid indicator number has made me nervous. 
    BFP #1 4/23/11, EDD 1/4/12::No heartbeat @ 9 wks::D&C 6/1/11 
    Child #1  June 2012
    Child #2  Feb 2014
    Child #3  Feb 16
    BFP 3/9/17
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I tested daily for over two weeks last time around.

This time I've been much more subdued and just done two so far.  I'll do another one or two, just because I have a zillion, but I don't want to stress out about darkening lines too much!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    DS born 6/2013
  • See! Thats what I have been doing! The Wondfo was the first test I took and it was faint, but again, Im super early. I had read somewhere that they are good for early detection but suck at showing the line get darker so I had to run out and get the FRER and of course, just seeing the word PREGNANT helps a ton so yeah… At this point I just want to make sure its not a CP…. I assume since my first BFP was friday and I am still having them tonight I should be in the clear? Maybe? 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I only did 3 this time. With DD, I did 5.
  • Since I had JUST ordered more because we were certain we were out (didn't try very hard because hubs was having his emo time during my fertile period, whatever), I sorta had plenty. So, after taking I think 5 tests the first day I had sore nipples (one looked negative, hah), I took about 2 a day for a while, then one a day, then stopped. I just took my last digital the other day that is a dating one for fun. I have a crap ton of OPKs now...I won't pee on those, I promise. 
    -Kimberly :) 
    My Ridiculous Chart                                                    
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Well since this will be our last, even if we have the M word (you know the one) I just have to use them all up now, right!? I have 3 Wondfos, 1 digital and 1 FRERs left and they WILL get used because I don't want anyone feeling left out ya know. 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • PaniaOPaniaO member
    edited June 2015
    It got to be too much for me. I remind myself that HPTs are not meant to track pregnancy, nor are they affordable--in terms of finances, time, and stress. If I bleed or otherwise suddenly feel completely different, physically, I might change my mind. For now, for me, no news is good-enough news.
    ETA: the dilution factor alone is enough to make for worry I'd rather avoid.
    S & A married 8.12.2013
    Expecting Saulie O 2.12.2016
  • I peed on two sticks this time around. One when it was really too early to test, and the second on Friday when it was positive. It was positive and a digital, so no need to use up anymore of my supply. 
  • @paniaO I completely understand and agree. That is the reason I don't have my HCG checked! I had them checked right before my tubal pregnancy and that was the most stressful, anxious thing I had ever done. I swear, once Im out, Im out. I won't go buy more. Pinky Promise. 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • PaniaOPaniaO member
    @TheBeggsBunch ;) Hehe. Hey, whatever works for you. Avoidance is not necessarily the best strategy for managing anxiety, clinically speaking. Then again, neither is obsessiveness, as many of us POAS addicts know well! :\">
    S & A married 8.12.2013
    Expecting Saulie O 2.12.2016
  • Yeah, I lost track :) I'm using the rest of my OPKs, if that's an indication, haha
    DD born Feb. 2010. BFP 5/25/15, EDD 2/4/16!

Pregnancy Ticker
    It's a pirate's life for me, savvy? (Jack Sparrow) photo tumblr_mdjrtz1WNt1r6a7ny.gif
  • I've lost count!!! I just peed on another wondfo today and the line showed up super dark almost right away- definitely within 30 seconds. I have so many leftover that whenever I get a little worried I just take a test!
    me: 29 DH: 30
    Married 3.6.15
    EDD of Baby S 2.5.16

LFAF-July Siggy
  • I used 3 so far. I want to buy more but I'm trying to refrain.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 5 digitals with week estimator. Trying to convince myself I don't "need" more. I just want to see the estimator get to 3+
  • I've peed on 3.

The first one, I didn't even think it would turn positive. So it was a shock, so much so that I had to take another one. Then the following morning I took another one.
  • I've used 8, 5 Wondfos that I had and three FRER. I just figured I had to use up all the ones I had because they expire. Confession, I have my last FRER sitting next to my bathroom sink so every morning I see my positive test. I don't really have any symptoms yet so it is a daily reminder that I am pregnant.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Feb 2016 Siggy Challenge, Favorite Thing About Fall
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • LMMamaLMMama member
    I spent way too much money on pregnancy tests this time around. I did a few too early, then I had some faint lines, then I had the digitals. Probably about 8 to 10. And my first appointment isn't until July 8th so I have no doubts I will probably do another one before then.
  • I did 2 the day I found out. 2 days later I went to the doc and then got all sorts of anxiety that maybe the tests were false and I wasn't actually pregnant - totally rational. I went and bought another test and in my craze somehow messed it up so it couldn't read it (how is it possible to pee incorrectly on a stick?!) So then I was even more crazy and bought 2 more..one came back positive the other was invalid because once again I didn't do it properly (wth?!). So after spending $40 in 20 mins on 2 invalid tests I decided I should probably take a breath, walk away and stop being the craziest person ever!!
  • 3 FRERs-the first was 9dpo and negative, then I missed my period and tested a few days later at 14 and 15dpo and got my postives. I have one more test left that I may pee on just for the heck of it in the next couple weeks but I will not buy any more. Its just not worth the crazy it would bring to my mind. I'm pregnant today and that's what is getting me through each day til official confirmation in 4+ weeks (I'll be 9w5d).
  • 10 - 7 Wondfos, 1 FRER I had from last time and two Clearblue week-estimating tests (since I have no idea how far along I am because I haven't had a period since 2013).

I'm always waiting on the other shoe to drop due to a number of things that have happened in my recent life, so I'll keep testing at least every few days with wondfos until I have my dating ultrasound.

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• To date I've done 8 - 1 FRER, 3 digital and the rest were $ store cheapies. I still have 5 cheapies left in my stash. I will likely use at least one more before my next doctors appointment. :D
  • I've lost count! DH also does a good job of pointing it out to me.

• I havnt peed on one stick today, Im so proud! However, the day is still young and I still have 3 Wondfo, 1 digital and 1 FRER left.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I think I did about 8. With my first two I got my BFP before I ever missed a cycle. So I started testing about 3 days before I should have started. Once I got my BFP I did one more because 1-I had an extra test and 2-my first was a faint line and I wanted to see it nice and bold!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
                    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I've seriousloy lost count how many I've peed on, lol! 
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • je5sc0je5sc0 member
    1 FRER at 10dpo was a bfn. And then for kicks a took the other FRER on the day of my expected period just because and positive! My husband said "Oh it's not a solid line so it's negative?" Ummm no, there are there are two buddy. He insisted I take a digital. I took one digital and one Kroger brand. 4 total! I will probably use the others soon...they are calling my name!
  • I peed on a FRER which had a really strong line. I was in such a state of shock, I decided to test again the next morning.

I peed on two tests at once (another FRER and a digital test I had lying around.)

Both were positive and I decided to leave well enough alone. With my son I only took one test and got the faintest little line. My symptoms were so strong, I had no doubt at all. I'm trying to have the same attitude this time around.
  • Only a few... so far! I used a couple Wondfos and then a FRER to confirm. I have a couple FRERs and a bunch of Wondfos left, so I'm sure I'll be peeing on those in the next few weeks before my first appt.