February 2016 Moms

Worse than the 2ww!!

This is my second pregnancy, but my first ended in a miscarriage. When I was pregnant the first time, I was ecstatic and me and my husband could not keep the news. We told everyone right away! It was difficult having to tell them that I had a miscarriage. Now, after this long journey of ttc, and now pregnant again, my husband and I have decided to wait to tell family and friends till 12 weeks. So I thought the 2ww was hard, but it's only been 3 days since my BFP and I can't wait to share the news!!! This is going to be the longest summer ever!

Re: Worse than the 2ww!!

• Sorry for your loss. I agree to can't wait to take a cute photo and share it with the world! I'm having an even harder time waiting for the first ultra sound. I just want to hear that little heartbeat!
    Baby 2.0!
    BabyFruit Ticker

"http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/32499b"
     28 Years old DH 29
    Married since 8/7/10
  • Loading the player...
  • Congrats and welcome!!! The wait to tell people and the wait for the first ultrasound is like torture, especially after a miscarriage.
    Benjamin born on - 4/5/12
    BFP 12/31/14, EDD 9/08/14 ~ Natural M/C 2/21/14 at 11.5 weeks
    BFP 5/24/15 - EDD 2/4/16

BabyFruit Ticker

• Your right! The wait is torture. So I snuck it in with a complete stranger! Totally crazy haha but it felt good to tell someone :)

Yes! I've told 2 people who I never see who I know can keep secrets (even better since the people I know never see them either!). Though if history repeats itself, I'll have to be outed earlier than I hope because they'll give me a patient at work, like and active flu patient or someone with chemo, who I won't take pregnant. Sigh.
    -Kimberly :) 
    My Ridiculous Chart                                                    
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Congrats and welcome!!!
    My Ridiculous Chart                                                    
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yes! DH and I have decided to tell my parents when we see them for the 4th of July (about 10 weeks) and it seems like forever. But I'm most anxious for my first doc appointment and US in 3 weeks. I just want to know baby is progressing correctly.
    Me 37, DH 37
    Married since 4/2004
    DS born 1/20/16, Graeme
  • jordans_wifejordans_wife member
    edited May 2015
    @AggieKim I know what you mean. I'm a CT/x-ray tech at a hospital so I have to tell some of my coworkers right away. Feels so weird to tell them before I tell family and my best friends. No choice though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @AggieKim I know what you mean. I'm a CT/x-ray tech at a hospital so I have to tell some of my coworkers right away. Feels so weird to tell them before I tell family and my best friends. No choice though.

Exactly! After I got outed at work last time, I went ahead and told my friends (my parents already knew). I'd rather wait and I'll see what happens this time.
    My Ridiculous Chart                                                    
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • angc4angc4 member
    Thanks for the insight, and welcome and congrats!
    I definitely have this on my mind also but def have told some people X_X

28, DH - 30 
    Married 10/04/14 
    TTC since 1/1/15
    BFP 5/28/15
    MC 6/9/15
    BFP#2 9/21/15 - EDD 5/20/16
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • MrsJG3MrsJG3 member
    Welcome and congratulations! I am sorry for your loss. We are waiting too. I did tell two close friends so I could share the news but also be okay telling them I had a miscarriage.
    DD: 8  DD: 3.5  DS:18M
    Baby #4 Due: 2/4/2016
    Feb16 August Siggy Challenge
    Favorite TV Mom

• I miscarried in Easter, we told our families 2 days before I miscarried (I was 6 weeks) it was awful!!! I am waiting until my ultrasound on the 12, then we will tell our families on fathersday weekend. I cannot wait to get to my ultrasound!!!
    Congrats and good luck
  • I'm with you... I suffered through so many 2wws, and now I realize that once you get pregnant it becomes a 12ww, and now you get to freak out about every symptom that comes and goes.

Good luck!
  • We just had a miscarriage in March so we are definitely waiting longer this time to tell everyone.  We've only shared the news with those that we are extremely close to, the same people we would feel comfortable talking to about a miscarriage.
  • Sorry for your loss - and like others - I feel like I'm in a similar boat - In March I told some friends/coworkers immediately (work in a hospital) - then it turned into a chemical - so we are *trying* to wait until ~12wks - and its torture!!!  Each day (conversation) I can get through with friends and family and not blapping is a small miracle!
    28yo, TTC#2 since 6/2014
    Kiddo #1 = 10 cycles of trying, 1 CP and is now a toddler
    TTC#2 since 2/2017

