Baby Names
Options

Sibling name for Ella

Hi, I am looking for suggestions on names for girl #2. Our first daughter is named Ella. Our top name is Lila but I'm not sure if they are too close when you say them together? The other names on our list are Ruby and Clara. Any thoughts or other suggestions?

Re: Sibling name for Ella

• Options
    Way too close. I think Clara is almost too similar too.
    Ruby works.
  • Options
    Id go for Ruby. The other two are too close.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ella and Lila and Ella and Clara are close but it doesn't bother me. How about Ella and Claire?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since September 2012
  • Options
    HulerHuler member
    nurse714 said:
    Ella and Lila and Ella and Clara are close but it doesn't bother me. How about Ella and Claire?

I vote Ella and Claire.... since these are the two girl names we can't decide between :)
  • Options
    I think Lila and Clara are both too close.

Suggestions:
    Cora
    Lydia
    Caroline
    Violet

• Options
    Hmm. I don't really get the too close thing. My sisters and I were Holli, Kelli, Niki. I never really thought about it, but to each their own! I love the name Lila! Clara is also nice.
  • Options
    Lila is too close and NMS as well so I'd vote it out. Ella & Ruby go together but while Ruby is very pretty it also strikes me as a name that might be hard to grow into - it seems like a little girl's name. Clara is great. If it were me I'd try to find a name that doesn't end in -a though. For some reason that sounds better with Ella to me. What about: Phoebe, Grace, Rose, Chloe, Alice, Claire, Natalie, Zoe, Caroline, Lucy. Good luck
  • Options
    Love Ruby!
    Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• Options
    I love Ruby. Instead of Clara, if you went with Claire, that would be my first choice.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers   
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I think Ruby is super cute.
  • Options
    4N6s4N6s member
    Way too close.
  • Options
    I think Lila is too close. Ruby or Clara are much better fits.
  • Options
    JenOSUJenOSU member
    I have an Ella and Lily.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
     (born at 35 weeks due to pre-eclampsia)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Olivia Claire born sleeping at 17 weeks (measuring 16) October 5, 2014
    MC 8/06 at 5w 3d
    MC 7/27/09 at 7w 2d
    MMC 12/2/11 discovered at 7w 6d
    ruptured ectopic (loss of right tube) 6/27/13 at 6.5 weeks

• Options
    I like Ruby best! Clara is nice too. Lila is too close.
  • Options
    LNic5LNic5 member
    Unfortunately Lila and Clara are too close to Ella IMO. Ruby would work though
  • Options
    rickeyrickey member
    We have a Claire and Natalie and thinking of Ella as a third...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    HJ8611HJ8611 member
    Thank you everyone for your input. I'm so torn between names. My husband wants to name her Lila and doesn't think it will be an issue that they are so close sounding. I LOVE the name but I'm just not sure because they are so close. Not only for me to say but for the girls to hear their name. I like the name Ruby but husband thinks it's only cute for a little girl and not a name for a women..... Not sure how we will decide.
  • Options
    My dh's niece is Lilja, prounounced Lil-ya. I think it has a similar feel as Lila, but she goes by Lil or Lily which isn't similar in sound to Ella. Plus, I just think it sounds and looks so pretty written out.

Mom to Emma, Noah, Isaac, Asa, Asher, Jonah and expecting baby Alice 7/16

• Options