2nd Trimester
Options

Guilty Anxious Bed Rest

I am 21 weeks and on bed rest . I went from working 2 jobs graduating college . To being in the house all day everyday sometimes by myself bc everyone works and bored . I don't have too many friends / visitors which I don't mind but I have hopefully 3-4 months left and I'm going crazy . I was put on bed rest bc of my short cervix and had a cerclage put in 2 weeks ago . I find myself looking at women who are farther along than me and feeling jealous/anxious to be where they're . My doc said she doesn't think I'll make it to full term or even 24 weeks so I'm just so anxious to get there and prove everyone wrong . I was also prescribed progesterone suppositories to help my cervix . I was at 1mm b4 the cerclage . 18mm after the cerclage and back down to 3.5mm a couple days later :/ . I just wanna be 35 weeks already but I feel bad that I'm trying to rush thru the pregnancy at the same time . Is anyone else feeling like this ?

Re: Guilty Anxious Bed Rest

• Options
    I just think ur excited to one be off bed rest when ur LO is born and two just to meet and hold him/her. Im the same way im not on bed rest but im getting so anxious to meet my daughter I want it to b october 6th already.
  • Options
    I'm just like you! Working 10 hrs a day and felling really good but with weird sensation in my belly last week I decided to go to the hospital and I was having contractions, and short cervix and baby in position! I'm only 25 weeks and cerclage was not possible so they gave me medication for contractions wich scare me because I'm not sure they are safe for the baby ! At least you don't need to take medicines ,

I'm alone all the time which is ok for me, this is my first week of bed rest at home, but I understand you more than anyone! Hope we both Can make it till at least 37 weks :)!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh wow im sorry you have to take medicine ! that is scary. At least you're 25 weeks ! I can't wait to get there :)
    Glad someone knows what I'm going through . I deff hope we both make it that far! good luck to you :)
  • Options
    I'll keep you in my T&Ps. In the high risk board, there is a bed rest thread, they might be good support for you.
  • Options
    Yes I feel the same way! I was a full-time student pursuing my degree in accounting and had to Drop spring term because my morning sickness was so bad. It's now been four months and I'm going crazy sitting in my house! I'm finally feeling better and I'm going to take fast-track summer courses ...I can't wait! I'm also stressed about returning to school after I have my baby.
  • Options
    You're doing what's right for you and the baby. Mentally, it's hard, but physically, it's the right thing. Of course, you're excited about meeting your baby. I'm not on bed rest, but I'm excited too & I find myself having similar thoughts. I try to tell myself to slow down and enjoy this moment, here and now...
  • Options
    Bed rest is hard at first. I was on bed rest from 16w until my daughter was born at 35w. I made myself a routine and that helped. I would watch 1 episode of 2 different shows, check my work email (super guilt about leaving my students), shower, and then the highlight. .. a trip down stairs for the rest of the day... you get the point! I planned the entire nursery online, did my registry, did the favors for my shower. You'll find stuff to do even if it's little things! Best wishes!