August 2015 Moms
Options

PUPPS Rash

Has anyone experienced the PUPPS rash? I didn't experience it in my first pregnancy but developed it at 31 weeks in this pregnancy. My doctor told me to take Benadryl (kinda had when you work) and put Cortizone on it. Does anyone else have any remedies that help? They said this will go away after delivery...that is 9 weeks away :(

Re: PUPPS Rash

• Options
    My best friend had this, and unfortunately not much helped. She said cool oatmeal baths or Epsom salt baths, and wearing as few clothes as possible was the best relief she found. She was also due in August. Hope it's not too bad for you, sorry you're going through it :(
  • Options
    Ugh, had it bad with DS. The memory makes me shutter.

Cool showers, often. Pat dry. Aveno makes an anti itch body wash that helps. Benadrly at night so you can sleep. I used an otc itch relief lotion (meant for minor burns, sunburn ect).
    Natural fabric (cotton, linen) loose clothes.
    Drink lots of water stay cool. Try not to scratch it as it can scar.

You can do it!! And it clears really fast after baby is born, within hours the itch is gone and rash clears within a few days.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I thought I had it during my second trimester but it went away. Or it was something else very similar. But Aloe REALLY helped the itching! Good luck!
  • Options
    ambahambah member
    I broke out in a rash this week and figured it was either a heat rash or PUPPP...must have been heat rash cause it is gone now...however I was told to buy Grandpa's Pine Tar Soap...heard it works wonders!!! Google it!
    I ended up buying some just in case the rash comes back.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Is that what this rash is on my leg?!
    image.jpg 1008.8K
  • Options
    Nope. Nvm lol. I guess what you guys are talking about shows up on your belly
  • Options
    @ jones071507 Tends to start on your belly but can go anywhere! I had it on the inside of my legs, all over my tummy, sides of my boobs, back.

• Options
    It's spreading more and I did more research. Pretty sure that's what I have. Ahh!!!! From the horror stories I've heard I sure hope it doesn't spread past my leg! Going to try oils to see if it helps.
  • Options
    I called my doctors office and she told me to use Cortizone cream. This has helped. 
  • Options
    I had it with my last pregnancy. First, I am sooo sorry! Here are a few things that seemed to help a little: grandpas pine tar soap (let it sit on the rash for a bit), cold showers, ice packs (I would put them in my bra and across my belly while I was at work), wearing clothes as little as possible (loose clothes are best), cold damp towels layed across itch area, sitting by a fan or under your AC vent, the only lotion that helped me at all was Sarna... Smells awful but helped a little. So pretty much cold helped me. Good luck. Try to take it day by day. My dr ended up giving me rx sleeping pills because I couldn't sleep from the itching. It will end!!