Babies on the Brain

to start TTC or not

My husband and I were trying to conceive last fall and winter. With no success and no ovulation we went to the doctors and did the test. But after we did that my brother got engaged and instead of having a normal wedding they decide to have one in Jamaica in a year. So we are on the fence. I go to my OB next week to talk to her about going off my birth control again. I hate to put my life on hold because I want to be at my brothers wedding, but I am just not sure what to do. I even thought about if I was pregnant for their wedding. Which wouldn't be a problem, however then you get into buying a dress bigger and all that fun stuff that goes with it. Not sure what to do and just looking for advice, maybe someone has been in a similar shoe that can help me.
Married for 3 years
Me: 28 DH: 33
Together for a total of 6 years
Fur mommy to two rescue dogs
DX: PCOS and Insulin Resistance

History:
Irregular Cycles
2010: Laproscopy with Hystroscopy ablation. Tubes were clear.
1/5/2016 : DH sperm analysis is excellent.
February: Switched to a new RE
Two failed clomid rounds
March 2016: New HSG and found tubes are open
April 2016: Round one Letrozole 2.5 mg. Ultrasounds day 13 &16. No follicle grouth
May 2016: Had to take a month off
June 9th 2016: Started Letrozole again but at 5mg
July 5th: bfp beta 31
July 7th: Beta 97
July 9th: Beta 231
July 11th: Beta 500
July 13: Beta 1400
Beautiful son born 3/16/17 @ 1:38pm

Re: to start TTC or not

• I would stick to your own time frame. What happens after the wedding and if they start trying to have a family. Then do you have to wait so the babies don't come at the same time or wait so they do? I would start focusing on your own family unit.
  • I agree. Bigger dress, feeling yucky at the wedding, not drinking, etc. would not stop me from TTC. However, if you'll be devastated if you can't attend I might avoid trying for due dates that would have you in the third trimester and right after to maximize your odds.
  • Loading the player...
  • Lurker here - I want a baby.  I don't care what kinda hell I have to go through and deal with.  I just want a baby.  If you are at stage of going to RE, I'd be doing whatever they said to get KU. 
  • e=mc21e=mc21 member
    Maybe talk to your brother? Weddings are definitely once in a lifetime event, but since they chose to have a destination wedding they made the decision to possibly not have everyone there (we did this). I agree if you're on the fence maybe start trying 6 months before the wedding, even if you do have a small bump when the wedding comes, finding a dress 6 months out shouldn't be *too* difficult. Drinking obviously is a whole other con, but nobody can make this decision except you! But no, I wouldn't put my baby timeline on hold for my brother (who I do love)'s wedding- baby making takes time and who knows if it'll even be an issue. Could be a nice vacation if you haven't gotten your BFP after a few months of trying!