February 2015 Moms
Options

Working pump moms :-)

hi ladies , I would like to know what your schedule looks like since going back to work in terms of pumping and how do you store your milk at work. Do I store my pump milk in one container from what I pump and then when I take it home put it in bags or cube trays . How do you store your pump and accessories .I'm going back to work in 3 weeks and a bit stress as to what I need to do. Thanks

Re: Working pump moms :-)

• Options
    I pump before work, at 10:30, 1:00, and 4:00. Our lactation room has a fridge where I store the milk in bags. I have a Tupperware where I store my pump parts in the fridge. I wash them when I get home. The milk goes into a cooler and into the fridge/freezer when I get home.
  • Options
    I pump every 2hrs put the milk into the freezer bags and into the freezer at work right away and store my parts in a ziplock in the fridge while at work also. I noticed some of the bottles I have to attach to my pump leak with the lids so I don't bother keeping it in them.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I go back to work on Monday and my plan is to pump before work(6:30 am), at lunch(1:00-2:00-ish), and when I pick up my baby from my mother's or grandparents around 6:30pm. Then at night right before bed (10pm or so). I will keep my pump in my car along with a cooler bag with an ice pack in it to store the milk. On my days off I plan to pump every two hours like I've been doing.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Be careful dropping down to so few pumps @StephanieLBerg your supply can tank from that.
  • Options
    Baby sleeps from 9:30pm-6:00am. I feed her on one side. I go to work and pump between 10-12 (whenever I have a break between meetings) and get about 12 oz. If I really have to pump again I do it between 2-4, but that often gets skipped because it's so busy. I pick up the baby at 5:30 and feed her when we get home at 6ish. I pump before bed (another 10-12oz) after her last feed. If you make a lot of milk, and if your body responds well to the pump, pumping less frequently won't negatively affect your milk supply. I EP'd with my first and only pumped 3 times a day and still got more than he needed. It depends on your body.

I'm lucky to have an awesome lactation room so I store the milk in the fridge in there in bags. I put the pump parts in a ziplock bag and take it home to wash on Wednesdays and Fridays. I have soap and a brush and use the pump wipes and sterilizing bags at work if it needs it between then.
    photo
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    larby214 said:

Be careful dropping down to so few pumps @StephanieLBerg your supply can tank from that.

Sadly it's already tanked since I was put on 180mg Allegra once a day 5 weeks ago for eczema. I'm lucky if I can produce 5-12oz per day. We've been supplementing ever since. I'm taking More Milk Plus and drinking Mother's Milk Tea and it's helping some. I am going to try More Milk Special Blend to see if it gets any better. But I'm afraid that we are supplementing for the long haul. :-/
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I pump 3 times a day and store the milk in bags and bring a cooler with an ice pack for the ride home. I also have the steam bags, wipes, and soap / brush at work to clean the parts and bottles. Luckily I work for a small company and am usually the only one at the office so I kind of take over and leave all my stuff laying around!
  • Options
    I'm seeing this a bit late, but I've been an almost exclusive pumper since my LO was born due to her being a preemie.

I pump once one way to work (in car, double pump, hands free bra) on my commute.   I pump once during day.  Then pump again on commute home.   So basically hours are 7, 12:30, 4.   Then I have to pump at least one more time at home but do try to BF my daughter if she's up to it, usually around 6ish or 7.

I have a little mini-fridge here to store milk.  I bought a tote with ice packs to travel to and fro.  I bought extra Medela storage bottles that fit in tote nicely.   Usually only get about 9 - 10 oz during day and then maybe 2 - 3 more on car ride home.

Most important thing I found for work, make sure to drink water!!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers