October 2015 Moms

2nd+ moms how early or late were you with your other children?

nianicho777nianicho777 member
edited June 2015 in October 2015 Moms
Hello all!

So I'm a FTM and I'm due Oct 1st but I'm REALLY hoping for an September baby....

1. I've never liked the month of October much and I have no clue why
2. My hubby's birthday is in September so I thought it would be cool if they shared a bday month
3. There a few October birthdays in the family already
4. I'm really super anxious to meet our Son!!!

So if you could please share how early or late your child was being born, I'd be so greatful.

Re: 2nd+ moms how early or late were you with your other children?

• 2 days before the due date with my son. Hoping for something similar with this one :) but I am due Oct 22 so I wouldn't mind a November baby either :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine was almost three weeks early but perfectly healthy. He probably would have been chubbier but otherwise he was normal - 7 lbs, 5 oz 20.5 inches.
  • Both daughters were a week late, and I and I was induced with my second.
  • I went into labor on my due date, but it was the next day before DD was born.
  • My first came two days before his due date after they stretched (or stripped I don't remember the exact terminology) my membranes and my daughter came completely on her own four days before her due date. I'm due 10/29 with this one and joke that I expect it to come anywhere from 2-8 days earlier because of the way my others were
  • why do they strip membranes? @midge519
  • Vince was born at 39w2d
    imageVincent Julian born on March 27th, 2013 DX with Down Syndrome image
    baby
      BabyFruit Ticker
  • cfaithi said:

why do they strip membranes? @midge519

I believe it stimulates labor.
  • cfaithi said:

why do they strip membranes? @midge519

For me it was less than a week prior to my due date and they wanted to see if it would help stimulate the labor. I don't know any true effects it has but I went home and went for a walk and that night I was in labor. The dr guessed I'd go into labor that night and she was dead on.
  • With my first I was five days after my due date. With my second I was one day after. I had my membranes stripped both times but not sure it really did anything.
  • Dd1 was born 10 days before her due date. I'm hoping this one comes around the same time frame (on her own) because I work for the local school district. That means that our insurance starts over October 1st. If dd2 comes after then we have to pay an extra $1,000. Of course I want her to be healthy which is why I am on the fence about asking to be induced a week before she is due. I also have heard of labor taking longer and increasing the risk of a c-section with an elective induction which I'm unsure how I feel about.
  • DS was born at exactly 39 weeks which I thought was pretty perfect. I was definitely ready to have him but he was also ready to be born. I'm hoping for another full term baby. @smlow9311 What you have heard about elective inductions is true, it does increase the risk of cesarean or other interventions. Another thing to consider is that not all insurance companies will cover an induction if it is elective or they may have specific requirements. Mine will not cover any induction not for medical reasons before 39 weeks.
  • My son came exactly two weeks early completely on his own. My daughter was induced at 37 weeks, but I was already dilated to almost 4 so she wasn't going to hang on much longer. Even though they are completely healthy, there are a few things that were a struggle that are typical of full term but early babies( latching and sucking, regulating body temp). While none of these things were serious, it really would have been better for them if they were able to stay inside a little longer.

I understand your reasons, but if you are due that late in October, you would be hoping for a really early kiddo. On the other hand, I know lots that were induced 2 weeks late. That would give you a November baby!
  • First, I was induced 1 week after due date. Second was born 10 weeks early!!! God only know when this little fella will show up!! Hoping the progesterone shots make a difference!!
  • Baby #1 @ 35 weeks & he was healthy. Baby #2 @ 37 weeks & she was healthy. Baby #3 @ 39 weeks & he was healthy. Let's see how this one goes LOL! Good luck Momma!
  • nbpa3027 said:

My son came exactly two weeks early completely on his own. My daughter was induced at 37 weeks, but I was already dilated to almost 4 so she wasn't going to hang on much longer. Even though they are completely healthy, there are a few things that were a struggle that are typical of full term but early babies( latching and sucking, regulating body temp). While none of these things were serious, it really would have been better for them if they were able to stay inside a little longer.

I understand your reasons, but if you are due that late in October, you would be hoping for a really early kiddo. On the other hand, I know lots that were induced 2 weeks late. That would give you a November baby!

Sorry my autocorrect is nuts. I'm due October 1st :-)
  • Baby #1 @ 35 weeks & he was healthy. Baby #2 @ 37 weeks & she was healthy. Baby #3 @ 39 weeks & he was healthy. Let's see how this one goes LOL! Good luck Momma!

