November 2015 Moms
Options

My AMAZING doctor visit. (had to share)

Yesterday I had my first appointment with my doctor since I've gotten pregnant.  I've had an ultrasound at 7 weeks with a technician and blood work done with a nurse practitioner but haven't met with my gyn/ob.  Usually my husband goes with me but he just started working at the local University and I was under the assumption it was to review my blood work test results and answer any questions.   My doctor was happy to finally see me and expressed his happiness that my third round of Clomid was successful.  (It made me happy he cared.)
My urine test was normal (no high glucose or proteins).  My blood work was also normal and he said my levels were fantastic (somehow, I eat horribly and have insulin resistance/PCOS). My blood pressure was really high though (140/80) and I have to go back in two weeks instead of four to monitor it.  He also mentioned my high risk of gestational diabetes and is making me get tested at 20 AND 28 weeks.
Then the fetal doppler came out.  Being a FTM I'm not sure what to expect at these appointments and was really excited I'd hear by baby's heartbeat.  He searched for what felt like forever (always nerve racking) and couldn't find it clearly.  He grabbed a V scanner which showed the baby!  I haven't seen it since my 7 weeks appointment and was really touched to see it in its entirety.   It was so developed!!!  Then the most amazing thing happened!  My baby moved to face us and I could see its face!!!!  I've never seen anything cuter and I'm instantly in love.   On the ride home,  I Loved Her First by heartland came on the radio and I broke down and cried all the way home (happily).   
I just wanted to share one of the most amazing moments in my life and I cannot wait until I can hold my little one.

Re: My AMAZING doctor visit. (had to share)