January 2016 Moms
Options

STMs+: are you registering?

I'm very much of the "baby showers are for first babies only" mindset, and we really need very little this time anyway since we got all the big ticket items gender-neutral. But I'm thinking about registering anyway, just for the completion code. Anyone else?

Only things on my list this time:
-Nursery decor
-Ring sling for easily chasing DS around the house while holding/nursing #2
-Big boy bed for DS (so #2 can get his crib)
-Double stroller (and even that's a maybe, since we don't use our stroller a ton, and I might just wear #2 while pushing #1 in the beginning)
-Girly clothes and stuff if #2 ends up being a girl
BFP #1 10/6/11 | EDD 6/15/12 | MMC 11/7/11 @ 8w3d | D&C 11/14/11

BFP #2 8/22/12 | EDD 5/5/13 | DS1 born 5/9/13

BFP #3 4/25/15 | EDD 1/7/16 | MMC 7/2/15 @ 13w1d | D&E 7/8/15

BFP #4 12/9/15 | EDD 8/22/16 | DS2 born 5/18/16 at 26w2d

Just keep swimming.

Re: STMs+: are you registering?

• Options
    SullyNSullyN member
    Same! I just want the completion coupon! We need a car seat, and plan on getting a carrier, and scooter to attach to his Phil & Ted's stroller, travel size sleep sheep, breast pump (I read recently TriCare is now providing them but I'm not positive), and an exersaucer. And if it's girl we need girl stuff.

Does Amazon have a completion coupon? With my son we only did BRU & Target.

BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    SullyN said:
    Same! I just want the completion coupon! We need a car seat, and plan on getting a carrier, and scooter to attach to his Phil & Ted's stroller, travel size sleep sheep, breast pump (I read recently TriCare is now providing them but I'm not positive), and an exersaucer. And if it's girl we need girl stuff. Does Amazon have a completion coupon? With my son we only did BRU & Target.
    Yep, they do! I think it was only 10%, whereas some places are 15% or higher. But the thing I love about Amazon's registry is you can add stuff from anywhere. And you can also make it private, which is nice if you're just using it for the completion and don't want people to think they need to buy you stuff.
    BFP #1 10/6/11 | EDD 6/15/12 | MMC 11/7/11 @ 8w3d | D&C 11/14/11

BFP #2 8/22/12 | EDD 5/5/13 | DS1 born 5/9/13

BFP #3 4/25/15 | EDD 1/7/16 | MMC 7/2/15 @ 13w1d | D&E 7/8/15

BFP #4 12/9/15 | EDD 8/22/16 | DS2 born 5/18/16 at 26w2d

Just keep swimming.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm not a STM but I thought I might add my two cents. When close friends and relatives have additional babies I always double check to see if they are registered. Just because they're not having a shower doesn't mean I wouldn't like to get their new baby a gift and it's easier if I know what they need. It's totally worth doing for any discounts as well though. I can't think of any reason to not make one.
  • Options
    SullyNSullyN member
    @bananers sweet!!! I love Amazon! I've had a baby wishlist going for about 2 years now to keep track of stuff I knew we would need or want.
    @jessfragione that's an awesome idea!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I hadn't even thought of it but I probably will for the code too. I know we have family who will want to get the baby stuff even though like a lot of ladies here I'm against showers for second+ babies.
  • Options
    No shower or registry needed here, but if anyone asks what to buy me I will gladly tell them diapers and wipes :)
  • Options
    Not decided yet, but if I do it will be just for me to get the code and really close friends and family who want ideas. We want a ring sling, rock n play and a few other things like another camera for the new baby room the connects to the same monitor screen.
  • Options
    No registry or showers for me. I really don't need much, I have a ton of gear from my son and I have always tried to stay gender neutral there. My mom said she would buy a big ticket item for me so probably ask for my travel system. I get doing it for the coupons though, that's a good idea. I'm just planning on using the BRU 20% off coupons wisely. Also Target and Amazon randomly have good baby sales.

I'm the only person I know that doesn't believe in showers for 2nd babies... I mean I still go, I buy gifts... Maybe I'm just old school with my way of thinking, but glad to see I'm not the only one. Everyone acts like I'm crazy for feeling this way.

I am, however, going to plan a spa day/ night with only my best friends (and my sister, but she's my bestest friend) ... Maybe get massages and have a nice dinner... Just so I can spend quality time with them before it gets a lot harder.
  • Options
    I'm on the no-shower-for-2nd-babies bandwagon too!! We will do a spa day for my mom, sister and I, and instead of having a shower we plan to do a "meal train" you can set it up online and then people just sign up for a time and bring you dinner, (or breakfast or whatever) so you are fed the first few weeks of the new little one.
    I will not register. If someone asks I can let them know what we need.
  • Options
    bkc92bkc92 member
    I'm doing a registry for us for the code. We'll be buying a double stroller, baby carrier, new bottles/etc, socks/onesies/pjs, and some new blankets because DS ruined a few of his.

