Formula Feeding

Easy to clean system

I was planning on breastfeeding, but we've had to do both breast and formula. All of the bottle washing is overwhelming. Is there an easy system you've found for formula feeding?

I have the Kinde system as I was going to use it for breastfeeding. I was intrigued by only having to wash nipples and pump parts vs all bottle parts. Anything like this for formula? Or anyone use Kinde for formula?

Re: Easy to clean system

• I breastfed for a few weeks before we switched to formula and we used the Kiinde system.  It was REALLY easy to pump into and store.  We have twins so I had two of the Kozii warmers and TONS of extra parts.  Ultimately, I think it is great if you only breastfeed, just not so easy with formula.  You can use the funnel to put the formula into the bags, but I always found that kind of a pain. 

For the formula, we have just 8 bottles total (Avent classic) and a couple of extra nipples.  We got the Avent sanitizing steamer as a gift and that thing is probably the most used product we have.  You wash the bottles, put 4 in it, then sanitize in the microwave. It's really a crapshoot as to which was easier - Kiinde vs bottles - because I always sanitized the pump parts after every use so it seemed like there was just as much stuff to clean. I would just give yourself some options that way if something doesn't work out for one reason or another, you have a backup.  Good luck!

• I use Avent classic for my kids and it has extra parts... They came out with a new design that eliminated one of the parts but the bottle I bought leaked so I returned it. That aside, I see a lot of ladies use and like those super cheab Gerber bottles. They are 97c or so, you could buy 2 days worth plus a dishwasher basket for nipples and wash them in the dishwasher every other day or however often you rub a load.