July 2015 Moms

diarrhea before labor?

I have read you experience diarrhea soon before labor starts. Has anyone experienced it before labor?

Re: diarrhea before labor?

• Nope, didn't happen with me
  • I've been in that boat for 3 weeks now...I'm 36 weeks today and at last dr appt baby was high and no dilation at all...maybe body is getting ready but for me it's not gonna mean any time so
  • Loading the player...
  • Two children and pregnant with my third. Never happened to me
  • With my son, I had it all day the day before he was born.
  • I had it too, and vomited once admitted.
  • Never happened to me. In fact, I couldn't poop because of all the pressure down there.
  • mnj05mnj05 member
    I did when I went in to be induced but it was nervousness. It helped though because I didn't go during pushing!

imagePhotobucket

TTC #1 since 3/2011
    DX: anovulatory and severe MFI
    DH is a testicular cancer survivor
    IVF#1 w/ICSI lupron, gonal f, ovidrel
    ER 6/15/12 6R 6M 6F! ET 6/20/12
    Beta #1: 154 Beta #2: 509 Beta #3: 7326
    Baby Boy born 3/1/2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2: 6/2014 all testing came back normal

IVF#2 (#1 for LO#2) 9/2014 - 17R 10M 10F 4 blasts frozen on day 6.

FET #1 10/15/14 - Beta #1: 216  Beta #2: 823

Baby Boy born 7/10/2015

• I did with DS1 but not DS2. I've had bouts of it recently, but I just think it's random.
  • KameaMKameaM member
    I have had it for about a week. I am 35 weeks & 5 days. Dialated to 1 1/2 for a week
  • they told us in our class your intenstines start to clear themselves when it's close so to possibly expect that in the few days leading up to it. 

BabyFetus Ticker 
    Little dude will be here before we know it!

• I was pooping a lot in early labor with my first and the day before/day of labor with DS.  So it was true for me.
  • With DD1 I had to be induced but last time I vomited prior to labour starting. I was literally sat talking to my sister on the phone and just randomly vomited on the floor- no warning no nausea totally strange. My eldest daughter was sat watching TV and didn't even notice when I was cleaning it up it was all so quick. I started getting a bit of mild period type pain an hour or so later and about six hours after that my daughter was born. I don't know whether it's hormones or something else but I think vomiting and diarrhoea are quite common prior to labor x