Pregnant after 35

Intro

Hi, I'm Angela, about to be 41 and about 12 weeks pregnant with LO #2.  Had DD Ingrid at 38.  I'm with a midwife who doesn't do much in the way of genetic testing, though last time I didn't switch to her until 20 weeks and I had already had all that done with the OB.  Trying to decide what to do, if anything.  So far I've had one appt, and we heard the heartbeat, which was very comforting since I've had an early loss before Ingrid.  Hoping all is well.

Re: Intro

• Welcome and congratulations!
    Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• Welcome and congratulations!  Is your midwife affiliated with any hospital or physician's group that would be able to do some additional testing, if you choose to?  Maybe that would be something to look into, without having to completely change providers.  Best wishes to you! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome.

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• Hello, welcome, and congratulations! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • congrats and welcome.  I used a midwife for my first 4 children.  I LOVED the experience.  It was so much nicer than the several Drs. I have used since...both in the prenatal visit stage and in labor and delivery.  However, it just got to be too far to travel for appointments and the hospital where they delivered.  SO I switched to Drs closer by.