If it's a girl, we'll need girl clothes and such.

My mom and MIL will probably be the only ones that want to buy us anything, and they'll ask me. Otherwise we will welcome all of the diapers and wipes or whatever else anyone is generous enough to gift us :) no shower here.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I pretty much need everything again (except for girl clothes, if it's a girl). We got rid of everything thinking we couldn't have another baby.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mama to one girl: born 12/2009. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    sck601sck601 member
    I'm doing a registry for the code as well. All of our big items are neutral, so I don't need any of those. I was looking into a dbl jogging and regular stroller for later though

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    scarylscaryl member
    I'll be doing a registry just for the completion code.  I may not even tell anyone, but the discount sure was sweet the first time around.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'll do it for coupons and completion code- but would rather do a sip & see after the baby is born!
  • Options

I pretty much need everything again (except for girl clothes, if it's a girl). We got rid of everything thinking we couldn't have another baby.

Same here, we got rid of everything. I won't be having a shower but will have a registry for the completion coupon.
  • Options
    @DGandDG I'm sure I won't be able to get away without a shower. My family and friends will probably push it (all friends have had showers for all their babies). Oh well. Ha!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mama to one girl: born 12/2009. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I might do it for the completion code if we end up needing anything big-ticket, though I think we're set for now.  I'm pretty anti-second shower, unless there's a big gap in years (5+).  We knew we'd want more kids so all of our gear is neutral.  The only thing we'd need would be clothes, and that's the fun part that I'd want to do myself!

DD 12/20/99, DS 12/14/12, M/C 9/2014, M/C 1/2015

• Options
    I'll do it for the completion code. My son is almost 8 and we really are starting from scratch, but It is highly unlikely I have another shower.
    Married the love of my life: 11/12/2009
    1st BFP ever : 11/19/2014
    1/9/2015 our miracle baby was welcomed in heaven.
    BFP #2 : 4/21/2015
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I plan on registering, the double stroller I want is usually excluded from coupons so the completion coupon will help a ton.
  • Options
    kkh225kkh225 member
    Except for certain circumstances (first baby with a new partner, very large age gap, or multiples, and maybe a few more), I think second baby showers are super tacky. I'm also appalled when people throw their own showers. We will not be having one.

I think sip and sees are fun so extended family and friends can meet the baby, but due to RSV season in January, that won't be happening either.
  • Options
    Definitely not planning to have a second shower, but like most of you, I'm registering at a bunch of places for the completion codes. That way I can shop around and figure out which has the best deal on the things I need and buy whereever is cheapest after the completion code is applied.
    I'm getting a ride-on attachment for my stroller for our toddler, maybe a double umbrella stroller if there is such a thing, a big boy bed for my toddler so the crib can go to baby (but we're getting that at ikea and I don't think they have a registry). I'm also going to put wipes, breast milk storage bags, waterproof bottle labels, nursery decor, and gender-specific clothes if it is a girl.
    Also, a few things for the big brother-to-be like an "I'm going to be a big brother" book and t-shirt.
    Although we aren't having a shower, I know that a lot of times when I go to meet a friend's new baby for the first time, whether it's their first or their fourth, I bring a gift. And usually I look at the usual places to see if she has a registry before I buy.
  • Options
    I'm doing it as well for the completion code plus my family believes that every child should be celebrated in some form.  With DD we had a shower after her arrival since we went team green and it was wonderful b/c family could meet her.  It was more about her than the gifts, although that was a nice bonus! ;)  Nobody went for big items though which made it perfect and I didn't feel guilty.

One of the real exciting things about his pregnancy is that Black Friday will be right around prep time for this LO....I am soooo excited to get good deals.  We don't have many big items anymore!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    k1225ck1225c member
    This may be dumb question but is the completion code only good for what's left on your list? And do multiple stores offer it? I knew with our son we registered at babies r us and they offered percentage off once baby arrives and you have things still on registry
  • Options
    k1225c said:

This may be dumb question but is the completion code only good for what's left on your list? And do multiple stores offer it? I knew with our son we registered at babies r us and they offered percentage off once baby arrives and you have things still on registry

Yes to both questions. Also, ladies, it might be a good idea to fib about your due date so you'll get your completion coupon in time for Black Friday :). I want to say last time the coupons arrived a couple of weeks before my due date. Maybe a month before?