• I have a different line of thinking. We got pregnant through IVF and we had hundreds of people praying for us during the process. So, now that we are five weeks pregnant, I want all those same people to keep praying for us. We announced today to all our family, friends, Facebook, and through my blog. The more praying people that know, the better. But that's just me :)
  • Oh way more people than I'm comfortable with know right now. About half the people I ever intended to tell already know and I only found out last week. That makes me nervous.
    Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
  • PaniaOPaniaO member
    I'm having a heck of a time not telling the five people who randomly predicted I was KU (dreams, jokes, hunches, etc.) even though nobody knows we've been TTC. I'm so impressed with the synchrony of it all, and I want to share the happy confirmation of their hunches--but I'm trying to hold out! (I love the idea of inviting more prayers, though. Totally weighing that one now, too...) :D
    S & A married 8.12.2013
    Expecting Saulie O 2.12.2016
  • In the past I always wait until after confirming the hb on us. However I always have to tell some of my coworkers bc I am in radiology. This time for shits n giggles barring my coworkers, I'm thinking I'm gonna try and make it as long as I can before telling people. I wanna be like 20 weeks and just then telling people;) But in all honesty this is my 3rd so it's unlikely I won't be showing before 12 weeks hits! That and my friends and family are all social drinkers so I won't make it far without them noticing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am so scared to tell anyone and can't stop peeling on sticks! I'm still really early and have gotten 7 positive frer but no positive digital tests so I haven't even called my dr. Testing makes me crazy but I'm going to call Monday if I'm still getting positives (no false alarm chemical pregnancies please!!)
  • I am so scared to tell anyone and can't stop peeling on sticks! I'm still really early and have gotten 7 positive frer but no positive digital tests so I haven't even called my dr. Testing makes me crazy but I'm going to call Monday if I'm still getting positives (no false alarm chemical pregnancies please!!)
    What is the timeline of your tests/dpo?  Most of the digis are less sensitive than FRER - so it is possible that everything could be fine and you just don't have enough HCG to turn a digi.  Good luck!
    28yo, TTC#2 since 6/2014
    Kiddo #1 = 10 cycles of trying, 1 CP and is now a toddler
    TTC#2 since 2/2017

• angc4angc4 member
    So I feel like with every day that passes this wait become worse for me... It is sooo frickin hard!
    Maybe because the initial awe and amazement is starting to pass and reality is setting in?!?
    But really I feel like it's terrible.
    Can we have a daily bitchfest? Where you can just rant? I might need this!
    28, DH - 30 
    Married 10/04/14 
    TTC since 1/1/15
    BFP 5/28/15
    MC 6/9/15
    BFP#2 9/21/15 - EDD 5/20/16
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • What I hate about it is that you feel horrible but can't say anything. It's the worst feeling of all the trimesters but you have to act like everything is normal...
  • PumpkinTi said:

I am so scared to tell anyone and can't stop peeling on sticks! I'm still really early and have gotten 7 positive frer but no positive digital tests so I haven't even called my dr. Testing makes me crazy but I'm going to call Monday if I'm still getting positives (no false alarm chemical pregnancies please!!)

What is the timeline of your tests/dpo?  Most of the digis are less sensitive than FRER - so it is possible that everything could be fine and you just don't have enough HCG to turn a digi.  Good luck!

I started getting positives at 9dpo... I'm currently 12dpo. Completely know I'm being irrational! I've gotten 10positives-yep I said it 10! But by my calculations I shouldn't have a positive digital till Friday at the earliest. Has it stopped me from trying-nope! Pregnancy makes me lose my mind :)

• When we got pregnant for the first time, the same thing happened to us. We shared with our family members only though, but shortly after at 7 weeks we had a miscarriage. It was so difficult. When we got pregnant the 2nd time around we were more conservative. We only shared the news with my parents and waited until 12 weeks to share with the rest of our family members. We shared with the rest of the world when we found out the gender. Our little girl will be 2 years old next month. Good luck.

**Married to My Best Friend Since 04/2010**

**Success After Loss**

• When we got pregnant the first time, we told everyone quick, well except my step-daughter. Everything was fine. Well 5 months after our baby girl was born, we found out we were pregnant! Completely shocked but still told everyone! Unfortunately we lost that baby at 10 weeks towards the end of Oct last year. We are pregnant again and I can't wait to tell everyone but I am too scared. We did tell my parents, which was the hubs idea, but no one else!! My dr is watching me close... Already had lab work Thursday and will again Monday! I just want to hear that heartbeat!! So for now we are keeping it a secret!! Prob won't tell until we at least get past that 10 week point!!
  • edited June 2015
    I'm feeling kind of the opposite. I want to tell everyone. DH is the one who wants to wait. Last year, I had to spend Mother's Day hiding the fact that I was having mc contractions while surrounded by DH's family, because his brother was being deployed to South Korea the next day. I didn't want to ruin it for them, so I bit back the pain and suffered in silent agony. We didn't tell them until after his brother had left, only my parents, the brother, and brother's fiance knew (they were staying on our couch until they left).
    I have a close knit group of local moms that know now, and my parents do, but I feel like the more that know, the more support we have, no matter what happens.
    DS 6-26-2008
    DD 2-24-2013
    Angel 5-9-2014
    Rainbow 2-8-2016

• I feel your pain, I've have 2 miscarriages, and had told people before I should have. The 12 week wait is just as bad as the 2ww. I want to shout if from the rooftops.
  • mamaekmamaek member
    We haven't told anyoneeee. Only you guys know. I'm home visiting parents this weekend. And I've already been asked twice by sister and a close friend just randomly, looking at me suspiciously. And my two year old niece is supeeer clingy with me right now. I had noticed and my mom pointed it out later.
    We are having an ultrasound this Saturday and thinking of sharing the news on Father's Day.