Thanks. Even if he came 2 days early I'd be in September so I'd be ok with that lol
  • Kara03Kara03 member
    My first was born at exactly 39 weeks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't really think of it as late or early since I've never known date of conception.

But mine were 3 days post edd.
    A week and 3 days post edd.
    And 1 day early.
    All were perfectly healthy, spontaneous labor so right on time.

A first time mom, who is low risk and not being induced tends to go past the EDD. It's best to not mentally prepare for early but to have everything ready just in case. My one early baby wad of course the one i was not ready for.
  • ElleMF728 said:

@smlow9311 What you have heard about elective inductions is true, it does increase the risk of cesarean or other interventions. Another thing to consider is that not all insurance companies will cover an induction if it is elective or they may have specific requirements. Mine will not cover any induction not for medical reasons before 39 weeks.

Oh yes the earliest I would go is 39 weeks anyway but that is something I hadn't thought about with insurance. Thanks!
  • Both of my daughters were born at 38 weeks, the second one weighing 9 pounds. I'm really glad she decided to come out when she did!
  • I had a membrane sweep 10 days away from my due date. I went into labor the next day and had her the following night. Eight days early.
  • I was 6 days late with my daughter. We are thinking about inducing this time because we have moved farther from the hospital and to make it easier to have family in town to stay home with our daughter. I'm due 10/2, so I'm hoping for a due date baby.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My body refuses to go into labor. I was induced with my first took two days. My second would not even be induced. Actually moved away from the cervix had a c-section. Same with the 3rd child. My fourth had a cord accident and spent 4 weeks in me passed away and my body still refused to trigger labor. With my last I was 4 centimeters dialated for 6 weeks, still no baby lol
  • my FIRST child didn't come until 14 days past the due date and that that's only because they induced me on day 14. my SECOND baby came 1 week early-water broke naturally at home.And my THIRD baby was 1 day overdue-water broke naturally at home.
  • I was 1 week early with my daughter but that was the original due date I gave them and then they changed it because they said she was measuring small. So, I think she was right on time.
  • LbloomLbloom member
    DD was born two hours before her due date (10 pm).
  • My son came 4 days before his due date. I was already 3 cm dilated at my 39 week appt. and the day after Christmas I drank a teaspoon of castor oil and went to bed. 5 hours later I went into labor!
  • My son was due sept 24, I had him sept 22, my bday is sept 26 I was hoping to have him on my bday. 2 days early (: !
  • nsaid4u said:

my FIRST child didn't come until 14 days past the due date and that that's only because they induced me on day 14. my SECOND baby came 1 week early-water broke naturally at home.And my THIRD baby was 1 day overdue-water broke naturally at home.

14 days over due ?! Wow that's crazy ! They won't let us go past 7-11 days !
  • I was 41w with my daughter. I was induced and nothing happened. At. All. I had Pitocin going forever and after 17 hrs, I was only 1cm dilated. Ended up with a c-section and a super healthy baby that even at 3yo, does things in her time. We did ivf, so there was no question as far as my due date. My family just doesn't go into labor. I was 20 days late and my brother was 14 days late (back in the 80's when they allowed this). I think my daughter would have been content inside for 3 more weeks if I had let her.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My son was born the day before his edd.
  • My DS was 9 days early and I went into labor naturally with him. We think DH and I having ST at like 2am that morning helped bc I started contractions a couple hrs later. He was born that night. Our DD was induced 6 days before her due date and I will NOT do that again if it can be helped.
  • With my first, I went into labor on his due date but had him the day after. With my second, my water broke at 39 weeks and had him then. Who knows with this baby! I'm just hoping she decides not to hold off too long after 40 weeks to make an appearance :)
  • My son came 6 days past due date! Labored for a while but he wasn't budging so I ended up with a section. Second was a planned section at 39 weeks!
  • My daughter arrived at 39 weeks. Man props to you ladies who went way past their due dates . All I remember at the end was "I want this baby out".
  • DD came 5 days after EDD and even that due date had been pushed back 3 days from LMP date due to size of the baby. Whatever you do don't plan on going early. My mom showed up a few weeks early to be there "just in case" I went early. Then my entire family showed up a few days before my due date a stayed for a week. I went into labor the day AFTER they all went home. I felt like a big ole watched pot the whole time. And everyone jumped at every little twinge. Believe me I would have loved to go into labor much earlier but DD had other plans. Now we won't let anyone come visit until at least 1 week after EDD.
    Pregnancy Ticker 
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • With DS my due date was 2/25. Water broke on 2/8 and he was born 2/10.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married: 05/14/2011

DS Was Born: 02/10/2013

EDD: 10/19/2015