March 2015 Moms

Formula Feeders

I breast feed my LO for 6 weeks before stopping and even though it was best for us, I still feel really guilty! Does anyone else have breast feeding guilt?

Re: Formula Feeders

• I do! I had to stop after 2 days because she wouldn't take my milk anymore and I feel real bad because I started getting real sore and almost couldn't stand breastfeeding and then she wouldn't take the milk anymore
  • Well, I'm doing both. I'm pumping at work. Even though they are technically giving me a time and place to do it, it isn't working out. I'm a nurse and we do not get breaks where I work. It's a hassle to get away and the dr I'm with freaks out when I'm not right by her side. Plus, I work in a prison so I'm pumping in a locked cement room with inmates right outside my door. It just feels so dirty and uncomfortable. I'm really thinking about stopping. Mine is 3 months old, I wanted to BF for a year but I just don't see it happening. I feel horrible because she knows the difference and loves my milk so much more :(
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't think there's any reason to feel guilty. Your baby is being feed and growing and as long as she's healthy you shouldn't feel bad. As moms we have to do what best for baby as well as ourselves.
  • LcastoLcasto member
    My LO is 12 weeks and the guilt is finally starting to subside (I stopped BF at 6 weeks too). Like pp said, baby is getting fed and you have no reason to feel guilty. My sister and all SILs BF their babies.. So I guess I was somewhat embarrassed by the decision I made to FF baby once we struggled so hard with breastfeeding. But as soon as I said "who the hell cares?!" Haha and moved on emotionally, I've felt a lot better. ;) My baby is happy, healthy and loves his babas. :)
  • I felt so guilty when I stopped nursing after only a week. I was so sore and baby was miserable. I don't think my supply was enough for him. We switched to formula and he was like a totally new baby. So much happier. I cried for at least the next week because I felt like I wasn't good enough. However, I've come to realize it was the best choice for both of us and we are much happier because of it.
  • cschoeck said:

I felt so guilty when I stopped nursing after only a week. I was so sore and baby was miserable. I don't think my supply was enough for him. We switched to formula and he was like a totally new baby. So much happier. I cried for at least the next week because I felt like I wasn't good enough. However, I've come to realize it was the best choice for both of us and we are much happier because of it.

Ditto to all of this for me.
  • RJP89RJP89 member
    I've been exclusively pumping since day 5 due to problems latching. I'm starting to wean and DS gets about 60% Formula. My stupid coworker said to me "please don't stop. I beg you. Your baby needs your milk" umm I'm not going to starve him!!! I'm sick of missing out on these beautiful moments in his life because I am attached to my damn pump. I hate formula shamers!
  • RJP89 said:

I've been exclusively pumping since day 5 due to problems latching. I'm starting to wean and DS gets about 60% Formula. My stupid coworker said to me "please don't stop. I beg you. Your baby needs your milk" umm I'm not going to starve him!!! I'm sick of missing out on these beautiful moments in his life because I am attached to my damn pump. I hate formula shamers!

I felt the exact same way!! I started exclusively pumping at 6weeks and I felt like that's all I was doing! At 12 weeks I stopped and now my son is formula fed and doing just fine. There was some guilt but I would rather be spending time with him than my pump!
  • People are so out of line! I can't believe what people think it appropriate to say!