April 2014 Moms
Options

New Job

i interviewed for a new job Friday. I don't have to leave my current job, but it's been on my mind for a while. I'm not a fan of the small school district I am currently in. It would take me all day to tell you the crazy things that actually happen in a small southern town's school district! Any way, I interviewed for the job and was offered it that afternoon. I spent a few hours crying because I started thinking about leaving all of my friends and comfort zone, but I accepted it. I'm still nervous, but I'll finally be teaching in the county where I live and I'll be walking distance to my son's daycare. Now I have to tell my current principal.. I am so worried about telling her because I will be the third teacher to resign this week. Wish me luck!

Re: New Job

• Options
    Good luck! That sounds like a hard, but good, choice. It'll be so nice for you to be so near to your son's daycare. And I'm sure your new school will make you feel welcome! Congratulations!
  • Options
    Good luck and congratulations!

March siggy challenge: Dream job = Playing with wolves

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats! It sounds like it'll be a great change! Good luck with the old principal...I'm sure they'll understand!
  • Options
    ksulliksulli member
    Taking a new job was one of the hardest things I've done professionally, but it was the BEST THING EVER. I hope it works out as well for you as it did for me! Good luck with giving your notice. It's a great time of year for them to hear it though since they'll have all summer to recruit.
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • Options
    If it is better for you, you need to do it. They will have the summer to find a replacement. Plus, no administrator can get upset about someone leaving because it is best for them. Congrats!!!
  • Options
    Congrats! Your family comes first, sounds like a good opportunity!
  • Options
    Congrats and good luck! It's hard to make changes but it sounds like it's what's best for you and your family. I moved jobs two years ago and it worked out wonderfully.