TTC After a Loss

Introduction

Hi Everyone,

I decided it's time for me to move from the loss board over to the TTC after a loss board so here I am! My husband and I lost our baby at about 8 weeks though it stopped growing at 6. I'm about 5.5 weeks post d&c and am pretty sure I had my first AF last week. It wasn't as heavy as everyone warned it would be though, so I wonder if my body is just different or maybe it wasn't AF after all. Either way I am anxious to start trying again but also very nervous. I have a lot of fear and anxiety that I didn't have before. I got pregnant very fast the first time, what if that doesn't happen again? What if I miscarry again? I'm so scared that I won't be able to enjoy most of my pregnancy because I'm going to be terrified the whole time. I'm sorry we're all here but hope that we all get our rainbow babies when we're ready!! 

xxxx
Sarah

Re: Introduction

• Hi Sarah.  Firstly, I am so very sorry for your loss.  I also had a missed miscarriage we found out at 12wks, but it stopped growing at 9.5wks.  Second I wanted to welcome you to the board and I hope you find comfort here.  FX we all get our rainbows.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Thank you and I'm so sorry for your loss as well. It's stinks to be in this situation. I found a lot of comfort in the previous group and see a few familiar names here so I'm sure this will be helpful.

• Loading the player...
  • Hi Sarah,
    We're glad to have you here although I'm sorry about the circumstances.  Our stories are very alike.  I too had a miscarriage at 8 weeks, and my baby only measured 5.5 weeks.  I also got pregnant very fast with my lost baby and my three year old son, so now I'm freaking out that we've been trying for a few cycles since the miscarriage and I've got myself convinced something is wrong.  My miscarriage was 4 months ago and I still cry sometimes.

I too am dreading the anxiety that will come with my next pregnancy.  I do believe that we all here will eventually have healthy babies!
  • @spatter1, I had a light period and found out 3 weeks later that I still had hcg in my system. I don't know if one relates to the other, but I figured I'd mention it. AF is due again tomorrow or the next day and I'm hoping it's more normal.

I got pregnant quickly the first time, too, and I'll still be anxious until I get a positive. It's funny how one thing goes wrong (mc) and it makes us think EVERYTHING is going to go wrong. At least we've got this forum to see that we're not the only ones who feel that way.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)